steve0 is offline NASM~AFPA~CPT

drinking alcohol

ok ok now we all know that drinkin beers and workingout dont go togather, but we are humans and love to have a good time. i myself try not to drink at all but living in a college town with all your friends in there 20's wanting to pound beers all nit exspecialy after BIG Texas Tech football games. i guess what in asking is with constant diet and exercise does alcohol really affect your muscle mass. i know im takeing down yest and i will end up dehydrated from the booz not to mention the empty calories your guzzling down.. but having a few beers evry now and then shouldnt be a problem right ??? or wrong ?

AandF6969 is offline Made Up Of Wires
    Search.. theres a million threads on this

decadbal is offline Banned
    steveo..... while your doing all this thinkin, i doubt youll need an answer... bc u already stated the prob with drinkin..

Rhino58 is offline Senior Member
    Depends on how dedicated you want to be. Your results can be effected but I don't think a couples beers every so often is harmful.

Last edited by Rhino58; 10-19-2004 at 02:12 PM.

AnabolicAlien Guest

hey man...

hey man... do you want to end up like this?!

when i go out with friends like that, and i have lots of them... i just remind myself how much better my workout will be the next day if i don't drink.

A.A.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails drinking alcohol-drunksanta.jpg  

1badcamaro is offline Anabolic Member
    i have the same problem with being in a college town but i do a pretty good job of staying away from beer on cycle. I'd say about once a month i'll have a 6 pack or so but then i feel like krap and run extra the next week

DevilsDeity is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhino58
    Depends on how dedicated you want to be. Your results can be effected but I don't think a couples beers every so often is harmful.

i agree

JohnDoe1234 is offline Member
    You guys need to relax. I hear people on this board rant and rave all the time how evil alcohol is, I'm not saying you should be a fall down drunk, but can we get real here. Some people on this board make it sound like that if you drink, you can literally watch your muscles shrink and disappear right before your eyes. I try not to drink when I have to train the next day, but I have it set up so that my off days are Saturday and sunday. And I never think twice about drinking on my off days. Jesus Christ you are guys are in your 20's, lighten up; none of you has a contract with EAS or all sport nutrition. And it's highly doubtful that most of you are looking to comptete on the next MR. Olympia competition. I have also heard memebers on tis board make the ridiculous statments that they get more girls than guys who drink, because girls think that a guy at a bar who is not drinking is better than a guy who is. GIVE ME A BREAK. I live in New York, which is arguably the most trendy and Cosmpolitian place in the world. the women here, have the most perticular tastes and standards of any women anywhere. And you cant bet your ass, that when they see a guy who is at a club/bar standing around not drinking, the last thing they are thinking is "wow this guy is the s-hit!". Sure they dont want a slobbering drunken fool learing and gropping all over them, but they also dont want some tight ass pretty boy who is afraid to have some fun, because it might ruin his figure. I take my training very seriously, I very rarely miss days, and I keep a good diet. And I can honestly say, that I get bigger, leaner, and stronger every year. And according to the numerous compliments, and comments I recieve routinely on my pysique, I'm not the only one who thinks so. So I say to you all my fellow juice heads; eat, sleep, DRINK,juice, train, and be merry.
    Last edited by JohnDoe1234; 10-19-2004 at 06:24 PM.

JohnDoe1234 is offline Member
    Oh and before any one gets all bent out of shape; of course dont drink while on cycle especially while using 17aa's.

clockworks is offline Anabolic Member
    JohnDoe, word.

I tell all my friends I don't drink, but they don't believe me cuz whenever I'm with them, I drink...=) I've only drank twice in the last 1.5 months: at a wedding, and when me and some buddies got a free weekend at a golf resort. What kind of turd would I be ruining the good time with my "I'm a hardcore bodybuilder so I can't drink" attitude... For the most part, I don't drink at all though. My gf left a 12 pack in my fridge for 1.5 months and I eventually forgot it was even there.

My rule of thumb: only drink on cycle if its a special occasion and then don't over do it. Special occasion being friends from out of town, vacation, rare party, etc.
    Last edited by clockworks; 10-19-2004 at 06:28 PM.

Phillyboy1 is offline Anabolic Member
    ive quite drinking, havent drank in a few months, its a waste of money

G-Force is offline Anabolic Member
    i always try to limit it to 1 or 2 days a week
    trouble is once i start i usually have more than a few

but i hear booze F*cks with your intestines and stops them absorbing protein....

which scares me

AnabolicAlien Guest

yeah...

i just don't drink at all.... even at weddings... i've found that most girls find it amusing and still want my kock, rather then a drunk blubbering idiot at the bar with half my physique.

that santa claus used to be "jact" before he hit the bottle.

A.A.

needmorestrength is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnDoe1234
    You guys need to relax. I hear people on this board rant and rave all the time how evil alcohol is, I'm not saying you should be a fall down drunk, but can we get real here. Some people on this board make it sound like that if you drink, you can literally watch your muscles shrink and disappear right before your eyes. I try not to drink when I have to train the next day, but I have it set up so that my off days are Saturday and sunday. And I never think twice about drinking on my off days. Jesus Christ you are guys are in your 20's, lighten up; none of you has a contract with EAS or all sport nutrition. And it's highly doubtful that most of you are looking to comptete on the next MR. Olympia competition. I have also heard memebers on tis board make the ridiculous statments that they get more girls than guys who drink, because girls think that a guy at a bar who is not drinking is better than a guy who is. GIVE ME A BREAK. I live in New York, which is arguably the most trendy and Cosmpolitian place in the world. the women here, have the most perticular tastes and standards of any women anywhere. And you cant bet your ass, that when they see a guy who is at a club/bar standing around not drinking, the last thing they are thinking is "wow this guy is the s-hit!". Sure they dont want a slobbering drunken fool learing and gropping all over them, but they also dont want some tight ass pretty boy who is afraid to have some fun, because it might ruin his figure. I take my training very seriously, I very rarely miss days, and I keep a good diet. And I can honestly say, that I get bigger, leaner, and stronger every year. And according to the numerous compliments, and comments I recieve routinely on my pysique, I'm not the only one who thinks so. So I say to you all my fellow juice heads; eat, sleep, DRINK,juice, train, and be merry.
    Well said man well said... I would agree.. unless on a cycle or cutting up!

JdFlex is offline Senior Member
    I think it all depends on your goals. If you're trying to get to the Olympia, then drinking probably isn't the best way to get there. I'm serious about keeping in shape, dieting, and working out, but I like to drink some beers too. I take the weekends off from the gym so Friday and Saturday night I feel free to have a few beers. But Sunday through Thursday I will not drink b/c I know I'll feel like $hit the next day and that won't be good for my workouts. My friends don't even bother calling to see if I want to go out during the week anymore, they all know the story.

Rictor33 is offline Associate Member
    There is a difference between drinking once a week or so and drinking every night. Recently I had a memorial day week/weekend 5 day binge of basically getting really wasted every night and I literally lost 5 lbs and got fatter at the same time. Alcohol effects everyone differently.

31uniform is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnDoe1234

For tomorrow we die!

S.P.G is offline AR Workout Scientist
    To bee honest I haven’t had a drink in 10 weeks is that a bad thing or a good thing, I think this Friday I’m guna get trashed lol

Thread Information