Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Commando_Barbi is offline AR's Arresting Angel Vet

After a great deal of thought....I have decided

To tender my resignation as a police officer. For those of you who worried about my "part time" job...I'm done. I've enjoyed it and it was a learning experience and made me a better, stronger person....but it's not for me. Too much politics and bullchit in the department.

Anyway.....thot I'd share.

C.B.
    1. Once a cheat always a cheat!
    2. YES, SHE can get pregnant the first time!
    3. NO, PULLING out IS NOT a RELIABLE method of Birth Control. DAMMMMIT..... Wrap that shyte UP!!

Women over 30 are dignified. They seldom have a screaming match with you at the opera or in the middle of an expensive restaurant. Of course, if you deserve it, they won't hesitate to shoot you, if they think they can get away with it.

For all those men who say, "Why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free". Here's an update for you. Nowadays 80% of women are against marriage, why? Because women realize it's not worth buying an entire Pig, just to get a little sausage.

What the mind can conceive....the body will achieve!

MILPOLDAN1 is offline Member
    wow big decision

alphaman is offline Member
    whoa!!! Didn't know you were a cop! Post up when you officially quit so I can like you again.

i have always wanted to be a cop, and was a K-9 mp for 3 years in the army loved it, but can't get on a civilian dept, because of a polygraph

My letter will be delivered Friday when I return from my travel.
    3. NO, PULLING out IS NOT a RELIABLE method of Birth Control. DAMMMMIT..... Wrap that shyte UP!!

Women over 30 are dignified. They seldom have a screaming match with you at the opera or in the middle of an expensive restaurant. Of course, if you deserve it, they won't hesitate to shoot you, if they think they can get away with it.

For all those men who say, "Why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free". Here's an update for you. Nowadays 80% of women are against marriage, why? Because women realize it's not worth buying an entire Pig, just to get a little sausage.

people hate cops until they need them

Quote Originally Posted by MILPOLDAN1
    i have always wanted to be a cop, and was a K-9 mp for 3 years in the army loved it, but can't get on a civilian dept, because of a polygraph
    Hmmmm have you tried telling the truth and owning up to whatever it is?

yeah if you have done anything other than marj, in Ga they will not even look at you

oh Im sorry

Who needs them? I have 114 guns in my safe.

I'm just kidding. I like some cops. A lot of them have stupid power trips though. I know a few that got their asses beat and got joked all the time back in school. Wonder if that has anyting to do w/ thier career choice? hmmmmmm

Nothin against you CB.

yeah your right, but not all cops are bad, they don't get the respect they deserve, they do have to deal with alot of crap, they see the worst in everybody everyday, all day.

Ok......there's lots of debate on either side of the case. I don't want this to turn into a cop bashing thread. I just wanted to share my decision.

I'll delete this if it turns into cop bashing....

i by no means bashing cops,

i am trying to get hired as we speak

NO no I am not saying you are.....it was more a general comment from alpha comments. Everyone likes to jump on the band wagon and take small comments and turn them into hug flame wars....and I was just putting the warning out there.

Quote Originally Posted by MILPOLDAN1
    i am trying to get hired as we speak

Cool. Good luck. I just don't like dealing with the "sensitivity" bs. Everyone's married but me, everyone's hyper sensitive about how their wives are gonna deal with me in their cars....had a male officer complain to my supervisor that I made him uncomfortable by reaching through one of the lower buttons of my uniform blouse, under my vest (which had a tshirt under it) to scratch an itch that was making me crazy. SCREW that. Guys can adjust their nuts but I get that crap for scratchng my RIB cage???

NO thanks. Don't need the bullshit!

BigMike J is offline Anabolic Member
    Good luck with your next career choice CB.

Glock-19 is offline Banned
    There are better oppurtunities to make much more money in this great country, and money is the reason most of us take shit from others in our trades. In some jobs the shit overpowers the money and thats where you have to draw the line. IMO gl to you.

Billy_Bathgate is offline AR Vet / Retired
    That sucks! There are politics in all depts, fire, ems, police etc...ya its bullshit and it does get old, I can feel ya there. Maybe you can cut down to 1 shift a week though for fun. Ive considering reserving 1 day a week...I dunno Fire side keeps me pretty busy.

63190 is offline Anabolic Member
    Can't you just switch to some thing that would let you ride a desk? Then you could be on-line all day!111
    What are you going to do now? Will it make you as much money as you make now? How will you support your self? Great, now I've got grey hairs worring about you. I'm so co-dependent. *sigh*

Quote Originally Posted by Glock-19
    There are better oppurtunities to make much more money in this great country, and money is the reason most of us take shit from others in our trades. In some jobs the shit overpowers the money and thats where you have to draw the line. IMO gl to you.

I was a reserve......... I was doing it for FREE!

Well CB even tho there are alot of police haters out there, u have my upmost respect for being a police officer, not alot of people can do it and usually the ones that hate are the ones who get caught doin stupid shit and are too immature to accept they got caught breaking the law

Mesomorphyl is offline Smart Ass Member
    Or the ones that hate could have seen cops abuse their badges, act like they are the law by making it up as they go instead of inforcing it then lying in court to protect their ass after trampling on someones rights, just so they do not appear idiotic and arrogant. Taken from an uncle johns bathroom reader(dont have it but it was a government source), the average IQ of a police officer is 104... 80 is retarted.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    What is the next career move?

~SC~

Quote Originally Posted by Mesomorphyl
    Or the ones that hate could have seen cops abuse their badges, act like they are the law by making it up as they go instead of inforcing it then lying in court to protect their ass after trampling on someones rights, just so they do not appear idiotic and arrogant. Taken from an uncle johns bathroom reader(dont have it but it was a government source), the average IQ of a police officer is 104... 80 is retarted.
    hence the 'usually'
    semms 'alot' (not all) of young guys seem to hate cops bcos it is the badass thing to do

co2boi is offline Anabolic Member
    Sorry things didn't work out for you. Politics are everywhere in coporate America though. I imagine it's especially difficult for an attractive woman.

Does this mean you can post your nudes without fear of losing your job?

Benches505 is offline 75% HGH 25% Testosterone
    I agree with the above, politics play out in work places all the time.

Best of luck to you CB!

Mesomorphyl is offline Smart Ass Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CoRnErBaCk_BlItZ
    hence the 'usually'
    semms 'alot' (not all) of young guys seem to hate cops bcos it is the badass thing to do
    I see your point. Some do have an opinion without actual first hand experiences... just like in the steroid section.

bor
    bor is offline D-bol Poppin'
    Quote Originally Posted by Commando_Barbi
    To tender my resignation as a police officer. For those of you who worried about my "part time" job...I'm done. I've enjoyed it and it was a learning experience and made me a better, stronger person....but it's not for me. Too much politics and bullchit in the department.

Anyway.....thot I'd share.

C.B.
    Big decision....best of luck with it!!!

I also don't like cops, yet one my closest friends is a cop.....I always say its a shitty job, dangerous and underpaid, you could get killed by a d@mn fool over a speeding ticket.....fvck it-you're better off this way...

Although I don't like cops in general, whenever someone starts bashing them I say this : "If I didn't smoke pot, do blow, speed in my car or do anything illegal then I'd have no problem with them.You should get mad at the ones who make the laws (politicians) not the ones who enforce them."

Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    What is the next career move?

~SC~
    I think she should join her FIRE DEPARTMENT!!!!

Wether full time, part time, volunteer or paid it's the BEST job in the world...

So CB, whatta ya say? Wouldn't a nice yello bunker and helmet look a lot better than police blues?

As a bonus, everyone loves firefighters... I guarantee you'll never see a firefighter bashing thread anywhere

Red

GREENMACHINE is offline Are you green enough?
    Good Luck in your new career CB.

jasper1968 is offline Associate Member
    Cool. Good luck. I just don't like dealing with the "sensitivity" bs. Everyone's married but me, everyone's hyper sensitive about how their wives are gonna deal with me in their cars....had a male officer complain to my supervisor that I made him uncomfortable by reaching through one of the lower buttons of my uniform blouse, under my vest (which had a tshirt under it) to scratch an itch that was making me crazy. SCREW that. Guys can adjust their nuts but I get that crap for scratchng my RIB cage???

NO thanks. Don't need the bullshit!
    My wife is a copper (and have many friends who are cops down in SoCal) and there is so much PC crap its out of control. My wife shares similar comments such as yours Also, my wife works graves and is solo which i find might leave her vulnerable even tho there is usually backup within a Minute.. But as we all know 1 min can be a lifetime. My wife is bilingual so it gives her some respect but after her 5th year she will move on to do something thats more satifying such as having children

I don't blame ya on how you feel and have you considered putting in your time and maybe doing a lateral to another dept? Can you do that as a reserve? Good luck on your endeavors.
    Last edited by jasper1968; 05-26-2005 at 11:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mesomorphyl
    Or the ones that hate could have seen cops abuse their badges, act like they are the law by making it up as they go instead of inforcing it then lying in court to protect their ass after trampling on someones rights, just so they do not appear idiotic and arrogant.[/B] Taken from an uncle johns bathroom reader(dont have it but it was a government source), the average IQ of a police officer is 104... 80 is retarted.
    Well said, my friend. And that is coming from someone who has experienced that very thing. Not in court, but in the magistrate's office. In court I was smart enough to have a good lawyer.

And b4 it is said, no, I am not basing my opinion off of one experience.

gixxer600 is offline Member
    Good luck with whatever you decide to do!

Hmmmm it's a thought! Even better.....I would like to find me a nice single fireman .

Quote Originally Posted by Red Ketchup
    I think she should join her FIRE DEPARTMENT!!!!

Wether full time, part time, volunteer or paid it's the BEST job in the world...

So CB, whatta ya say? Wouldn't a nice yello bunker and helmet look a lot better than police blues?

As a bonus, everyone loves firefighters... I guarantee you'll never see a firefighter bashing thread anywhere

Red

Thanks for all the comments guys.

I know that politics are everywhere. I'm not blind. BUT dealing with it in a paid job is one thing.....for free??? a whole different animal.

63190 is offline Anabolic Member
    You were a cop for free? Or a reservist in the armed forces for free? I'm confused now.

co2boi is offline Anabolic Member
    Thanks for all the comments guys.

I know that politics are everywhere. I'm not blind. BUT dealing with it in a paid job is one thing.....for free??? a whole different animal.
    Huh? Was this like an internship or something? I wouldn't last a week in ANY free job. Well, unless I was like J-Lo's nipple tweaker or something of that nature.

Slick Arrado is offline Member
    Sorry to hear that you'll be resigning. Good luck.

OK guys...

Quote Originally Posted by 63190
    You were a cop for free? Or a reservist in the armed forces for free? I'm confused now.
    I am Active Duty US Navy. I was a reserve police officers. Reserves do not get paid to patrol. They can pull paid details...but for the most part are voluneteers. It's a good way to get your foot in the door and establish a rep for yourself.

We straight now?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information