spound is offline Anabolic Member

Need help with personal training certifications

I am trying ot get a job as a trainer at this gym in my area, but I need to get certified. THe guy knows me, but he said he cant hire me until im certified,eventhough I know my shit. I was wondering if there were any quick/maybe even cheap certifications I could get and how I would go about getting them?>?? Any help would be appreciated, thanks

furiousburn is offline Junior Member
    You need to ask what certifications they recognize and go from there. Seriously dude, quick and cheap is not recommended when what you're about to do will set you up for potential lawsuits - jmo.

spound is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by furiousburn
    You need to ask what certifications they recognize and go from there. Seriously dude, quick and cheap is not recommended when what you're about to do will set you up for potential lawsuits - jmo.
    Yea well this isnt going to be a full time thing for me, just part time right now, and they he said he would hire me if I jsut got a certification. It doesnt have to be some joke certification, or all that cheap, but I mean affordable, and mainly just something that I can get in a short period of time.

look for IFA certification, its such a joke...take it untill you pass, and its an ONLINE TEST! but seriously don't get the cheap one man, take your time and learn about the science behind exercise. #1 if you don't knwo your stuff your clients wont come back to you, #2 you might hurt somebody.

RJstrong is offline Senior Member
    It's an investment. I think my ISSA certification cost about $500 and that was 4 years ago. I took my time to study for the test. It was a test you had to come prepared for. I think that out of about 40 people half were there for retakes. Look into ACE they are reputable and most gyms will accept it. you will also need liablility insurance which really isn't that expensive as a part timer. good luck, do your homework, study hard.... you may just learn something!

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by El Jugo Buen0
    look for IFA certification, its such a joke...take it untill you pass, and its an ONLINE TEST! but seriously don't get the cheap one man, take your time and learn about the science behind exercise. #1 if you don't knwo your stuff your clients wont come back to you, #2 you might hurt somebody.
    IFA is actually accepted at many places. The fact that you take the test before you pay is what people think is a joke, but in fact the material is very similar to other certifications.

Again, it all depends on WHO is hiring you and what they deem as acceptable. Some look at ACE at not being good enough, when people think ACE is accepted everywhere.

~SC~

IronFreakX is offline Banned
    Issa All The Way

taiboxa is offline "Vanity Redefined" ~VET~
    its all a scam if you ask me
    i would just find cheapest one that is natinally recognized and go for it

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Yeah, I know a lot of trainers who are bb'ers and models who know their sh*t inside and out, but don't have any certification but still have clients galore.

They have the trust of those people because they LOOK the part and it's known that they know WTF they are doing. Then you have those fat SOB's that have this piece of paper in their hand because they memorized material, yet they have no knowledge of real world application.

I know who I'd work with.

~SC~

taiboxa is offline "Vanity Redefined" ~VET~
    Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    Yeah, I know a lot of trainers who are bb'ers and models who know their sh*t inside and out, but don't have any certification but still have clients galore.

They have the trust of those people because they LOOK the part and it's known that they know WTF they are doing. Then you have those fat SOB's that have this piece of paper in their hand because they memorized material, yet they have no knowledge of real world application.

I know who I'd work with.

~SC~
    amen yeah my buddy who been an abid BBr competitor for Ever.. he is old as dirt still sexy as hell though told me..
    dood just find the Cheapest one.. w/ national rec and go for it... otherwise you may not earn your money back ... his wife had fake boobs.

Thread Information