Deadend is offline Associate Member

Football guys, help me remeber this player's name

For some reason I thought about this guy they showed us in my high school P.E. I think, he was a lineman for the Raiders in the 70's, i think. Anyway he was an avid steroid user and supposedly (based on the P.E. class video) died as a direct result of this. Does anyone know who I'm talking about?

Canes4Ever is offline Banned
    Lyle Alzado

shonuff is offline Associate Member
    yep canes is right. diagnosed with brain cancer in the early 1990
    and died in 92.

Fish is offline Junior Member
    I've always been skeptical about his death.

Vegas Kid is offline Senior Member
    Yep canes is right but he also starred on Saved By the Bell (college years) if I'm not mistaken

Football_Bill is offline Associate Member
    He was a non stop steroid user, always bridged cycles and never took a break. Bad ass football player though, one of my idols.

Fish is offline Junior Member
    Originally posted by Vegas Kid
    Yep canes is right but he also starred on Saved By the Bell (college years) if I'm not mistaken
    I believe that was Bob Golic.

Vegas Kid is offline Senior Member
    My bad, you're right. But wasn't he in some movie or TV show?

rangerdudeleads is offline Senior Member
    Damn thats al long time without stopping.

Fullback57 is offline Associate Member
    Alzado was a complete animal. He was a true tough guy both on and off the field

Originally posted by 9natural9
    CANES is absolutely correct.....Lyle Alzado died as a result of brain cancer which he attributed on his death bed to avid steroid use. He has supposely used steroids for up to or over 16 years with NO break.........
    Good God, that's pretty bad man. He must have spent a quarter of his salary on juice.

forget his salary, he gave his LIFE
    Amen bro......
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Football guys, help me remeber this player's name-46833.jpg  

RON
    RON is offline Anabolic Member
    Originally posted by Diesel
    Yep, his death was attributed to years of non stop use of gear. He was an animal on the field but IMO he was a complete idiot.
    When you mention roids to anyone that remembers the story, that is what they revert back to. His ignorance gave juice a bad name and because he abused it he paid the ultimate price.
    On the flip side, if anyone remembers when the story about Arnold using juice came out, it was a short lived story.
    Why? Because he was smart and did not abuse it. Therefore, it has not cost him his life making the story not juicy enough for the media.

Sorry guys, just my .02.
    I was just gonna say something like that bro. I know you guys love the man but he is one of the main reasons Im having trouble telling my wife about my use. Guys who abuse it like him make us all look bad. 16 years non stop come on now. The guy was an animal on the field and I respect that but he had to know it was gonna hurt him later. I think his story is the thing most non users think about when they think of steroids . That makes use all look bad IMO.

DIESEL AND RON, I cannot argue that. 16 years of nonstop use is very ignorant, I would have to believe that he had some psychological addiction or something, because 16 years bros, thats ridiculous......but yes he was an animal, and he did give roids a black eye, but it is hypocritical of the general population to cheer Arnold and boo Lyle....
    Can someone become addicted (psychologically) to gear?

Originally posted by Canes4Ever

Can someone become addicted (psychologically) to gear?
    You can become psychologically addictive to anything, IMO.

Wow guys, thanks...I always wondered about that.

Mighty Joe is offline Anabolic Member
    Alzado also used growth hormone ....Not the synthetic that we see today....But a human version from the pituitary of cadavers! Apperently it can be infected with a bacteria that may attack the brain.

Thats how I heard it from some guys in the know.

So everybody using d-bol, test and deca ....don't go ordering your pine box just yet unless you find some very old HGH. LOL

MJ

bigsonabitch is offline New Member
    I wouldn't be so sure he died of brain cancer. I think it might have been the HGH(jacobs krutzfeld disease) that did it. I personally don't think the sauce can cause brain cancer even if you abuse it the way he did. I also heard rumors he died of AIDS and blamed the juice to keep it hush hush.

Originally posted by bigsonabitch
    I wouldn't be so sure he died of brain cancer. I think it might have been the HGH(jacobs krutzfeld disease) that did it. I personally don't think the sauce can cause brain cancer even if you abuse it the way he did. I also heard rumors he died of AIDS and blamed the juice to keep it hush hush.
    This has also been the roumor in gay circles, that he was a "playa" in some lengthy gay relationships in and around LA with another famous athlete. I have seen pix of him coming out of a noted gay establishment in West Hollywood.

C'mon gang, lets not try to drag a guy thru the mud, or label him, the death cirtificate says "due to cancer of the brain" therefore, lets leave the rumors in the grave with LYLE, RIP.
    I second that. I justed wanted to know his name when I started this thread. I am going to conduct my own research on the man, as should everyone else. I appreciate everyone's opinion, but if its not a solid fact lets leave it alone.

BIG_JDAWG is offline Associate Member
    its very possible to get addicted to juice...because picture this... you are on a cycle of deca , test, and dbol ..and on your final week, you are just fuckin huge..enormous with beast like strength..well, when you go off with clomid, you will lose ALOT of that size do to the water..then comes the depression because guys aren't as big as they were and they want to have that mass. so there comes the depression. just a little food for thought

Big J

bigkev is offline Scamming Traitor
    no mud throwing bro, lyle played the other side of the fence, no doubt. doesnt diminish his legacy at all. he didnt die from aas, if that where the case, the guys from the golden era would have dropped dead years ago. it was a huge ordeal when he died(the cause of death). he shrivled up to nothing, but had all of his thought processes and wasnt stricken with a brain tumor by a long shot. it could have been a number of things, but aas use did not kill lyle alzado.

Originally posted by bigkev
    he shrivled up to nothing, but had all of his thought processes and wasnt stricken with a brain tumor by a long shot. it could have been a number of things, but aas use did not kill lyle alzado.
    Exactly, AAS use was not the cause of his death. He did have cancer, most likely caused by HIV+/AIDS.

Thread Information