Lush is offline Associate Member

Anybody else get hassled at work?

I just wanted to hear what some of you bro's do for protein when you're at work.

Me, I eat 2 cans of tuna, 1 potato, 5 eggs, a few slices of whole wheat bread, a whack load of cottage cheese and a couple glasses of milk.
    And I eat the same things every day- split up into 4 small meals. Occasionally I'll bring some deli meats or a chicken breast but that's about it.

So as you can imagine- after 4 months of eating tuna and cottage cheese every day- I take a fair bit of flack from the guys. I don't really care too much- but I get "Tuna again?" comments every day from the same idiots over and over and over..... And i mean EVERY day for the last 4 months. C'mon- how big of a loser do you have to be to actually care what other people are eating, let alone comment on it. repeatedly too.

Alright... i just had to vent. I find this board very theraputic.

I dunno- I guess that's the price to pay for looking so buff. The ladies at the office however, have been most appreciative of my gains. That's some consolation.

Anybody else have similar problems....?

arthurb999 is offline Anabolic Member
    Another guy at my work does juice too so we eat like maniacs together.

I think if the people at my work ate like I did, maybe they wouldn't be so fat.

Tobey is offline Retired IRON CHEF Mod

Ok Lush, I'm gonna hook you up

Whats happening man,
    Me, I take a couple protien shakes to work OR I fix some homemade protien bars. Dieting and training go hand in hand. BUT dieting does not have to be dry, dull and repetive. Check out my reciepe section. There are tons of reciepes that anyone can fix that are low in fat, high in protien ect. Forget about the idiots at work. Believe me I USE to have that same problem. When gains begin to become evident, attiudes will change, questions will start to be asked, compliments will be plentyful and the icing on the cake is.... The same pricks that are now giving you a hard time will end up asking for your advice. When that happens you will know that there is justice in this crazy world. Keep up the good work, if there is anything that I can help you with just ask.
    Later,
    The Iron Chef

Iwan2bsolid2 is offline Senior Member
    yeah totally here ya on this one. i work at a restaurant as a bartender. at first everyone tripped out that i ate the same shit and was so dedicated, and made remarks about hey want some of this cheesecake, oh i forgot you cant eat that! I just look at them like no i don't want any of you cheesecake FATTY! know everyone askes me to make them diets and its like i their personal trainer or something...it gets anoying so I just blow a stinky protein fart at them and they go running...HAHA!
    Just Ignore them all!

_SOLID

PaPaPumP is offline Retired Moderator
    Hassled at work?!?! How about at home?? I never here the end of it from my stank-ass roommates . "Don't you ever crave (this and that)" My answer is "Nope, I quit eating like that, it's not healthy, does nothing good to my body". They think I'm weird because I don't drink and get fucked up every night. I'd rather rest my body, and be ready for tomorrow's situations. They all sleep till 1 p.m. I'm up at 7, here on the board, checking out info. I mean, i have my fun, it's just not excessive like thos alky's. I use food more so as fuel to my furnace, then taste. I mean, I get my treats. I call them PROTEIN BARS! These things are a miracle worker. If i ever have a craving for sweets (which is basically never) I'll have a protein bar that literally tastes just as good. Anyway, these people are basically my family, they live at the same residence, and all they can say is...."Oh, this little won't hurt me, I'll go to the gym tomorrow." OH.......OK!!! I can't wait till i start my cycle and they start seeing what work and dedication ive been putting in for the last few years. I mean, i can at least see my abs, and flex my arm and have a muscle emerge! They can see jelly rolls and ass goblins, as far as im concerned. Ok, enough, i could write like for two more pages, but nobody is reading this anyway. I guess it was just for me!

P
    Last edited by PaPaPumP; 10-04-2001 at 10:32 PM.

you guys are funny ..... Lush I wouldnt let it get to you. They have nothing better to do with their flab so they enlarge it. Try tomix up your meals during the week. Im suprised that you lasted this long. Tobey has some gooood info for ya. i think I made a thread on something similiar a while back and Tobey helped me out with some foods.

It was today that I finally really patted myself on the back. I was sitting back in my office and was watching other people talk(just one those moments) and those same people that gave me slack before, had their stomachs hanging over their pants ... fucking funny!!! Its just so worth it......

FR

Billy Boy is offline Retired Moderator
    I always get "two lunch boxes where do you put it all" I really don,t care what they think I eat because I need to and because I want to I constantly have people say to me all you do is eat you sit on the toilet all day.
    Yep yeah you,re right of course I do but at least I can see my feet when I do.

I find puting your empty tuna cans in their bin is a nice thing to do.

Thanks bro's- good to know I'm not the only one being persecuted for my dietary beliefs.

Tobey- you're right man. I gotta get some variety going. Right now I'd have a tough time staring another can of tuna in the face...
    And I briefly scanned the diet forum- I get the impression you don't fuck around when it comes to food bro!
    I'll do some more searching at see if I can find some of your recipes. I'll drop you a PM too to get some advice.

In the mean time though... next time one of the rats around here asks me "Tuna again? you're going to turn into a tuna! hahahah", I'm just going to rip off my shirt and give heim a quick but savage pose-down. that should keep them form talking too me again.

in the meantime... I wonder if I can add whey powder to my coffee.....?

XBiker is offline Retired Vet
    For me, it's not so much my eating habits, but the gains I have made. One jerkoff was nice enough to blab his big mouth in the break room, right in front of several coworkers..

"You must be on steroids , look how big you are getting [...] You were what, 150 pounds when you started here (actually, I was 167 and up to 186 now) and now look at your shoulders..."

Everyone in the room stopped what they were doing and looked at me.

In reply, I said, " You know, if you were to workout and eat right like I do, you could look good too." At that point, I smiled and walked out. He has not said anything in reference to AAS since then.

Had I lost my cool or allowed myself to get upset, I would have fulfilled the "roid rage " myth.

It's just a matter of the fine art of persuasion.

El Rey is offline New Member

Yep

I used to take home-made protein bars to work, tuna, skinless chiclen, etc.... and have put up with crap about if from co-workers/family for 25 years.

El Ray,
    25 years? Damn! And I'm about to wig on somebody after only 4 months.....

LOL.

Pete235 is offline Retired Moderator
    I have two words for people like that....FUCK EM!!

Pete

I didnt mention this before but When those people bring their wifes/girlfriend in during dinners and they just sit there and stare at you or even smile at you right in front of them, they got to feel like a dirt ball!!! Thats the best, especially when their husband/ boyfriend are the ones who's givin ya shit. my girlfriend just laughs when it happens and grips on a little tighter.

FR

big N is offline Anabolic Member
    i work in a restaurant in the kitchen so it works kinda good ,every one ther is like no more then 170 lbs wet.so no one sais shit cause the know ill put their head in the fryer or something.

sp33dg33k is offline Member
    you know how many times i've heard

tuna again!
    yuk dont those shakes taste crappy!
    don't you ever stop eatting?
    (i have a very large water glass) you gonna put some flowers in that?

and my all time favorite from our helpdesk guy
    "its like an all day eating event for you, isn't it?"

i dont let it bother me though because most of these people razzing me are over weight and out of shape and only wish that they had the motivation to follow a healthy diet and exercise program.

just shrug it off and laugh, you know that you will reap the benefits.

gorilla is offline Associate Member
    im so glad im not the only one with these same probs. ALWAYS, i here you wanna go out for lunch at the chinese buffet!!! and shit like that, then they roll there eyes when I say no. God I wanna ring there fucking skinny necks and break there twig looking arms. I cant tell you how much I hate it. Let them eat shit literally!!!! well it makes me feel better that Im not th only one out there!!!!!!!
    keep eating......keep growing!!!!!!
    gorilla

Out of all these replies ... Pete sums it up to the point!!

Fast R

SPEEDY is offline Junior Member
    I can relate to all of this. Everyday I eat lunch with my boys in college and all they eat is like 10 pounds of pizza and greasy foods. I eat vegetables, pasta, and lots of tuna every day. Of course i get the usual remarks "U re such a p-ssy, a freaking girl....watching what you eat...be a man". My family is not a problem, they are very supportive....the only thing is that they dont follow my dieting.

georgie24 is offline Member
    YOU KNOW WHAT F#$@$ PEOPLE LIKE THAT.THERE THE SAME ONES WHO ARE OUT OF SHAPE AND SHIT THEN WANNA GIVE YOU ADVICE ON HOW AND NOT TO DO
    JUST KEEP BANGING AND THEY WILL BE ENVIOUS OF WHAT YOU ACCOMPLISHED.

PEACE

Pete235 is offline Retired Moderator
    Originally posted by SPEEDY
    My family is not a problem, they are very supportive....the only thing is that they dont follow my dieting.
    You're last name isn't Klump..is it?

Thread Information