Silverbackgorilla is offline Junior Member

Cadillac CTS-V...what do you guys think?

I found a Cadillac Cts-V for a good price in my area.. I have an Escalade now, but I am tired of it.. I want something fast but with room for my sons carseat.. and other things.. I use to have a 98 Cobra and I miss the speed, but it was too small.. the CTS-V seems ideal..

What do you guys think about the Cts-V..

For those that dont know about it ..Its a Cts, but with a LS6 Corvette motor(400hp), race tuned suspension, 6 speed manual, navigation etc.. Check out Cadillac.com if you want to see more..

Anyone have one or know someone that does, what do you/they think about it?

thanks fellas

Benches505 is offline 75% HGH 25% Testosterone
    Correct me if I'm wrong but that car costs near 50 grand new, you can do much better for that cabbage!

Dally is offline The Dally Lama
    a pretty good friend of mine LOVES CARS.... simply loves them, builds and rebuilds motors... and KNOWS a sh*t load about cars, his bro is a millonaire and has a vanquish a few bimmers like a x5, 850CI (only a few in Canada) a Z8 (really cool)

basically his bro and him went to test drive it and they both said that it is ONE WICKED car for the money, GREAT car and coming from dudes who really like euro's and look at my vette and say ... not a bad car (Pricks) they say for 70gs canadian its a helluva beast and my buddies bro is gonna most likey get it for him, as a wedding present...

Quote Originally Posted by Benches505
    Correct me if I'm wrong but that car costs near 50 grand new, you can do much better for that cabbage!

The one I am looking at is used.. Its going for 36k with about 15k miles on it..

BTW--I only buy American cars..so for me, there is not much to compare it to.. American wise

Quote Originally Posted by Dally
    a pretty good friend of mine LOVES CARS.... simply loves them, builds and rebuilds motors... and KNOWS a sh*t load about cars, his bro is a millonaire and has a vanquish a few bimmers like a x5, 850CI (only a few in Canada) a Z8 (really cool)

basically his bro and him went to test drive it and they both said that it is ONE WICKED car for the money, GREAT car and coming from dudes who really like euro's and look at my vette and say ... not a bad car (Pricks) they say for 70gs canadian its a helluva beast and my buddies bro is gonna most likey get it for him, as a wedding present...
    Yeah bro, I test drove one the other day..and it is fun as shit to drive--I definetly want one, just wondered what other people who had them thought.. ..Great power and the 6 speed is cool as shit... If you get a chance go by a Cadillac dealer and test drive one.. You will want one too..lol

thanks bro

JDawg1536 is offline "Rock" of Love ;)
    my neighbor has one and it sounds like a fvckin boat, definately one sick ass car. I have a 98 cobra just like you had, and beat one of those on the highway the other day id pay that in a second.

ginkobulloba is offline Senior Member
    I saw in Car & Driver, this new Chrylser 300 Hemi. They said the car is sick, with a top speed of something crazy like 180mph.

iNvid is offline Senior Member
    If you're only into american cars and you want enough room for your sons carseat and some nice power, cts-v is a pretty good way to go. I would chose it over a 300hemi just because I like caddys more

nsa
    nsa is offline King of Supplements
    The cts-v is one of the dopest cars you can get for that kind of money...

nsa
    Quote Originally Posted by JDawg1536
    my neighbor has one and it sounds like a fvckin boat, definately one sick ass car. I have a 98 cobra just like you had, and beat one of those on the highway the other day id pay that in a second.
    Your cobra beat a cts-v or a cts? Cuz a cts-v would have it all over a cobra unless you've dumped a few grand under the hood of yours.

Quote Originally Posted by nsa
    Your cobra beat a cts-v or a cts? Cuz a cts-v would have it all over a cobra unless you've dumped a few grand under the hood of yours.
    bout $2,600. 5.2 0-60 and 13.3 1/4 mile, they aint that fast.......
    Last edited by JDawg1536; 05-30-2005 at 01:05 PM.

iNvid is offline Senior Member
    damn american cars destroy in a straight line.

3Vandoo is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Ive learned something from my father who used to be a former race car driver!

All about the driver, not the car to the extend of similarities!

Quote Originally Posted by 3Vandoo

amen

nsa
    And you beat a cts-v with your car?

your car 0-60 = 5.2
    cts-v 0-60 = 4.6

Your car is fast for sure, but the other driver must have been sh!tty or not really racing...

Quote Originally Posted by 3Vandoo

Definetly--- In my 98 Cobra(when it was bone stock) I took a few new Vettes and a Camaro with about 385hp... just got a good start ..Could have easily lost those races..

stocky121 is offline VET~ Recognized Staff Winner - $100

Nicky B is offline Senior Member
    Yeah I like that caddy one of my bro's friends bought one (he's spoiled out his a**). Well he got some special edition one that has an extra 25 horses. The guy he bought it from said those extra ponies cut the 0-60 by .2 and the quarter by .35. And the car was already fast.

Benches505 is offline 75% HGH 25% Testosterone
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverbackgorilla
    The one I am looking at is used.. Its going for 36k with about 15k miles on it..

BTW--I only buy American cars..so for me, there is not much to compare it to.. American wise
    I can relate to your way of thinking since I'm the same. I only buy/drive american. Currently in a caddy DTS but it's more of a road cruiser but I can still put most jap rockets to shame with it

And you beat a cts-v with your car?

your car 0-60 = 5.2
    cts-v 0-60 = 4.6

Your car is fast for sure, but the other driver must have been sh!tty or not really racing...
    nah bro, cts-v 0-60 in 5.2, not my car. the lowest # ive seen is 4.7, but most tests show around 4.9-5.2. It would be close off the line anyway, but I raced him on the highway. Only lost once on the highway, and thats when I got bent over by a Ferrari.

nsa
    The cts-v runs 0-60 in 4.6-4.8 seconds unless you don't know how to drive a stick. Doesn't matter it was a rolling start anyway.

The cts-v runs 0-60 in 4.6-4.8 seconds unless you don't know how to drive a stick. Doesn't matter it was a rolling start anyway.
    http://www.albeedigital.com/supercou...0-60times.html
    http://www.fast-autos.net/cadillac/cadillacctsv.html

yeah 0-60 was irrelevant, but 4.6? you are dreaming bro. the vette runs it in that time and the caddy is a lot heavier
    Last edited by JDawg1536; 05-30-2005 at 10:22 PM.

Thread Information