Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Tock is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by IronReload04
    Maybe just maybe he is referring to The values from Jesus and the Bible. Not the puritans etc.
    Oh yah?
    I've got $100 with your name on it if you can tell me what Jesus ever said specifically about homosexuality, pro or con.

Ya, the purtitans were azzholes when it came to burning witches etc.
    Actually, they were only complying with what the Bible says about witches:
    Exodus 22:18 -- Thou shalt not suffer a witch to live.
    Consider the Puritans azzholes if you like, but they were only being, um, "Christian." Modern-day Puritans, better known as Fundamentalists, want to return America to those "Christian Values."
    That's not my idea of a good idea . . .

My Stance on homosexuality is that it is self destructive. That is just my personal belief which i am not trying to ram down the throat of anyone.
    No problem, everyone is entitled to their own opinion.
    Seems to me, though, that the biggest problem that gays face comes from the hassles that anti-gay people heap on them.
    Given that gays can have sex until they turn blue in the face and never get pregnant, the gay lifestyle, compared to the heterosexual lifestyle as demonstrated by millions of broken families, unwed mothers, abused and neglected children, families on welfare, parents who won't pay child support, the epidemic of heterosexually spread VD, etc etc etc, I'd say the gay lifestyle was considerably less "self destructive."
    But, then again, that's just my opinion . . .

-Tock

Tock is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by roidattack
    Ok tock, lets put you to the test. I know I am hijacking this thread but I need to ask a question. NAMBLA. I dont know if you are familiar with the orgainization. They are in the minority. Does that make them right? If not, why?
    NAMBLA . . . the North American Man-Boy Love Association. Last time I heard, they had a booming membership of six (6) people, and their lawyer wasn't telling anyone who or where they were.
    IMHO, under the US Constitution, citizens have the right to assemble, and the folks at NAMBLA have the same rights to band together to petition the government or discuss whatever NAMBLA people talk about, they have the same rights to do that as the friendly folks at your local Chamber of Commerce have to discuss taxes or the NRA has to meet to talk about gun rights. That being said, I can't say that I symphathize with inter-generational sex, primarily because most people under 18 (and an awful lot of people over 18, for that matter) are not mature enough to freely consent to have sex. And, IMHO, for some old troll to take advantage of someone's immaturity for the purpose of their own sexual gratification, well, that's not kosher. Same principle applies for salesmen who take advantage of people who don't know what they're doing with $$$ money. It ain't ethical.

You ask me if I think that NAMBLA is "right" because they are a minority . . .
    No one, IMHO, is either "right" or "wrong" simply because they are alone, in a minority, in a plurality, or a sizable majority. Numbers, in and of themselves, mean nothing. I will say, however, that I don't agree with the notion of intergeneration sex. If that is what they advocate (I haven't seen any of their materials, so I don't know exactly what they're all about), then I disagree with them, and I support laws which would protect gullible young children from these idiots, just as I support laws which protect overzealous salesmen from trying to induce young teenagers from forming legally binding contracts.
    Same principle, same reasoning.

I am certain that I have never called a homosexual person a fag,
    Ok . . .

I just do not like someone in my face telling me what I can and cannot say.
    I can understand that.
    But on the other hand, if you can avoid a needless conflict, well, you can avoid a needless conflict. Not every idiot needs to be reminded of his unfortunate state.

-Tock

Carlos_E is offline National Level Bodybuilder/Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    Quote Originally Posted by Tock
    Not every idiot needs to be reminded of his unfortunate state.
    I'm gonna have to use that one.

ticboy is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tock
    Oh yah?
    I've got $100 with your name on it if you can tell me what Jesus ever said specifically about homosexuality, pro or con.

-Tock
    I think a lot of the christian laws and beliefs were very much colored by the politics behind the church, Especially in the Dark and early Middle ages the lack of seperation between church and state and the ambitious and power hungry nature of the church statesmen of those times led to a lot more edicts and laws to live by that ensured that everyone had to follow the church, the threat of excommunication or persecution as a heratic meant that the laws were followed.

Not usually by the actual priests and popes though, Pope Innocent the 8th was such a family man he moved his wife and children into the vaticon with him.

Wheres for the populas sodomy was punishable by death a priest convicted of raping a 17 year old boy was brought before the Inquisition, his punishment was a year confined to the monastry. the boy was whipped until he died.

So am not sure about using the christianity arguement.

As Tock said, it didn't seem to worry Jesus none.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread Information