O.fO.shO is offline Member

Employment : rebuliding iraq

By any chance has any one or does anyone know of someone who has worked there?

Rumor has it if you work out of the country for a certain amount of time your income is untaxable when you come back . And I hear they pay 120K-200K a year .

I just applied for a bunck of positions , but they dont go into much detail .

ginkobulloba is offline Senior Member
    Yeah dude, I know people who do this, I've worked right next to them out there. Only difference is I was a soldier, doing more work, in more danger, and making a fraction of what these guys make...anyways...

The first $80K is tax free, after that you are taxed.
    $120-200K sounds a bit high, but it varies on the job and company you work for. i.e. an ex special forces soldier working security for Blackwater will make a lot more than a KBR worker who oversees the food service.

Basically, the more dangerous, the more you get paid. Security positions pay the best, hands down.

personally, no amount of money is worth going back over there. You've got to be alive to spend that money.

Alternately, you could look into jobs in Kuwait (csakuwait.com) and there isn't so much danger over there, but the pay is lower.

Whatever you do, best of luck...

FinaGuy is offline Associate Member
    who would want to work there???
    you couldnt pay me to rebuild a contry who haits our guts...

why destroy somthing and try to rebuild it... they should just destroy it

JMO

Yea , KBR (halliburton) is who i applied too , thier the only ones i could find with jobs (but i dont know where else to look either). I checked bechtel and found nothing .

I've applied to about 15 HVAC mechanic positions . It dosnt say what they pay , the 120k-200k is just what ive heard through rumor .

The pay would have to be at least 120k/yr for me to consider it , and i dont have any security experience.....but i dont think id like being in that position anyway .....but if the price is right maybe .

thx for the info .

Quote Originally Posted by FinaGuy
    who would want to work there???
    you couldnt pay me to rebuild a contry who haits our guts...

why destroy somthing and try to rebuild it... they should just destroy it

JMO

I could care less about the politics really , its all about the $$ .

tempbrit is offline Member
    If you are a US citizen, then your earnings will be taxed no matter where you earn the money (in the US or outside the USA). You are entitled to a $70K exemption per year after your remain outside the US for 331 consecutive days or one full year. If your earnings exceed the $70K (which is subject to a number of adjustments) then you may be able to offset your US tax liability with the taxes you pay to a foreign government. However, this is in nearly every case not a dollar for dollar credit situation. In almost all cases, US taxpayers end up paying a bit to the IRS.

If you are a US citizen and wish to remain one in good standing with the IRS, your worldwide earnings are subject to taxation in the US.

3Vandoo is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Only jobs that will be 100% taxes free that are overseas are the one offered by the foreign services from the State dept, and these jobs are "Security consultants" and in theory you dont exist, so there no taxing on people that doesnt exist.

FinaGuy is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by O.fO.shO
    I could care less about the politics really , its all about the $$ .

i hear ya... but 80k aint worth my time to go to that shyt hole...

MBaraso is offline Retired Mod
    80k isn't worth your life!

Dally is offline The Dally Lama
    Quote Originally Posted by 3Vandoo
    Only jobs that will be 100% taxes free that are overseas are the one offered by the foreign services from the State dept, and these jobs are "Security consultants" and in theory you dont exist, so there no taxing on people that doesnt exist.

ahhahah

your avatar sorta looks like my pops man...

and he says that ALL THE TIME too..

FECK AFFF SON!

insanepump621 is offline Member
    I talk to my freind just about 5 minutes online who is cali right now and i asked him why he is still going over there he said because they cannot police themselves and it is our job to do so

Quote Originally Posted by tempbrit
    If you are a US citizen, then your earnings will be taxed no matter where you earn the money (in the US or outside the USA). You are entitled to a $70K exemption per year after your remain outside the US for 331 consecutive days or one full year. If your earnings exceed the $70K (which is subject to a number of adjustments) then you may be able to offset your US tax liability with the taxes you pay to a foreign government. However, this is in nearly every case not a dollar for dollar credit situation. In almost all cases, US taxpayers end up paying a bit to the IRS.

If you are a US citizen and wish to remain one in good standing with the IRS, your worldwide earnings are subject to taxation in the US.

One year is a long time , so i could get taxed by iraq also?

Quote Originally Posted by MBaraso
    80k isn't worth your life!

Nope , it would have to pay well over 100K for me to consider it .

Thread Information