anaBROLIC is offline Only The Strong Survive

emt practical test

took mine this morning, alot of stress released. i think i did very well and will know during the week the results. as soon as that comes in i get to stress out even more for the written exam in a couple weeks. thats the hard one

Billy_Bathgate is offline AR Vet / Retired
    you dont know the results yet??

when i took mine, you knew like 10 minutes after for each station. we are allowed to retake 3 out of the 7 for 1 more try each..then thats it. i passed everyone. the most common reason for not passing, was for on the KED, traction splint, supine immobilization...everyone kept forgetting to check PMS after strapping

i got a 93 on the written. i didnt study for it much, but really everything we learned in class i took to heart and took very seriously. that said, there were things on the test that we didnt touch in class. mostly, things that just arent used around here by the county prototcol, so it wasnt touched on much.

took about 2 hours to take the test i think from start to finish.

good luck man

wascaptain5214 is offline Senior Member
    you will like work in the EMS field. i sub-contract myself out as a medic. for the last week or so, ive been doing a state fair. free concerts everynight, thursday nite was tracy lawrence, all the drunk cowgirls you could treat. last nite was, aaron carter, all the fainting 16 yos, you could handle. tonight is 5 different alternative rock bands, (my favorite kind of drugged out, unconscience, GHBed women) to treat. and to billy bathgate..................I ALWAYS CHECK FOR CROWNING......good luck bro charlie r

Unoid is offline Member
    you're sick captain :P

I take my practical in 3 weeks. not looking forward to memorizing the test sheets

Quote Originally Posted by captain5214
    you will like work in the EMS field. i sub-contract myself out as a medic. for the last week or so, ive been doing a state fair. free concerts everynight, thursday nite was tracy lawrence, all the drunk cowgirls you could treat. last nite was, aaron carter, all the fainting 16 yos, you could handle. tonight is 5 different alternative rock bands, (my favorite kind of drugged out, unconscience, GHBed women) to treat. and to billy bathgate..................I ALWAYS CHECK FOR CROWNING......good luck bro charlie r
    lol .. gross..
    and billy ya they dont give us the results there. there was 6 stations to complete and they will mail the results in like 3 days so im thinking wed or thurs.

Billy_Bathgate is offline AR Vet / Retired
    wow thats nuts

hey remeber..the only time you can place your fingers in a womans vagina is for a prolapsed cord haha

man..its a blast

had another save the other day on a code

im 2-2 now in codes!

that ill tell you is a hell of a rush

i also saw aganol respirations for the first time...scared the shit out of me cause i was getting ready to shock him...got to put in a combi though..that was pretty cool

wascaptain5214 is offline Senior Member
    as for as my saves on the ems side........very,very low percentage. it used to affect my psyce. now, i just do my best. my advice to a rookie just starting out in ems is.......... leave it at the scene and dont bring it home. later bros charlie r

OK UPDATE... i got my results back today in the mail.. and i freakin failed one station which really doesnt mean much since all it takes is for me to go to my class instructor for him to go over with me and sign off. i already talked to him. hes just gonna sign the paper. if i failed more then 1 station i woulda had to go all the way back up to the testing site and redo them. the thing that pisses me off is the station i failed was the easiest of all. it was random-long bone splinting.

i failed because the person i had to splint was a cow and her legs were so damn big i didnt want to really get under her thighs to strap her up. figures..the old hag instructor was looking at me funny the whole time anyways... so i say to her..

Thread Information