needmorestrength is offline Anabolic Member

Exclamation Sometimes we all need a reminder!

Today I walked into the gym, did my warm up then headed into the weight room. I immediatly spotted this boy in a wheel chair, maybe 14 years old. I am not sure what his condition is, but he was doing some preacher curls in his wheel chair. It almost broke my heart! I hate seeing people like this but especially children!! I ended up helping him with a couple excercises and putting the weight away etc. Nice guy, can joke around and all.. But it made me feel guilty since I have been milking these elbow injuries while this boy is stuck in a wheel chair. Today I became even more grateful for everything I can do! I hope this boy maintains his positive mental attitude, because hopefully it will help him physically/mentally, but I know it helped me!

spound is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by needmorestrength
    Today I walked into the gym, did my warm up then headed into the weight room. I immediatly spotted this boy in a wheel chair, maybe 14 years old. I am not sure what his condition is, but he was doing some preacher curls in his wheel chair. It almost broke my heart! I hate seeing people like this but especially children!! I ended up helping him with a couple excercises and putting the weight away etc. Nice guy, can joke around and all.. But it made me feel guilty since I have been milking these elbow injuries while this boy is stuck in a wheel chair. Today I became even more grateful for everything I can do! I hope this boy maintains his positive mental attitude, because hopefully it will help him physically/mentally, but I know it helped me!

Thats awesome...there is this guy that goes to my gym who has no arms or legs...jsut nubs and he does bench flies by using these straps the hold the wieght..its pretty cool.

stevebeginer is offline New Member
    thats nice m8 very ture makes you feel lucky

MatrixGuy is offline Good things come to those who wait
    I hope you never complain about them elbows now
    Nice to see you were helping him out, although sometimes they never want it.

Prime is offline Naturally perfect
    Quote Originally Posted by spound
    Thats awesome...there is this guy that goes to my gym who has no arms or legs...jsut nubs and he does bench flies by using these straps the hold the wieght..its pretty cool.
    i think i saw an article about him in a mag once. If ist the same guy i believe he wrestles as well.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    It's always good to stay grounded, unfortunately sometimes it takes extreme cases like this to remember that. (I'm guilty as charged at times in this same scenario)

Good post.

~SC~

anaBROLIC is offline Only The Strong Survive
    nice story bro.

Quote Originally Posted by MatrixGuy
    I hope you never complain about them elbows now
    Nice to see you were helping him out, although sometimes they never want it.
    Thats tru, I approached with caution! My elbows hurt

Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    It's always good to stay grounded, unfortunately sometimes it takes extreme cases like this to remember that. (I'm guilty as charged at times in this same scenario)

Good post.

~SC~
    I hear ya. Since my dad was diagnosed with Prostate cancer, I am all about helping out cancer foundations, doing any special events etc, and when someone says "my father, or mother or child has cancer" I can truly relate!

Benches505 is offline 75% HGH 25% Testosterone
    That boy has a lot of heart for just being there.

spound is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Prime
    i think i saw an article about him in a mag once. If ist the same guy i believe he wrestles as well.

YEa..same guy...he goes to UGA. He even won an espy award...one of my friends had to wrestle him in highschool....he hated having to do that, but respected it at the same time.

candyman md is offline Junior Member
    Nice post NMS! It's amazing that it only takes as little as one second to come back to the ground and realize what is important.

robkesl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by candyman md
    Nice post NMS! It's amazing that it only takes as little as one second to come back to the ground and realize what is important.
    totally!

Money Boss Hustla is offline Retired Moderator
    Humbling.

sassy69 is offline ~Female Vet~
    The NPC Wheelchair Nationals will leave you speechless. And we complain about doing cardio and fight our way thru hours of it to get lean. These competitors with things like spinal cord injuries and cerebral palsy... amazing!
    hard work = hard bod

Luminaire is offline Associate Member
    hey great post, theres this guy that goes to my gym who has partial mental retardation and only has use of the right side of his body because the left side is somewhat underdeveloped - hes the nicest guy in the world, black belt in karate who wants to open his own dojo, and the right side of his body is JACKED, hes a beast in the gym and i always help him with putting his weight away + spotting, i tore a muscle in my arm last friday and ive just realized i should be thanking god thats all that happened...

1morerep is offline Associate Member
    good post. we work all day in a hurry (road rage, cell phones always on, etc) and we think we have problems. try going to a hospital and see kids who are now paralyzed or burned victims. these are people with true misfortune, we should just stop for one minute of everyday and be thankful for what we have.

Quote Originally Posted by sassy69
    The NPC Wheelchair Nationals will leave you speechless. And we complain about doing cardio and fight our way thru hours of it to get lean. These competitors with things like spinal cord injuries and cerebral palsy... amazing!
    Truly amazing. They are in awsome shape! I was thinking that most of these people must be driven by frustration. If they can turn that frustration into dedication and passion then they succeed!

PaRiS2005 is offline Female Member
    Great post NMS. SOmetimes we all just take the simplest things for granted. Sometimes we need little reminders to bring us back down to earth.

subsailor is offline Junior Member
    Great Story, Bro

Dally is offline The Dally Lama
    interestingly enough some of the same people that made fun of Mr.Pepper the physically/visually handicapped person commented in this thread positively too.

odd to me, how people bandwagon....

I myself am guilty of that, but have enough grounding these days (in some cases) to be thankful for what I do have, that I could very easily take for granted.

Jantzen4k is offline Anabolic Nittany Lion
    great post NMS

63190 is offline Anabolic Member
    Great post, NMS. I'm grateful now.

HeavyHitter is offline Anabolic Member
    pretty cool NMS!!

Yea it was an eye opener heavy

Slick Arrado is offline Member
    It must have been humbling, huh? You're right: We ALL need a reminder!

Quote Originally Posted by Slick Arrado
    It must have been humbling, huh? You're right: We ALL need a reminder!

Yea it was, hope hes there tomorrow!

Slick Arrado is offline Member
    Yea it was, hope hes there tomorrow!

Was he?

Quote Originally Posted by Slick Arrado
    Was he?

As ironic as this is, I hurt my back so havnt been to the gym in 3 dayz

Thread Information