Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pet injection

LionsGate is offline Associate Member
    that dunt makes no sense, rob. if you gona make a point dont just pull crazy numbers out of the air. did you even read what everyone wrote?

Dally is offline The Dally Lama
    sorta funny now that the facts come out mr.IgotbitbyadogwhenIwaslittle is nowhere to be found.

I agree with, bad dogs should be put down... but, DONT put all dogs in a category because your SCARED of em.

ban the deed not the breed.

let me ask you something man, you EVER seen or met a pit in person? ever spend time with one? EVER.... I don't think so, IN FACT I KNOW SO.

so, until you come outta your little shell and read some of the facts posted above, then you should post about this, cause when you post propangda type garbage, it makes you look really, really uneducated.

I own a pit, she is the most loving dog I HAVE EVER HAD...I've had many different types of dogs and have spent alot of time with many breeds.

3 of my friends have pitbulls also, their dogs prompted me to get mine, not because they're terrible, because they're amazing creatures, great companions....sadly ones you will never know, cause you blame this great breed on the one that bit you....which wasn't even a pit. It was a agressive dog...period.

its really upsetting to some to see bashing about something they love by people who know NOTHING about them.

just like saying your pecker is gonna shrink if you do juice.

fanatic is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by alevok
    well I am a pitbull owner and can say there are bad and good pits out there. Being bad or good depends on the owner and most importantly the pedigree.. Human agressive pits must be put down and should not be allowed to breed. In order to breed massive heads, blocky legs, wider chest some breeders cross pits with mastiff lines, thus can create behavior problems.
    Pits as fighting dogs must not be human agressive. In a pit there are two handlers and a referee. The fighting dogs must focus on each other and must not bite people around them ( it is not like I support dog fighting I am trying to make a point) For generations pits that bit people were put down and only dog agressive pits were bred for fighting purpose. Nowadays there are show and game breed pits. Game breed pits tend to be smaller 40-45lb and extremely friendly with people around them. Show breed pits ( most of the pits you see are show breeds) can be 50-100+ lb. Some breeders go for thickeness not for the breeds characteristics, those pits look good to the eye but lack the breed's unique temperment which is never to be agressive towards human. I am not saying all show breeds type pits are bad pits, my pit is also show breed type but he keeps the breeds carasteristics.
    I believe Law's pit is only dog agressive which is a normal behaviour for this breed.
    PS Pits dont have locking jaws, no dogs have this ability, it is just a rumor........
    A dog's behavior is dictated by his/her owner(s). With that being said, anyone that breeds a dog to fight is an unbeleivable piece of shit and should be be stoned to death. It is horrible to breed a dog for the soul purpose of fighting. There is nothing more inhumane- thats why its illegal in most places.

As for breeding itself, I have mixed feelings. Breeding a show-quality dog is like doing the same with a champion race horse and I totally understand that. The thing is, millions of great dogs are euthanized every year because they cant find homes. If private breeders quit breeding dogs then the market for impounded dogs would dramatically increase causing the death of so many helpless dogs to decrease.

As for pits, and any other dog for that matter, socialization and love in the home is key. If your dog is aggressive with other dogs, make them stop. DO not nurture their behavior by calming them down and making them walk away. Get on to them the same way you would if they "went" in the house. Dogs are "pack animals" and ,as the pet owner, you are essentially the pack leader. Remember, as much as you would like to think that a dog is like your child, they still are not. They see their owners as pack leaders/nurturers- its how their world works.

In a nutshell, socialize and love you dogs. If they are aggressive, dont nurture that behavior. If you breed dogs in mass numbers for monetary gain...

PS: this is not directed to any ONE person from this post, alevok or anyone else.
    Last edited by fanatic; 06-08-2005 at 05:12 PM.

robkesl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TheUglyOne
    that dunt makes no sense, rob. if you gona make a point dont just pull crazy numbers out of the air. did you even read what everyone wrote?
    i dont have to have numbers, and you think their crazy, i heard again tonight another insisited involving a pit bull a month ago. and to look at that little boys face and what that pit bull did. of course i dont have exact numbers.

if you were to ask someone on the street, whats a dangerous dog, or what type of dogs kill people, i bet you 5 bucks, atleast 7 out of 10 will say> pitbulls.

this isnt something new dude, all my life ive heard this crap, every year this crap happens. another stupid pit bull bites someone, or kills some kid!

yeah this post started out as something different, did you read what people have been posting? it went from someone wanting injection info, to basically pitBulls and their behavior.

im not saying kill them but steps need to be taken, i think the owners should face more serious charges if you own one of these dogs and it attacks someone. i also thing that maybe you should have to have a license to buy this breed, so that you know what kind of danger they can have on society. these you might think are stupid. but something needs to be done.
    Last edited by robkesl; 06-08-2005 at 05:24 PM.

fanatic is offline Member
    Pits are, by nature, more aggressive. They are one of the most territorial of the canines as well. Personally, I have nothing against pits. However, the fact that most major dog shows would never allow a pit in the terrier category does say alot about their behavior. It is thug-wanna-be's and short white dudes with "short man syndrome" that tend to give pits bad names. I dont mean that to be racist or anything, but its true. The only two friends that I have that own pits have them because they want to look "tuff". To me, this is cowardly; its usually the same type of guys that would hit a woman. Just stick with Boxers if you want a smart, protective dog that wont wrip the postman's face off if youre not around.
    Last edited by fanatic; 06-09-2005 at 01:53 AM. Reason: spelling

LionsGate is offline Associate Member
    you know what boggles me, is more than two people on this post have breed the animals and know a little something about the breed. they pointed out numerous studies and facts, but somehow that keeps getting over shadowed by personal opinions. lets agree to disagree and next time do your homework before you try to to tell others something is bad because you "just think it is".

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information