Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pet injection

LAW
    LAW is offline Female Member

Pet injection

I need to know how to inject my dog with Ivomecten. She is a pit with a bad case of Scaropic mange. I don't think im doing it right cause she is just getting worse. I put the needle just under the skin, is that right ?
    She is so sick, but she is impossible to take to the vet without calling in advance and having all the other dogs leave the building then muzzling her and trying to hold her.
    Last edited by LAW; 06-07-2005 at 06:05 AM.

Adam.S is offline Associate Member
    ring the vet perhaps?

MBaraso is offline Retired Mod
    All the other dogs would have to leave the building? Sounds like a real nice dog you got there!
    I suggest taking your dog to the vet if your not sure on how to do injections but if the dog's that vicious do the right thing and put it down.
    IMO there's no reason to have a dog like that...

Cmore is offline Associate Member
    My dog had sarcoptic mange not long ago. The vet gave him 1 shot per week for 5 weeks. In the neck, just under the skin. He pulled up a flap of skin and just injected there. Hope this helps. He also gave me two medicines for the dog to take for a couple weeks. I think one was a antibiotic, not sure about the other. It seems to have worked at least, but now I think my other dog has it....

LAW
    I was giving her 1cc under the skin,daily, she is a mess. You have to be careful with the drug cause overdose could kill. I don't see her getting any better, that is why I am asking if the injection under the skin was correct. I didn't think it had to be like a Rabies shot, into the muscle but i wasn't sure. Maybe I will up the dose. Thanks

jeremys is offline Associate Member
    good luck. i hate when dogs get sick or hurt

Why is your dog so vicious? And did u happen to watch the news the other day when a 12yr old got killed by a pitbull in Sanfran??
    Any dog (especially pitbulls) that are that uncontrolable have no place in this world.

Doc.Sust is offline Retired "hall of famer/elite powerlifter"
    i had a vicious donkey, i had to put him down, he was a real ass

Quote Originally Posted by Doc.Sust
    i had a vicious donkey, i had to put him down, he was a real ass
    Ha ha very funny Docsust lol

No but seriously I just don't understand why people keep vicious animals.
    I was attacked by a vicious dog when I was a kid and the owner refused to put the dog down cuz back then they didn't have that 2 strike rule for dogs.
    Needless to say he was put down by a real tasty steak especially prepared for him in my kitchen bye bye

i also had a vicious otter, now that little aquatic son of b1tch would terrorize swimming pools and laundry mats!!!

i also had a vicious otter, now that little aquatic son of b1tch would terrorize swimming pools and laundry mats!!!
    You have a vicious otter living with you
    Take a good look at him when u get home and tell me he doesn't look like a wet rat!

Quote Originally Posted by MBaraso
    You have a vicious otter living with you
    Take a good look at him when u get home and tell me he doesn't look like a wet rat!
    haaaaaa, you should have seen what that little jerk looked like today, i made him paint my house because of how much he owes me. it is about 110 degrees with no AC. he was drenched and looked like a wet otter!!hahahaha good calll

haaaaaa, you should have seen what that little jerk looked like today, i made him paint my house because of how much he owes me. it is about 110 degrees with no AC. he was drenched and looked like a wet otter!!hahahaha good calll
    Oh well. Maybe we should continue this conversation else where.
    That is funny though him painting Joey--> Us

rock03ball is offline New Member

pitbulls

Mbaraso,
    Ok got to respond to this,
    Why dont you.... keep your ideas to shit you know something about...
    I raise pitbulls and they are all in how you raise them. Besides 99% of what they say are pitbull bits are from pit crosses. Crossing a pit bring out the bad for somereason. Most true pitbulls are loving dogs as long as they are raised the correct way. To say pitbulls have no place in the world is like saying you are a sorry ass drug head that need to be hung!!!!!!!!!!!!!!So if you think they have no place then i guess you get them point in how I fell about you!!!

As you have said before do some research before you start running off at the mouth!!!

Now to the question,
    You do not have to inject this into dogs, you can just put it on some food and give it to him or you can squart it into his mouth.

Pitbulls

OH and get some paramite (SP) dip, dip her in this and it will knock it out.

i think he was saying there is no room for any vicious dogs, not just pit bulls, but you know what this thread is a mess, partially my fault and i appologize, this is the steroid forum not the lounge, so i think are opinions good or bad on pitbulls shouldn't be here.

Agree

I do agree about both of what you said and with what he said to some extent. Vicious dogs have no place in the world I do agree with that. But the other added is what got under my skin. I hear it all the time it just gets to me how people have no clue about the dogs but what they hear on TV. I can take my dog the ball park and people run for the hills, or someone comes to the house and they are scared to death for about 5 mins. Then they are on the floor rolling about with them, Kids included. I just got alittle ticked when I read what he said.

Quote Originally Posted by rock03ball
    I do agree about both of what you said and with what he said to some extent. Vicious dogs have no place in the world I do agree with that. But the other added is what got under my skin. I hear it all the time it just gets to me how people have no clue about the dogs but what they hear on TV. I can take my dog the ball park and people run for the hills, or someone comes to the house and they are scared to death for about 5 mins. Then they are on the floor rolling about with them, Kids included. I just got alittle ticked when I read what he said.
    i found a pit bull when i was in college , dog lived with me for a few weeks until i found him a home, i couldn't keep him because i was renting. dog was great, nice dog, lovable, passive . i don't think any breed of dog is bad, i just think there are bad dogs of EVERY breed. pit bulls do get a bad rap, but it is because of bad owners and overbreding of puppies(this creates some ill tempered dogs, i have scars all over my rt arm to prove what happens when dogs are overbread)

Pitbull

Very good point, very good post. You said it all right there.

I have nothing against pittbulls in general but if you took the time to notice what she said in her first thread you would have seen that she said "impossible to take to the vet without calling in advance and having all the other dogs leave the building then muzzling her and trying to hold her."
    Does that sound like a dog you'd want around your kids or around people?

Also you say that most problem pits come from cross breading? That maybe be true but it's not the case all the time. I firmly believe that pitbulls are born with an abnormal level of aggesiveness, and I'm not going on just what I hear on the news either. I've seen it many many times in person..
    So answer me this...Whens the last time you've heard of a shepard or a husky killing someone? Probably once or twice in the past 10yrs. Can you say the same about pitbulls? So basicly all the pit owners out there that defend these lethal dogs are trying to say that it's the way it's raised? Well i'm sure people raise other dogs to be vicious but how come you never hear of any other kind of dog killing someone? It's because pit's are born with a killer instinct that no other dog has, coupled with cruel owners training them to kill.

Just the other day a 12yr old was killed by his OWN pittbull in sanfran, and now there going to pass a law banning these animals.
    Where have you ever heard of a law being passed in the US banning another type of dog besides a wolf which is considered a wild animal. NEVER.
    Shouldn't that tell you that these animals are born dangerous?
    I think so....

robkesl is offline Senior Member
    what about like a month ago, when that guy was strangled by his two pit bulls, i dont remember the details, but man thats horrible, i dont understand why people always back them up and say their great pets. obviously they are genetically predisposed to being mean. when will people learn, And im a huge animal guy, i love all animals, but when a certain species has so many examples of bad crap, i just dont get, why people would still want them!

Quote Originally Posted by robkesl
    what about like a month ago, when that guy was strangled by his two pit bulls, i dont remember the details, but man thats horrible, i dont understand why people always back them up and say their great pets. obviously they are genetically predisposed to being mean. when will people learn, And im a huge animal guy, i love all animals, but when a certain species has so many examples of bad crap, i just dont get, why people would still want them!
    Amen. I'm a huge animal lover myself but it's been proven time and time again that pit's are geneticlly predisposed as you said.
    And I just love when ppl say "You can train a poodle to become a killer" Yeah you can train a poodle to be vicious but poodles don't come w/ the same weight, and locking jaws that a pit comes with.

j.r.w. is offline Associate Member
    Pits are great animals if respected and raised correctly. Its when punk a$$ gangster wanna be's (or anyone else) do stupid stuff to them that makes them mean. And actually german sheperds are not all that great for kids, neither are dalmations. People definately need to do homework before yapping. And this is a steroid forum, not a pit bull forum....Im sorry for participating in this manner myself, but I had to make a point.

LAW
    First I use to show and breed dogs for years, Chinese Shar Pei. One puppy was 9 weeks old and I had to put him to sleep because he constantly would rip his littermates to shreads if they evey got close. I knew I couldn't give that dog to a family.
    I had a show Amer Staff Terrier that lived until she was 15 and a true love. I have an American Bull dog now 8 yrs who is a love but my son purchased this dog in PA at a breeders house. I didn't go with him or I would be able to determine the quality but now it is in our house at 2 yrs old I even spent 1600 to have her trained and even an electric collar can't stop her inner desire to eat another dog. Im truly embarassed about this. She is extremely intellegent, strong willed and a tough cookie. She doesn't cross me but i understand what you all say. However it is my sons dog and he really wouldn't forgive me if I put it down. I know she probably should have been down a long time ago but it's a difficult situation with my son involved. I try to be very careful she is never alone outside and certainly never without her electric collar.
    I wish it were different but I have raised these dogs successfully and she had nothing but love, it is bad breeding that has her personality out of wack.
    I hope she gets better health wise, im sure the personality won't. Thanks for the advise, Im not stupid with regard to breeding and dogs.

cwhid is offline Junior Member
    you can just spray that ish in the dogs mouth no need to inject.

Quote Originally Posted by LAW
    First I use to show and breed dogs for years, Chinese Shar Pei. One puppy was 9 weeks old and I had to put him to sleep because he constantly would rip his littermates to shreads if they evey got close. I knew I couldn't give that dog to a family.
    I had a show Amer Staff Terrier that lived until she was 15 and a true love. I have an American Bull dog now 8 yrs who is a love but my son purchased this dog in PA at a breeders house. I didn't go with him or I would be able to determine the quality but now it is in our house at 2 yrs old I even spent 1600 to have her trained and even an electric collar can't stop her inner desire to eat another dog. Im truly embarassed about this. She is extremely intellegent, strong willed and a tough cookie. She doesn't cross me but i understand what you all say. However it is my sons dog and he really wouldn't forgive me if I put it down. I know she probably should have been down a long time ago but it's a difficult situation with my son involved. I try to be very careful she is never alone outside and certainly never without her electric collar.
    I wish it were different but I have raised these dogs successfully and she had nothing but love, it is bad breeding that has her personality out of wack.
    I hope she gets better health wise, im sure the personality won't. Thanks for the advise, Im not stupid with regard to breeding and dogs.
    First off no one's calling you stupid, and we're not trying to insult you in anway but clearly this dog is a problem..
    You say your son will never forgive you if you put the dog down? Let me ask you this...Will you be able to forgive yourself if that dog rips your son to shreads?
    Why don't u call the mother of that 12yr old kid that got killed yesterday and ask her how she feels knowing she could have prevented that happening?
    Christ almighty this shouldn't even be an arguement being your the owner and admitting this dog is very dangerous!
    The dogs sick to begin with...Do it and everyone else a favor and put it to sleep before it kills somebody.

dive_kid is offline Anabolic Member
    glad I have a border collie........no wait, she might lick me to death.
    just kidding.
    I understand where everyone is comming from. pits are prone to bad attitude but I know I would have a hard time putting down one of the family.

I moved this thread to the lounge..

xpijeonx is offline Associate Member
    http://www.pitbullproblem.tk/

Copy and paste if the link doesnt work. (first attempt at posting a link)

I have been bit numerous times while growing up, by different dogs too. Three times while actually petting the dogs (I may have been young and done something wrong but if so I was totally unaware of it and was raised to be nice to animals so I wasnt the typical little kid who liked to maul dogs and pull tails/ears) for years I was deathly affraid of dogs til I warmed up to a friends pitbul I am alot less timid around them now.

I have been bitten by: a Smoyed*, 2 Labs, Standard poodle and some other random muts, never a pit though or any other breed that has been said to be vicious*. The "vicious" dogs have actually been much nicer to me right away even though they could sense me being timid. The dogs that did the most damage were Labs both occurances I had to get 10+ stitches. The smoyed bit my upper lip resulting in stitches and minor plastic surgery.

I truly believe that it boils down to how they were raised and where they came from. If you think about it and I may be far off here... It takes much less time for people to breed dogs into "killing machines" then say humans. I have thought about this recently after seeing "Razors Edge Pitbulls" they are HUGE I dont know how they have gotten this way. The only thing I can figure is they have bred generations of dogs to be massive. If it is done like this I see no reason you cant make any breed of dog vicious* whether it is a Lab or a Pitbull. It only takes a few years to have a dog become of breeding age in that time you could do what it takes to make them vicious and then do it to the next generation and so on... To my knowledge this is how dogs have been bred to do the jobs they do. I am no expert though.

I started thinking about the "Razors Edge Pitbulls" and was wondering if this could be applied to humans, hehe, and how many generations it would take for them to just look like Arnold with no work, haha.

I think of it like this, kids turn out like their parents treat them, why would a more simple creature differ?

Sorry to get off on other tangents...

sooners04 is offline Senior Member
    The problem is that people mistreat all breeds of dogs. It just happens that 95% of the bitings are coming from pitbulls. There is someting in that breed that makes them attack, even their owners for no reason alot of times. A city I live close too has banned pits from the city limits, its illegal to have a pitbull in the city. They had about 6 cases within a year of kids getting seriously hurt by only pitbulls.

chris2wire is offline Member
    Make sure you lock your dog up, theres nothing worse than having to have your dog put to sleep because it mauled some little brat that provoked it.

I have the same worry too. My dog is VERY protective, it hates people getting near me. Im always afraid someone will attack me in public and the dog will kill the idiot and Ill have to put my baby to sleep.

It sucks. Dogs dont have the right to self defense like humans do.

LionsGate is offline Associate Member
    you ever watch the news and you hear about steroids killed some kid or some bs like that, then everyone comes to the board all pissed off? well its the same with pitbull owners. sure, they are a little more aggressive by instinct, and they like a challenge, and are strong willed. thats why they are so easy to make aggressive. hell i kick, punch, starve and toss pepper in my pits eyes all the time and it still loves me. IM KIDDING! but back to the point, german shepards have the most bitings per year, but pits will cross the line and maime or kill something and make it to the 6:00 news. i adore the breed and i love my dog. good luck with your situation LAW.

alevok Guest
    well I am a pitbull owner and can say there are bad and good pits out there. Being bad or good depends on the owner and most importantly the pedigree.. Human agressive pits must be put down and should not be allowed to breed. In order to breed massive heads, blocky legs, wider chest some breeders cross pits with mastiff lines, thus can create behavior problems.
    Pits as fighting dogs must not be human agressive. In a pit there are two handlers and a referee. The fighting dogs must focus on each other and must not bite people around them ( it is not like I support dog fighting I am trying to make a point) For generations pits that bit people were put down and only dog agressive pits were bred for fighting purpose. Nowadays there are show and game breed pits. Game breed pits tend to be smaller 40-45lb and extremely friendly with people around them. Show breed pits ( most of the pits you see are show breeds) can be 50-100+ lb. Some breeders go for thickeness not for the breeds characteristics, those pits look good to the eye but lack the breed's unique temperment which is never to be agressive towards human. I am not saying all show breeds type pits are bad pits, my pit is also show breed type but he keeps the breeds carasteristics.
    I believe Law's pit is only dog agressive which is a normal behaviour for this breed.
    PS Pits dont have locking jaws, no dogs have this ability, it is just a rumor........

BOUNCER is offline Retired Vet
    Quote Originally Posted by rock03ball
    I can take my dog the ball park and people run for the hills, or someone comes to the house and they are scared to death for about 5 mins. Then they are on the floor rolling about with them, Kids included. .

Almost everytime we seen a story about a kid mauled by a vicious dog we hear how untill that moment the dog was all what you said!.

If someone had a dog so aggressive that it couldn't be taken to the Vets without all those precautions I don't think that dog has a place in this world.

BOUNCER is offline Retired Vet
    Quote Originally Posted by chris2wire
    It sucks. Dogs dont have the right to self defense like humans do.

lol god i was staring at that smiley thing for like a minute, i thought the blue one was gona explode with anger or something. but in my defense if that little blue smiley did go crazy on the dude with the stick it would fit the topic. ahh its late im sorry.

alevok Guest

Pitbull Mythes

Quote""
    Well, LOTS of people no thanks in part to some very damaging myths, the deeds of unscrupulous breeders/owners and the hyped up media coverage that has been plaguing this breed for years. So many untruths and half-truths have been repeated so many times that the general public has begun to believe fairy tales instead of fact.

Aren't Pit Bulls MEAN and VICIOUS?
    No more vicious than golden retrievers, beagles or other popular dogs! In a recent study of 122 dog breeds by the American Temperament Testing Society (ATT), pitbulls achieved a passing rate of 83.9%. That's as good or better than beagles ... 78.2%, and golden retrievers ... 83.2%. How did your favorite breed do? See for yourself: ATTS.org

In the ATT test, a dog is put through a series of confrontational situations. Any sign of panic or aggression leads to failure of the test. The achievement of pit bulls in this study disproves once and for all the old tired belief that pit bulls are inherently aggressive to people.

Like any breed of dog, a healthy pit bull that is properly raised will remain loving and friendly. In the past 20 years, we've seen some sad examples of poorly bred and badly treated dogs that are the byproducts of irresponsible 'backyard breeders' and cruel and abusive homes. These improperly raised, unsocialized creatures can show temperaments far removed from the traditional authentic pit bull. Don't confuse these unfortunate misbreds with the huge majority of well-loved dogs in this country that remain solid in temperament, affectionate, trustworthy and friendly to their dying day.

Don't Pit Bulls have LOCKING JAWS?
    No. A pit bull's ability to "lock on" with it's jaws is one WHOPPER of a myth that refuses to let go! The jaws of a pit bull are built just as any other dog's jaw. There's no 'enzyme', no special mechanism that would make a pitbull's jaws 'lock'. They're DOGS, not alligators! What a pit bull does have is strength, tenacity, and determination. When he grasps something he wants to hang onto, his willpower is the glue.

Don't pit bulls have to be TRAINED TO FIGHT?
    NO! Just as we have breeds like the Jack Russell Terrier which was selectively bred to do battle with badgers, foxes and other animals, the bull breeds have been selectively bred to fight other dogs. Pit bulls can run the gamut from very dog aggressive to exceptionally dog friendly, but each shares some degree of the inbred potential to fight other dogs encoded into their genetic makeup. Under the right (or WRONG!) circumstances, if a pit bull is poorly managed, he can get into a scuffle with another dog and fight like a pro ... even if he's never done it before.

A well socialized, well managed pit bull should never have to get into a dogfight, because he's accustomed to the presence of other dogs and - IMPORTANT! - he has a smart and responsible owner. Pit bull owners should always stay alert and careful to avoid any triggers or situations that could invite the unhappy possibility of a scuffle.

Will a pit bull that shows aggression towards other animals go after PEOPLE NEXT?
    No. Aggression towards other animals and human aggression are two totally different things. We've heard this frightened quote, "He went after a dog (or cat) and our kids might be next!". This is one big MONSTER of a myth that has generated a host of damaging anti-pit bull hysteria. It is perfectly 'normal' for a pit bull to be wonderfully affectionate and friendly with people, while at the same time not 100% trustworthy around other dogs. Like any breed of dog that we see in family homes today, a properly raised, well socialized, responsibly owned pit bull should never be human aggressive. Pit bulls that do show aggressive behavior towards humans are not typical of the breed and should be humanely euthanized.

Are pit bulls unpredictable around CHILDREN?
    Pit bulls have enjoyed a long history as favorite children's companions and family pets. When well socialized and properly raised, they're the perfect breed to tolerate the rough and tumble play that kids can dish out. Pitbulls tend to be drawn to the joyful optimism of children and love to meet them with tails awaggin'! Some APBTs may not be suitable with young children because they could knock them down in their exhuberance. Common sense dictates that children should be taught how to properly interact with dogs (of EVERY breed) and should never be left alone with a dog unsupervised.

Don't all pit bulls want to chase CATS?
    Self-respecting dogs of every breed will go after cats, and pit bulls are no exception. However, there are endless examples of pit bulls that exhibit a lower prey drive and co-exist quite peacefully with cats, birds and other pets. Within BAD RAP there are members whose dogs are great with their family kitties, birds, rabbits, and ferrets... And there are also some dogs who can never be trusted with smaller animals.

IMPORTANT: Understanding your individual dog's realistic limits with small animals, training him to respect your expectations (i.e. Squirt Bottle!), supervising all interactions and separating the pets before you step out will make the difference between success and tragedy -- And that goes for Poodles as well as Pit Bulls!" quote

good article

BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member
    Well I have pit bulls and I used to breed them. Yes they have a bad rap, but it is because when they attack they don't just bite but maul. Look at the topp 100 breeds known to attack and pits are in the bottom 50%. Poodles are number one and labs or golden retrievers are in the top 20. I have had over 100's of pits living with me... no not all at once. I would keep one or two as pets and keep the rest until I found homes. Anyways I have had only maybe a dozen that showed any signs of aggression. None of the dogs that I have placed out have ever bitten anyone. I do own one now that is dog aggressive only to other male dogs, but it sweet natured around my kids and my two female dogs. Will I put him down??? No. And yes they are passing a bill right now to ban pit bulls, mastiffs, rotts, english bulldogs, among other breeds in the US.

robkesl is offline Senior Member
    with the last 10 people killed by dogs, what type of breed do you think will come up atleast 7 times! the pitbull!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information