broncojosh is offline Senior Member

friends after being lovers...???

Are any of you guys friends with past lovers? And I don't mean past sexual experiences, I mean people that you truely loved? Just wondering if it's possible...

arthurb999 is offline Anabolic Member
    Nope... I think there would alwalys be a hint of jealousy.

Canes4Ever is offline Banned
    Yes, friends but not close. He is with someone else, who I don't resent at all. I know now that its best that we are apart and remain that way.

I have recently found someone else in my life and he is the best I could have found, and now I am glad I was free to pursue a relationship with him.

I guess I just need to let her go. She has someone now, but still calls me. Talks alot about him, and I'm supportive, although it's hard as hell, but I think it's only fair to shannon (new interest) that I kinda cut ties for a while...ahhhh Always figured we would be close forever

sp9
    sp9 is offline MMA Competition Sentinel
    Time heals all. I still have a few old girlfriends that I talk to or email every once in a while just to see how they are doing. I see them out only a couple of times a year. But for instance I dated one of them three years ago (her mom used to call me son-in-law) and another 7 years ago (really loved this girl). I tell you this, when I do see them out that old attraction is still right there. It's just easy seeing them with someone else since it has been so long now, before it was really hard. I am glad that I have kept in touch and know how they are doing.

CutieFace Guest
    IT is possible but both parties must be very mature, and you do need time for closure of the romantic/love part of the relationship for the friendship to endure....it's not easy...and a new partner may not approve....may think something is still going on and you can't let go....

Good luck

*smile*

Cutie

Babyweight is offline Female Member
    Yes it's possible, but it does take time. I'm friends (when I see them) with all of them except for the most recent x. He's a self absorbed cheap ass.

oh shit....laughing my ass off

Originally posted by 9natural9
    don't call me that
    Sweetie you know I would NEVER call you that.

DC24 is offline Junior Member
    lol, funny this was asked. Check this out. I dated a girl for 3 years, think I even loved the girl, but I never slepted with her, was holding out until marriage thing but we fooled around. Anyway not really sure what came between us. Found new girl and wouldn't ya know that these two where best friends. My ex lets call her D and my now wife talk sometimes, and I talk to her almost everyday. Still have feelings for her, but not the same as it was before. What will really freak ya out is that, the first guy I ever punched in my entire life is married to her, and I talk to him everyday also. I think you just gotta know yourself and your emotions. We are all real friends and let what was in the past stay in the past, Although D does still tend to flirt, I think she is just curious about what she never had, lol. Have to put her in her place sometimes, but to answer you question, IMO yeah it can be done. Try having your ex and wife in the same house at the same time. It's kinda weird

Originally posted by 9natural9
    Yep, I know, I cool, I cool.....

Maxster is offline New Member
    It sure is possible, matter fact i just got off the phone with my past X from 4 yrs ago, and she lives in another state and we both have moved on with are lives but when you been with someone for several yrs or more there is still the i guess how you doing ? or just called to say Hi action ... She calls me atleast once amonth and before i moved away we meet for occassional drink or lunch " just friends "...... Were all adults here and I myself prefer as many girl friends "sexual or non sexual" as possible.

Billy Boy is offline Retired Moderator
    Nope I,ve never been friends it has just never worked out that way even though we have tried

Pheedno is offline Respected Member
    It's a little strange at first especially with someone you been with for a substantial amount of time-almost disorienting. As long as you can maintain good communication as friends than the tension can shed. In some cases they can become your best friend.

Trianon is offline Associate Member
    never worked for me, even if I tried. Maybe because girls were pissed off that I chose not to stick around.

BigD is offline Associate Member
    It takes a lot of time to heal first, then both parties have to be completley over each other. If not then it will never work.

MinnieMe is offline Female Member

Lightbulb

I firmly believe that if ya put your mind and back into it..........Anything Is Possible.........jmo.. ...lol............

M*M

putting my back into it is what made things hard....

Butch is offline Anabolic Member
    Bro I think once time passes then you will be able to be friends. However, I found that right after the relationship it was too hard. Their is that sort of jealousy thing when you find out she is with anohter dude. Time will tell if you can be friends. But don't let Shannon get a way while you are waiting.. She maybe the answer to some of your problems.

Jenna is offline Female Member
    Originally posted by broncojosh
    putting my back into it is what made things hard....

I am friends with men I've been in relationships with. It's possible....

<<<< JENNA >>>>

Okay, here's an update: Shannon and I are great, but I'm leaving for good in 3 weeks, so I dunno. The ex has made it a habit of calling the past month...about once a week. Things are going really well for her...she has a boyfriend that she seems to be getting serious with and all, but she seems to be trying to make me jealous. I don't know...shit's starting to make me crazy again

Thread Information