Brutal fight by the sounds of it.

abstrack is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    fill me in?
    abstrack@protonmail.com

RA
    RA is offline Grade A Beef
    Like I said, he pissed his talent away.

robkesl is offline Senior Member
    are you serious! hes f*cked, he needed to win, badly! looks like he'll be working at mcdonalds to pay off his debt!

Money Boss Hustla is offline Retired Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by abstrack
    fill me in?

WASHINGTON (AP) - Mike Tyson's career apparently ended in a shocker Saturday night when he quit on the stool after taking a beating in a foul-filled sixth round against unheralded Kevin McBride.

Tyson lost for the third time in his last four fights, and once again he faded badly as the rounds went on before head butting McBride in a desperate attempt to end the fight in the sixth round.

Tyson was pushed to the canvas when the round ended, his head stuck between the first and second ropes. He got up very slowly, wobbled back to his corner and sat on his stool.

When referee Joe Cortez came by to look at him, his corner told Cortez the fighter could not continue. Cortez then went over and raised McBride's hand in victory.

The 38-year-old Tyson was a huge favourite over McBride and won the early rounds. But as the fight went on, it was McBride landing the bigger punches as Tyson desperately tried to score a knockout.

Tyson was weary by the fifth round and, in the sixth round, he was penalized two points for deliberately head butting McBride and opening a cut over his left eye. The head butt came after Tyson appeared to try to break McBride's arm in a clinch like he once did against Francois Botha and after he hit him with several low blows.

In a career filled with tremendous highs and terrible lows, Tyson may have reached a new low in the loss to McBride, who came into the fight with no credentials.

"I don't have the stomach for this anymore," Tyson said. "I most likely won't fight anymore. I'm not going to disrespect the sport by losing to this calibre of fighters."

Tyson was a shell of the fighter he once was, throwing wild punches and trying to knock out McBride with each shot. But McBride took the punches and came back with some of his own and Tyson gradually began wearing down.

The sixth round was bizarre even by the standards of a fighter once banned from boxing for biting Evander Holyfield's ears.

Tyson was clearly exhausted and opened the round by throwing wild shots. He then appeared to try to break McBride's arm, drawing a protest from the Irish fighter.

"He tried to break my arm and he butted me," McBride said. "That's the rough stuff in boxing."

Tyson wasn't through. He banged his bald head against McBride, prompting Cortez to take two points from him for the foul.

"I could have gone on but I thought I was getting beat," Tyson said. "I don't think I have it anymore."

Tyson was tentative early, showing little of the aggressiveness that once made him a feared fighter. McBride stood right in front of him, but Tyson was content to land only one punch at a time, perhaps remembering how he ran out of gas in his previous fights.

"There's no rush," trainer Jeff Fenech said after the first round.

But it turned out there was a rush as Tyson faded just as he did against Danny Williams last July. That loss was blamed on torn cartilage in Tyson's leg, but it was clear even to the pro-Tyson crowd of 15,472 at the MCI Center on this night that Tyson was a shot fighter.

The six-foot-five McBride towered over Tyson and weighed 271 pounds to 233 for the former champion. But he had been knocked out four times by lesser fighters and wasn't expected to give Tyson much of a fight.

When the fight was stopped, Tyson was ahead 57-55 on two scorecards and behind by the same score on the third. The Associated Press had it 56-56.

"This win was for the pride of Ireland," McBride said. "I proved everyone wrong tonight."

Tyson got some pre-fight guidance from Muhammad Ali, who visited him in the dressing room. But even The Greatest couldn't do anything for the conditioning and reflexes of a fighter who really hasn't beaten a top heavyweight since he defeated Canada's Razor Ruddock 14 years ago.

Tyson badly needed the win after being stopped by Williams, and vowed in the week before the fight that he would regain the heavyweight title. He told McBride he would "gut you like a fish" and claimed he was once again in top condition.

Everyone without an Irish accent was at the arena hoping to see Tyson show them flashes of the fighter he once was when he ruled the heavyweight division. But Tyson was tentative, threw punches one at a time and grew increasingly frustrated as McBride took everything he had.

Tyson was paid $5 million US for the fight, which was on the low end of purses he has made in his career. After his creditors got $2 million, the IRS got its cut and his ex-wife got $750,000, so there wasn't much left for the fighter.

Tyson still owes nearly $40 million and there were plans for him to fight up to seven times to pay off the debt. But those plans didn't include Tyson taking the kind of beating that McBride was beginning to administer to him in the fifth and sixth rounds.

McBride was paid $150,000, the same amount he turned down last year to fight Tyson. McBride has an intimidating nickname in the Clones Colossus, but has been knocked out four times and has never beaten a boxer of any note.

One of those knockout losses came in 1998 in England to a fighter named Michael Murray, who won only one time in his last 17 fights - against McBride.

kloter1 is offline Southern Steel Bodybuilding
    hes done for good now.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Wow, he sucks worse than I thought. I thought he had lost it a bit, but he's REALLY LOST IT ALL.

Giving up is a sign of having no faith either. I think he has serious mental issues, to go from saying "I'll gut you like a fish", to totally giving up after head butting and trying to break an arm, is some serious mentally unstable sh*t.

~SC~

Tags is offline Associate Member
    I wanted Tyson to make a comeback... Doesn't look like It'll be happening...

nsa
    nsa is offline King of Supplements
    It's the medications he has to take before fights now. He's not allowed to fight without taking them. The meds he's forced to take sedate him so he's not crazy like he usually is. The medicine stipulation was part of him getting a license to fight again in the states.

IMO its come down to one question about his future. Is it gonna be K-1, Pride FC or UFC from now on?

Quote Originally Posted by nsa
    Is it gonna be K-1, Pride FC or UFC from now on?
    None, it's gonna be KFC.

"You want a corn w/that?"

~SC~

JDawg1536 is offline "Rock" of Love ;)
    any of you who have boxed know the tremendous condition one must be in to fight. at 38 it is just too much.

Yeah, but he was finished MANY years ago.

It's all in his head, well actually, what should be there is NOT there.

That's the real problem. Ever since he ran out of cheque drops , he's been less than average.

~SC~

nsa
    Who's the girl in your avatar swole?

it looks like light skin-fine ass-Alicia Keys too me.
    abstrack@protonmail.com

harl is offline Associate Member
    I watched the fight...it was your typical tyson fight. He started getting beat up in the fourth round so he started in with the head butts cut the dudes eye almost broke his arm! He also was bitting on his glove the whole fight which we thought was funny. I was like uh oh he getting hungry! The interveiw at the end he basicly said he just did it to pay some bills. He also said he is done with boxing....yah until next year when he blows that 5 mil. that was just givin to him. Leaving the arena he got garbage tossed at him and he flipped off the crowd. funny stuff, im glad we didnt pay to watch it.

heres my view of it...one of the worst boxing matches i ever seen...nothing excting....nothin to make me say "WHOA" boring all the way thru....so disapointed by tyson once again....way back when...i looked up 2 him...he was the man....an amazing specimen of a fighter....but now...i honestly almost shed a tear over his performance...

but i did have some to drinkl b4 during and after the fight so make of my analsyse(sp?)what u will..

lucabratzi is offline Anabolic Member
    yeah he went out like a punk. he said he basically didnt wanna fight, and that he just had to pay bills. granted they all are but that should make u hungrier to win, support ur family by winning and maby get another fight so u have some money to actually live instead of just pay old debts.

BG
    BG is offline The Real Deal - AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    He said he lost the feeling he used to have, he wasnt the same person, could have fooled me he tryed to break his arm then he head butted him, same Mike to me. He was just in shitty shape, ran out of gas. NY

Not Alicia Keys, no, she's a girl from a 50 Cent video.

~SC~

Looks like Alicia with that hat on.
    abstrack@protonmail.com

Yeah, it does look like her now that you had mentioned it!

~SC~

HOLLYWOOD is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JDawg1536
    any of you who have boxed know the tremendous condition one must be in to fight. at 38 it is just too much.

ya im a boxer, well was a couple years back when i was very serious about it, but still train a bit, but yes yu have to be in rediculously good shape! alot of people just dont realize how much harder it is than just hitting soemthing!

Testsubject is offline Anabolic Member
    F*ck tyson, any real big name he fought, he lost. He walked all over no names but that dont mean shit.

HOLLYWOOD is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Testsubject
    F*ck tyson, any real big name he fought, he lost. He walked all over no names but that dont mean shit.
    greeatest knowckout fighter there has ever been IMO

Testsubject is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by HOLLYWOOD
    greeatest knowckout fighter there has ever been IMO
    Yes, but what really big names has he knocked out??? He has always fought these 'no names' and walked on them. As soon as he fight a good contender he loses.

Slick Arrado is offline Member
    He's done for sure now.

alphaman is offline Member
    What about George Foreman? He was fat and over 40.

Quote Originally Posted by Testsubject
    Larry Holmes, Michael Spinks, Razor Ruddock?

Slick Arrado is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by alphaman
    Larry Holmes, Michael Spinks, Razor Ruddock?
    Good one. Donovan was no joke.

Mighty Joe is offline Anabolic Member
    The Promotor is the real "Loser" here! If Mike had won there would be more big money fights coming in for the promotor, but now he's crying in his soup!!!!!! Bummer

What about George Foreman? He was fat and over 40.
    Foreman was a power puncher. Always was. It doesnt take much endurance to stand there and wait for the guy to come into you and then unload a couple punches. Fighting a smaller Michael Moorer, he was able to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    Yeah, it does look like her now that you had mentioned it!

~SC~
    who ever it is, the mocha skinned shorty is FINE
    abstrack@protonmail.com

Foreman was a power puncher. Always was. It doesnt take much endurance to stand there and wait for the guy to come into you and then unload a couple punches. Fighting a smaller Michael Moorer, he was able to do that.
    Tyson's not a power-puncher? C'mon dude!

Tyson's not a power-puncher? C'mon dude!
    Dude, they were 2 completely different fighters with 2 distinct styles of fighting. Tyson was explosive, and just cuz he had power doesnt make him a "power puncher" so to speak. He was fast, explosive, and hit very very hard. Foreman was big, slow, and hit very hard as well. Basically you are saying that Tyson should have been able to last because foreman did? Why dont you go down to your local boxing club and spar with a friend. First you can just stand there and wait for him to come in, then try and hit him. Pretty easy huh? The second time, try to be aggressive and move around a little bit. Guaruntee you will be winded after 1 round.

Just because a style of fighting works for one guy, doenst make it the right way, nor will it work for everyone.

Out of Foreman's five losses, none of them weighed over 227, Moorer weighed 221. Foreman won 3 fights after he beat Moorer.

Dude, they were 2 completely different fighters with 2 distinct styles of fighting. Tyson was explosive, and just cuz he had power doesnt make him a "power puncher" so to speak. He was fast, explosive, and hit very very hard. Foreman was big, slow, and hit very hard as well. Basically you are saying that Tyson should have been able to last because foreman did? Why dont you go down to your local boxing club and spar with a friend. First you can just stand there and wait for him to come in, then try and hit him. Pretty easy huh? The second time, try to be aggressive and move around a little bit. Guaruntee you will be winded after 1 round.

Just because a style of fighting works for one guy, doenst make it the right way, nor will it work for everyone.
    Tyson was taking it slow last night. He has no heart left. That is the problem.

Out of Foreman's five losses, none of them weighed over 227, Moorer weighed 221. Foreman won 3 fights after he beat Moorer.
    Exaclty. Foreman was alway bigger, thus the style he adopted. Tyson was basically never bigger. Which is why he had to fight like he did. Thanks for proving my point.

nsa
    When he was champ Tyson IMO was the most explosive and dangerous heavyweight boxer ever. Even more than Joe Frazier.

coaltrain is offline New Member
    what a punk! Tyson is a lunatic and a tug the man should be put in some kinda maximum security facility for the criminally insane. i hoop the next time i see him on t.v. hes in a coffin.

colossus1 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    Ever since he ran out of cheque drops , he's been less than average.

~SC~

LMAO!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information