jdspinna is offline Associate Member

Jdspinna 0 bench press 1

So I've been following the cutting sticky diet pretty closely for the last week and three days now and have cut from 213-215 to 204. Most of which I think is water weight since after weekend binging I went up to 210 then back down to around 204. Anyhow, I'm doing chest today and warm up with 155 then 225 for a couple reps. Well, I throw on 275 and expect to get about 8 reps and barely got 2. Just so I could get a decent set in I put on 225 and did 3 sets of 10. Just two weeks ago max max bench was 325. WTF? At this rate I'll be benching under 200lbs in no time. SWEET!! Sorry guys, just had to vent.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Could be an off day, or you may really need to revamp your approach.

~SC~

HeavyHitter is offline Anabolic Member
    could of been for a number of reasons... sleep, eating, how rough your weekend was... but fck it!! lose the weight, get your lean muscle going and then worry about strength!! trust me, you'll be alot happyier fit/ripped and not as strong then overweight and really strong.....

Man, I hope it's just an off day. Otherwise I would def need to up my calories or something.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Remember on "lower carbs" you are not going to be fully "glycogenated". (Love my words?) Therefore, your stamina will be down and you won't have the normal "push" that you usually have.

~SC~

Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    Remember on "lower carbs" you are not going to be fully "glycogenated". (Love my words?) Therefore, your stamina will be down and you won't have the normal "push" that you usually have.

~SC~
    Yea, I hate being "de-glycogenated!"

punchrf is offline Anabolic Member
    when i raise my calories to 5000-6000 i am a lot stronger than usual. i usually pick up about 15-25 pounds on my bench just from the eating. i'm on a low carb cutting diet right now and my bench dropped from 275 to around 220. if only i could find a happy medium.

BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member
    Key thing to remeber... when dieting, cutting, whatever... leave your ego at the door when ya walk into the gym.

Thread Information