symatech is offline Retired Moderator

Exclamation Let's discuss divorce and the US court system

First read this article: http://www.askmen.com/fashion/austin...ion_style.html

Then let's discuss it, I'd like to hear from the women too. There is a long time friend of the family going through a wicked divorce now and he's been a fantastic father to his kids. His wife has had problems in the past with various drugs which I won't mention here. Thing is, she was given the kids. I just can't bring myself to understand it. full custody he only gets to see them I think 2 days every other week.

Do you all think that this article is true as a whole or exaggerated?
    Last edited by symatech; 06-16-2005 at 10:43 PM.

Commando_Barbi is offline AR's Arresting Angel Vet
    I hate women that use the system to exact revenge at the end of a relationship. When it's done it's done and the only concern should be taking care of the kids.....
    1. Once a cheat always a cheat!
    2. YES, SHE can get pregnant the first time!
    3. NO, PULLING out IS NOT a RELIABLE method of Birth Control. DAMMMMIT..... Wrap that shyte UP!!

Women over 30 are dignified. They seldom have a screaming match with you at the opera or in the middle of an expensive restaurant. Of course, if you deserve it, they won't hesitate to shoot you, if they think they can get away with it.

For all those men who say, "Why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free". Here's an update for you. Nowadays 80% of women are against marriage, why? Because women realize it's not worth buying an entire Pig, just to get a little sausage.

What the mind can conceive....the body will achieve!

symatech is offline Retired Moderator
    More shockingly still, a woman can simply accuse her husband of sexual or physical abuse (or simply express a fear of it) and instantly win a restraining order forcing him away from his home and children, without so much as a hearing. In fact, most divorce lawyers will advise a woman to do this, and those who do not can be sued for legal malpractice.
    This part really shocked me. What do you think of it CB?

BoL0 is offline Junior Member
    Dayum!!!

The beginning of the article seems exaggerated, the rest is ........Dayum!!!!!.......but its no doubt that the courts lean heavily towards the woman in divorce cases. And the "Woman can do no wrong" image that the media reports doesn't help the situation. When was the last time you ever heard of the man reaping more benifits than the woman, its not that it doesn't happen, its just that the story isn't "worth" covering. Blind Justice is a myth, i guess the scent of a woman is a powerful thing huh?

Bigen12 is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    I honestly believe that this happens on a regular basis.

I was very lucky in my divorce because I was able to get it handled out of court, I was able to keep the house, and we evenly distributed our belongings, but the child support that I have to pay is another thing. My wife wasn’t awarded any Alimony, however due to the unfair child support laws in the state of Georgia, I am paying hidden Alimony.

I currently pay $1400 a month in child support for 3 children. With my Daughter leaving school, and my oldest son moving to Vegas to live with his Aunt, I will be paying $1000 a month in child support for one child. How can this be fair?

Georgia's child support guidelines were originally intended for Title IV-D welfare recipients, not for middle or high income families.

Both parties are to provide financial information to the courts, however child support is calculated against the non-custodial parent's income only.

Visitation time is not considered even if you are paying for child care, food, maintaining a room for the child. Even if you spend 50% of the year with your children...

Overtime, commissions, bonuses are used to calculate child support even though this is a not a 'guaranteed' source of income. Even if you won an award in a photo contest, this can be viewed by a Judge as 'you did it once, you can do it again...'.

If you lose your job due to no control of your own, you cannot ask for a modification of child support, unless it has been two years since your last modification.

Child support was designed to recover welfare payments made to mothers because of the father's absence. Have you ever heard of welfare being $1500/month? When this amount is unaffordable, it sends a father to jail and the mother on welfare....taxpayers lose this battle

Finally the state of Georgia has revamped the child support law, which goes into effect next year. I am truly hoping that it will lower my child support to a more reasonable amount.

I have a friend going through it right now. His wife has called the cops on him for dv when she jumped on him, pulled his hair, hit him and he pulled her off...and held her back by the wrists...leaving marks on her wrists. Guess who got removed! In court she made all sorts of claims against him....bunch of bs. I'd like to kick her ass. Unfortunately, its all too common. The worse picture that is painted the better for the woman...the more $$$$ she gets...etc.

MAKES ME SICK and ASHAMED of my gender.

With that said....there are women and kids out there getting abused and do deserve to get compensated......but unfortuantly, the ones that are crying wolf make it hard for those who aren't.
    3. NO, PULLING out IS NOT a RELIABLE method of Birth Control. DAMMMMIT..... Wrap that shyte UP!!

Women over 30 are dignified. They seldom have a screaming match with you at the opera or in the middle of an expensive restaurant. Of course, if you deserve it, they won't hesitate to shoot you, if they think they can get away with it.

For all those men who say, "Why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free". Here's an update for you. Nowadays 80% of women are against marriage, why? Because women realize it's not worth buying an entire Pig, just to get a little sausage.

Heracles74 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Commando_Barbi
    I have a friend going through it right now. His wife has called the cops on him for dv when she jumped on him, pulled his hair, hit him and he pulled her off...and held her back by the wrists...leaving marks on her wrists. Guess who got removed! In court she made all sorts of claims against him....bunch of bs. I'd like to kick her ass. Unfortunately, its all too common. The worse picture that is painted the better for the woman...the more $$$$ she gets...etc.

MAKES ME SICK and ASHAMED of my gender.

With that said....there are women and kids out there getting abused and do deserve to get compensated......but unfortuantly, the ones that are crying wolf make it hard for those who aren't.
    It shouldn't make you sick and ashamed of your gender cb. Its nice to see you think how women (some) treat these situations is wrong. Mens rights are terrible today, practically non-existent. thanks for being one of the decent ones!

TestTubeBaby is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Heracles74
    It shouldn't make you sick and ashamed of your gender cb. Its nice to see you think how women (some) treat these situations is wrong. Mens rights are terrible today, practically non-existent. thanks for being one of the decent ones!
    I concur! Mens rights...those two words..go together? lol

Quote Originally Posted by Heracles74
    I see so many military guys going through this. I think women that marry military men (or vice versa) should have to sign a prenup!!!

Quote Originally Posted by TestTubeBaby
    I concur! Mens rights...those two words..go together? lol

It's an oxy moron.... like... jumbo shrimp...

Quote Originally Posted by Commando_Barbi
    I see so many military guys going through this. I think women that marry military men (or vice versa) should have to sign a prenup!!!
    yeah, but those only take you so far. I think the couples just really don't know what they are getting themsleves into. not many people can really handle being away from their spouse that long while deployed. I htink they assume they can but reality sets in, ya know...

Yep I know all too well. I see good men (and occasionally women) lose their clearances and jobs because of this crap.

Thread Information