SHRED is offline Senior Member

Giving Back a little.....

Last night I volunteerd to work at the local shelter with some people from my job. It was a great feeling to know that I was part of having a warm plate to serve to these homeless, less fortunate people.

Ya never really realize what ya have until u see others, in real life, that are not as fortunate. These people are worrying about where they are going to find there next meal, and im sitting here wondering what foods i am going to eat to get my 300g's of protein today....it really made me appreciate what I have.

...just thought i'd share that experiance with you guys.

RA
    RA is offline Grade A Beef
    Ive thought about doing this many times. Good job bro.

HeavyHitter is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Buff_Daddy
    Last night I volunteerd to work at the local shelter with some people from my job. It was a great feeling to know that I was part of having a warm plate to serve to these homeless, less fortunate people.

Ya never really realize what ya have until u see others, in real life, that are not as fortunate. These people are worrying about where they are going to find there next meal, and im sitting here wondering what foods i am going to eat to get my 300g's of protein today....it really made me appreciate what I have.

...just thought i'd share that experiance with you guys.
    good for you bro! I bet you felt really good about yourself. Although, i have mixed opinions about them, i still think thats a great thing to do and Karma always comes around for these kind of things......

Heracles74 is offline Senior Member
    good for you man - not many bro's "find time" intheir busy lives to do that. That was a great thing to do and you should be proud.

SHAOKAHN is offline Member
    I'am glad to be part of a board that has people like this. thumbs up bro.

hercules88 is offline Senior Member
    good job bro

and im sre those peole appreciated your help. way to spend your time, not too many people these days like to help others without a monetary or some kind of incentive.
    good way to set an example and give BB a good name.

Slick Arrado is offline Member
    Good job BD.

Jantzen4k is offline Anabolic Nittany Lion
    nice charity work bro!

I've been a boy scout leader forever and I "make" the kids do some community work at the homless shelter serving meals or around xmas delivering xmas baskets (care packages for less fortunate families). I say "make" up there because many of the kids have to be forced to do it kicking and screaming.

I think one of the things that gives me the best "warm fuzzy" feeling is when the kids ask me when we are doing this again...

Good Job BD, I think the mark of a good citizen is in how he gives back to his community.

Red

Thanks Fellas.....it really hit home yesterday, looking at these people and seeing the horrible state of health they are in.

My job does this once a month and I just signed up to do this every month.

Heracles74 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Ketchup
    I've been a boy scout leader forever and I "make" the kids do some community work at the homless shelter serving meals or around xmas delivering xmas baskets (care packages for less fortunate families). I say "make" up there because many of the kids have to be forced to do it kicking and screaming.

I think one of the things that gives me the best "warm fuzzy" feeling is when the kids ask me when we are doing this again...

Good Job BD, I think the mark of a good citizen is in how he gives back to his community.

Red
    Nice to see your one of the good ones out there trying to make a difference in kids lives.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Ketchup

Red
    thats awesome man....

Commando_Barbi is offline AR's Arresting Angel Vet
    I've been involved with many such activities all around the world....and I always make a point to get my kids involved too. It lets them appreciate what they have and instills some civic responsibility in them.

No matter how bad you think you have it.........someone's always got it worse.

Don't let it stop with that one day....make it a habit!
    1. Once a cheat always a cheat!
    2. YES, SHE can get pregnant the first time!
    3. NO, PULLING out IS NOT a RELIABLE method of Birth Control. DAMMMMIT..... Wrap that shyte UP!!

Women over 30 are dignified. They seldom have a screaming match with you at the opera or in the middle of an expensive restaurant. Of course, if you deserve it, they won't hesitate to shoot you, if they think they can get away with it.

For all those men who say, "Why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free". Here's an update for you. Nowadays 80% of women are against marriage, why? Because women realize it's not worth buying an entire Pig, just to get a little sausage.

What the mind can conceive....the body will achieve!

Quote Originally Posted by Commando_Barbi
    I've been involved with many such activities all around the world....and I always make a point to get my kids involved too. It lets them appreciate what they have and instills some civic responsibility in them.

No matter how bad you think you have it.........someone's always got it worse.

Don't let it stop with that one day....make it a habit!
    Thanks - My job does this once a month and I just signed up to do this every month.

stocky121 is offline VET~ Recognized Staff Winner - $100
    well done bro it's good to help other's that's less fortunate

Commando_Barbi is offline AR's Arresting Angel Vet
    Good job
    1. Once a cheat always a cheat!
    2. YES, SHE can get pregnant the first time!
    3. NO, PULLING out IS NOT a RELIABLE method of Birth Control. DAMMMMIT..... Wrap that shyte UP!!

Women over 30 are dignified. They seldom have a screaming match with you at the opera or in the middle of an expensive restaurant. Of course, if you deserve it, they won't hesitate to shoot you, if they think they can get away with it.

For all those men who say, "Why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free". Here's an update for you. Nowadays 80% of women are against marriage, why? Because women realize it's not worth buying an entire Pig, just to get a little sausage.

What the mind can conceive....the body will achieve!

Thread Information