Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    broncojosh is offline Senior Member

what kinda bike would you recommend...5K

Okay guys, you've seen my truck...well I'm thinking about possibly getting a bike. I was looking at the triumph Daytona 595 (955cc). I know some of you guys have bikes, just wondering what you thought? Looking to spend 5k or so...

GUARDIAN is offline New Member
    Harly Davidson all the way. I know alot of the younger guy will disagree but hey JMO.

Vegas Kid is offline Senior Member
    For a sport bike you have to go with a Honda 600 CBR. Very cheap and the best for the money. If you want something more traditional never mind the Honda.

Neo
    Neo is offline Senior Member
    I've had my eye on the Suzuki SV650S for quite some time now. It's a sweet bike and not too expensive.

postel is offline Junior Member
    The Honda 600 CBR is a nice bike but I think you can do better and faster. If you want the bike for good days out and fun (ball breakin speed) go for a Honda super Blackbird 1137cc, 162 bhp, good for 186mph or the suzuki GSX1300R Hayabusa 175 bhp this bitch would fly if it had wing. I've had the pleasure of riding one and craping your pants isn't the word.
    IMHO these are the best two bikes for fun. A 2 year old bike can be picked up for under 5k

Hoopwxf is offline Female Member
    Honda all the way, CBR 900, or the R1 (yammy)
    You are the master of your body, take control and sculpt it.

BigD is offline Associate Member
    My God the Hayabusa...The fastest production bike...my deam bike. However deffinetly NOT a bike to learn with.

As far as performance with a smaller package I would recommend a Yahama R6. It runs with a lot of the 900cc class bikes. I think before 99 the R6 was called YFZ 600...could be wrong about that though.

georgie24 is offline Member

I WOULD BUY AN R-6

MINE IS BLUE W/CHROME WHEELS R-6 THESES PICS I BORROWED FROM ANOTHER SITE JUST TO GIVE YOU AN IDEA...OLD FARTS KEEP YOUR FLAMES AT BAY HEHEHE
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails what kinda bike would you recommend...5K-9313r01-thumb.jpg  

1 MORE
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails what kinda bike would you recommend...5K-4430mybike-thumb.jpg  

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    Depends what you are looking for. A good all around bike to learn on is a cbr 600. The busa and cbr1100xx your not going to get ni the US for 5k. plus the yare not as fun for cornering and stuff they are to big and heavy. The R6 is a good fast 600 but a small bike. So if your a big guy its not going to fit you well. I personally would recomond a GSXR GIXXER. 600 or 750 wich ever you can afford. They handle great. They are light and are fast. And just look good. And you can get them for around 5k depending on year and size.

Email me bro if you have any more questions.
    If people can't tell your on steroids then your doing them wrong

Vegas Kid is offline Senior Member
    Any bike you get on is going to be fucking fast, especially if it's your first bike. If you're going to ride in the city than a 1300cc is way to fucking heavy to throw around. Remember, people never see you and you have to be able to move the bike around with ease to avoid cars. As for speed: 120mph on a bike feels a lot faster than you think.

Ok I have a question?

I want a bike like extremely bad...however I have one problem...I have no clue how to drive on, i've never been on one in my life.
    Is it more or less complicated that standard in a car? How do you go about learning how to ride one? I mean i dont want to buy a bike and lay it down first week cause i missed a shift...get what i'm saying?

BigD its easier than you think. They pretty much balance themsleves. I think shifting and taking off a light is eiser on a bike than a standard car. There are places around that give lessons and take you to get your licence. So you could do that before you buy one.

Okay guys, did I say that this is my first bike??? I had a yamaha 750cc a few years ago. I know how to ride. I'm 6'2" and hopefully wont be under 245lbs (probably closer to 265) so I need a descent size bike. None of you guys are fond of Triumphs I take it. I know they used to leak, but that has been fixed. My buddy has the Daytona 595 I talked about earlier, and it's a sweet bike...keep the suggestions coming though.

David B. is offline Member
    Originally posted by broncojosh
    None of you guys are fond of Triumphs I take it. I know they used to leak, but that has been fixed. My buddy has the Daytona 595 I talked about earlier, and it's a sweet bike...keep the suggestions coming though.
    I think the Triumph is a cool choice, it's definitely a bike where you won't see mirror images of yourself coming and going...

How 'bout a Ducati Monster? Aprilia RST1000?

Or maybe one of the "naked" bikes?

--dnb

personally im not a triumph fan but thats personal preference. 1 good thing is that they arent classified as a sport bike so insurance is cheap. But since you rode before i would look for like a 97 98 gsxr 750. Should be able to get 1 for around 5k. And i would rather have a 750 that walks on a 955.

jleighty17 is offline Associate Member
    Originally posted by postel
    The Honda 600 CBR is a nice bike but I think you can do better and faster. If you want the bike for good days out and fun (ball breakin speed) go for a Honda super Blackbird 1137cc, 162 bhp, good for 186mph or the suzuki GSX1300R Hayabusa 175 bhp this bitch would fly if it had wing. I've had the pleasure of riding one and craping your pants isn't the word.
    IMHO these are the best two bikes for fun. A 2 year old bike can be picked up for under 5k
    if you think u can get a bike like these 2 years old for under 5k you are crazy u will be lucky to get a 2000 cbr600 for under 5k
    if this is your frst bike and u want something that looks good i like the 600 katana's not real fast but pretty quick and look damn goodand u can get a brand new 2001 hold over out the door with helmet and cover for about 5800 including taxes and everything

Originally posted by BigD
    Ok I have a question?

I want a bike like extremely bad...however I have one problem...I have no clue how to drive on, i've never been on one in my life.
    Is it more or less complicated that standard in a car? How do you go about learning how to ride one? I mean i dont want to buy a bike and lay it down first week cause i missed a shift...get what i'm saying?

umm ok on my last one i dont know y my stuff i typed didnt show up but what i said was they have classes that they teach u on a 250 and they start from the beginning as if u have never been on one and its only liek 25-30 bucks. if i remember the 1-800 # i will pm u with it
    and here is the pic of the katana i was takling about
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails what kinda bike would you recommend...5K-kat600_yellow.jpg  

Scorpion is offline Junior Member
    This is the bike I've had my eyes on for a long time. A bit conservative but very stylish and a great all-around performer with a very fair price. Especially so for a first bike. It always gets great reviews.

Neo
    Neo is offline Senior Member
    [QUOTE]Originally posted by Scorpion
    [B]This is the bike I've had my eyes on for a long time. A bit conservative but very stylish and a great all-around performer with a very fair price. Especially so for a first bike. It always gets great reviews.
    QUOTE]

That's the same bike that I have my eye on. I'm thinking of getting one in the Dark Blue.....

any thoughts on the YZF R1??? It may be the one...maybe not for 5K though...oh well
    Last edited by broncojosh; 04-20-2002 at 03:42 PM.

any thoughts on the YZF R1??? It may be the one...maybe not for 5K though...oh well
    IM SELLING MY R-6 FOR AROUND 5K$ TO BUY A 2001 R1

SEE ABOVE PIC FOR PIC(BLUE ONE)

R1's are nice but your a big guy its going to be a tight squeeze on one. its the same an R6. If you are gonig to spend that much get a newer ZX-9 or GSXR 750 bolth more room for you and as fast as an R1

D3m3nt3d is offline AR's Whore D'Oeuvre
    2000 yellow/black GSX-R 750

$uperman is offline Member
    if you dont mind swallowing you ballz every now and then go w/ the R1..... serious ass bike fa real bro

solid90062 is offline Member
    The R1 is the best all around bike there is...great for everyday driving, and pretty damn good performance. It wont outmuscle a Suzuki GSX-R, but it is easier to live with...Kind a best of both worlds.

For the guys who like the Honda CBR. ..they're nice bikes as well but good city bike, but doesnt pyush as hard as an R1. This is fact you can look it up.

I'm not flaming CBR owners, I owned one last year and didnt like it as much as my friends R1

BigD take the motorcycle safety course...its cheap and you learn alot.
    http://www.msf-usa.org/

Nate_Dog is offline Member
    Originally posted by D3m3nt3d
    2000 yellow/black GSX-R 750
    Thats it...

Lets be serious here.... GSXR's kick ass.

R1 and R6 kick ass also....

TLR 1000 kicks ass(sounds awsome also.... heaps of torque... mad monos) ... dont get the TL1000S it is a shitbox with soft suspension.

As my friend who is a Honda rider said
    "Suzuki and Yamaha are Race bikes that they de-tune for the road. Hondas and Kawasaki are road bikes they tune up for racing"
    so which one you choose A harder to ride bike that is a fucking missle straight out of the box.. ?? Yep Suzuki... I love em....

RIP my Suzuki... fucking car hit me!

Honda's + Kawasaki are for girls....

Plus look at all the Las Vagas extreme video etc... they are mostly on GSXRs!

Peace!

Every bike mentioned here is nice but remember he asked for around 5k. I don’t think you are going to find a 2000 GSX-R 750 or a Yamaha R1 or R6 for that matter for 5k that new. Not unless it's been laid down a few times.

So hey bro when you buy a bike keep us posted, I'd like to know what you found for 5k.

Bigd your right your not going to get 1 of those for 5k thats why i recommended a 97-98 gsxr 750

jammergsxr is offline Member
    I just traded in my GSXR 600( a bike i loved),for A 2002 Honda 919.Bronco this is a bike a B.B. needs to look at!A matte black finish.919cc's fuel injection,roll on wheelies at your becck and call!Twin pipes under the seat,I just turned 56 miles on it and I've lovved everyone of them....very comfortable and gets lots of looks of course that may be me but either way great bike!

Sorry....brand new the 2002 919 is around 7,899.00 spend the extra get a new one so you know its a safe bike!

If money wasn't an issue at all I'd be getting the Suzuki Hayabusa for sure. Still looking though. I appreciate all the inputs guys

If money wasn't an issue at all I'd be getting the Suzuki Hayabusa for sure. Still looking though. I appreciate all the inputs guys
    Yep... thats the attitude... skip a bike and go straight to a missle.... GSXR 1300 Hyabusa.... I wouldn't ride one... But love those people that do. I think I would definetly be deal if I had a Hyabusa.

Terinox is offline The One & Only
    Do any of you know somewhere in TORONTO that will teach you how to ride a motorcycle??? I'm also dying to learn! I probably won't buy one, but it would be DAMN SWEEEEEEEEET to learn how to ride one!!!

Theres nothing to riding,if you can drive a stick and ride a bike, jump on and go.Remember R1's GSXR's and Busa's meen thousands a year in insurance!!! 919's are cheap...no plastic.By the way a GSXR1000 will tear up a Busa.

I've heard the same thing about the GSXR1000 smoking the busa but I though that was only with the newer models. Never have researched it to see the actuall stats just something I'd heard.

As for the GSXR thrashing a Hybusa... it might off the line. But when you start really winding it out... the Hybusa (1300) will pull away from the GSXR.

Hybusa...suppost to be the fastest production bike for 2002....am I wrong...?

the gsxr is faster 1/4 and the zx12 is faster 1/4 mile and i think top end then the busa

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information