Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    WildCh1ld is offline Banned

Who like's Sushi? And what's your favorite piece??

newbrew is offline Senior Member
    i like it all.

i used to eat only california rolls, then i graduated to spicy california rolls, and then spicy tuna rolls.

Now i get something new everytime i go...no personal fav just yet. although, i tend to always get at least 1 order of calif rolls.
    Last edited by newbrew; 06-20-2005 at 11:59 PM.

I have to admit I still love the good old cali roll but I have also graduated to loving all types like...albacore, tuna, octupus....etc...

My favorite rolls are the "crunchy roll" & the "Catpillar roll"

The only thing I haven't tried off this plate is the roll on the left with the eggs....I forgot the name....

Can anyone fill me in on the taste/????

Oh yea, not sure on the name, but it has eel and then is deep fried with 'eel sauce' poured over it. Not sure if its really 'eel sauce', but thats what they call it.

soo good

Quote Originally Posted by WILDCH1LD
    The only thing I haven't tried off this plate is the roll on the left with the eggs....I forgot the name....

Can anyone fill me in on the taste/????

sorry I forgot to add the pic.......here it goes...

bleh, im not fond of the whole raw fish, only thing youll catch me eating are rolls.

Quote Originally Posted by newbrew
    bleh, im not fond of the whole raw fish, only thing youll catch me eating are rolls.
    Belive me bro I wasn't to fond of it either but with the right sauce and your mind set on eating and experimenting you can enjoy.. I'm so hooked on shushi right now like you wouldn't belive....I hope it's just a phase because I spend about $30 just please myself.... ..

I've been eating it like 2x a week.........for the past 4 months...since I got introduced....to the hardcore side..

Belive me bro I wasn't to fond of it either but with the right sauce and your mind set on eating and experimenting you can enjoy.. I'm so hooked on shushi right now like you wouldn't belive....I hope it's just a phase because I spend about $30 just please myself.... ..

I've been eating it like 2x a week.........for the past 4 months...since I got introduced....to the hardcore side..

Yea, it can get expensive. Im lucky to live in a college town where we have some place that sells 1/2 price sushi. all the basic rolls are like 2.99 and 3.99. I always end up leaving with less than a $20 tab for both my girlfriend and I. gatta love it

Yea, it can get expensive. Im lucky to live in a college town where we have some place that sells 1/2 price sushi. all the basic rolls are like 2.99 and 3.99. I always end up leaving with less than a $20 tab for both my girlfriend and I. gatta love it
    That's awesome....I know of only 1 place like that but I don't like driving to it because there's always a "check point"(cops stoping everyone to see if they've been drinking or have any illegal sh*t in the car+on the 2 nearest streets..) down the street because all the bars that are around it...

jasper1968 is offline Associate Member
    20 dollar tab...Heh, I don't care for that kind of quality...What I love is salmon!

Quote Originally Posted by jasper1968
    20 dollar tab...Heh, I don't care for that kind of quality...What I love is salmon!
    Sushi is dirty cheap to make, especially here on the California coast. Most places are raping you with like 900% markup on their food.

The only thing that determines whether or not sushi is 'better' is the freshness of the fish, imo. Fish is always fresh here.

oh yea. making your own sushi rocks too. i take a trip down to the avila beach peer and buy fresh fish. talk about a cheap way to make awesome/healthy food.

alevok Guest
    I love the salmon eggs and all other raw sea food sushis

alphaman is offline Member
    Smoked eel, spider rolls(tempura(edit) softshell crab), tuna pieces, shrimp pieces, dragon rolls, miso soup(always get it), tuna tataki, Kirin Ichiban beer, and warm saki. The place I used to go to(b4 I moved) always served this awesome cucumber salad complimentary. It was cucumber w/ rice wine vinegar, sesame seeds, crab, and a couple other things.
    Last edited by alphaman; 06-21-2005 at 02:50 PM.

Duck of Death is offline Associate Member
    sorry I forgot to add the pic.......here it goes...

....Thta's salmon roe (eggs) on the left..very good!

63190 is offline Anabolic Member
    I ain't had that yet. I'll have to try it some time. Last time my two brothers and I went for some, tab was $73 and change. My beer was what they say made it so expensive. It was a $5 Kirin beer.

anaBROLIC is offline Only The Strong Survive

Quote Originally Posted by anaBROLIC
    Don't worry, when you are older you may develop a taste for sushi

Polska is offline Anabolic Member
    I love sushi. It's great on cheat days

jasper1968 is offline Associate Member
    Sushi is dirty cheap to make, especially here on the California coast. Most places are raping you with like 900% markup on their food.

The only thing that determines whether or not sushi is 'better' is the freshness of the fish, imo. Fish is always fresh here.
    I am from Los Angeles ( born and raised now living in pdx for the next several years) Not all places are great on the coast..For example somthing's fishy in Malbu ( to me its not real high grade fish) . Now go to woodland hills and hit up Brother's Sushi. That is authentic with quality.. Or try KUSHIYU. My FAVORITE one is http://www.japaneserestaurantnavi.com/uerukamu.html That is where all the sushi owners and chef's go to eat after work...

you won't find a $20 tab at any of those places, heh...

Quote Originally Posted by jasper1968
    I am from Los Angeles ( born and raised now living in pdx for the next several years) Not all places are great on the coast..For example somthing's fishy in Malbu ( to me its not real high grade fish) . Now go to woodland hills and hit up Brother's Sushi. That is authentic with quality.. Or try KUSHIYU. My FAVORITE one is http://www.japaneserestaurantnavi.com/uerukamu.html That is where all the sushi owners and chef's go to eat after work...

you won't find a $20 tab at any of those places, heh...
    Ill def agree there is a difference in quality between some places. Then again, I am only comparing the basic rolls such as california, tuna rolls and such. As long as the fish is fresh, you cant really mess em up. Want to try some horrible sushi? Buy that crap you find prepackaged at the grocery store.....BLEH

I've been eating sushi everyday other day for the passed 1 1/2 and I think..............I think I'm turning japenese...I said I'm turning japanese I really think so!!!

I eat it every saturday, I think I hold the title for most rolls in a single sitting. I usually eat 5, my record is 7. Favorite roll is spicy tuna.

spywizard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    crunchy roll.. dynomite roll..

yellow tail....
    The answer to your every question

Rules

A bigot is a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted
    to his or her own opinions and prejudices, especially
    one exhibiting intolerance, and animosity toward those of differing beliefs.

If you get scammed by an UGL listed on this board or by another member here, it's all part of the game and learning experience for you,
    we do not approve nor support any sources that may be listed on this site.
    I will not do source checks for you, the peer review from other members should be enough to help you make a decision on your quest. Buyer beware.
    Don't Let the Police kick your ass

SexyKitty is offline Female Vet
    I Loooove sushi, could eat it everyday. Even though it's kinda boring my all time favorite will always be spicy tuna.

For anyone here from Toronto, the best sushi place in my opinion is Blowfish. I've eaten tons of sushi and this place by FAR is the best. It's kinda different, they try more interesting combinations for their rolls. The best one there sounds completely disgusting but it is friggen wicked, it's called Caribanana and its a roll with fried eel and banana.....I know sounds disgusting but the taste is amazing. I tricked 4 girls, all very picky eaters who all said they hate eel into trying it and they all loved it. Gotta go to Blowfish if your from Toronto, problem is I find it hard to eat sushi anywhere else now.

BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member
    I used to want to hurl just thinking about sushu... that is until my girl got me to try it... now I love it.

BUYLONGTERM is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Duck of Death
    Otherwise known as IKURA. There was a time when I seriously ate sushi 5 days a week. I have tried places all over the country. The BEST SUSHI place by far is NOBU in NY. Very pricey (I alone spend 300.00) but well worth it. My favorite sushi is UNI (sea urchin) with a quail egg.

We have a place in Chicago called HEAT. It's LIVE sushi. I've done live eel, uni, Shrimp (they put it on your plate and as it's crawling away, you grab it, rip it's head off and eat it. It is SOOO GOOD)....

I will eat any type of sushi. I actually was going to be a sushi critic in Chicago for various restaraunts.

Quote Originally Posted by buylongterm
    My favorite sushi is UNI (sea urchin) with a quail egg.

Now that's a real man! (strong smiley)-can't find it.

Nobu is where the celebs eat Japanese food.

BOUNCER is offline Retired Vet
    Can't get it in Ireland.

Quote Originally Posted by BOUNCER
    Can't get it in Ireland.

That sucks it some good stuff..

I just got hooked on it like no other in the last couple of months...

JDawg1536 is offline "Rock" of Love ;)
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Poppa Pump
    I eat it every saturday, I think I hold the title for most rolls in a single sitting. I usually eat 5, my record is 7. Favorite roll is spicy tuna.
    a buddy of mine weighs 365, and he put away 4 dragon rolls at this place by my house. Dont know what kind you ate, but these rolls were enourmous. I go to the all you can eat and get lots of crunchy rolls and pieces of yellow tail and salmon.

Quote Originally Posted by JDawg1536
    a buddy of mine weighs 365, and he put away 4 dragon rolls at this place by my house. Dont know what kind you ate, but these rolls were enourmous. I go to the all you can eat and get lots of crunchy rolls and pieces of yellow tail and salmon.
    Apparantly not as big as the rolls your buddy gets, cause I'm assuming a 365 pound guy can eat alot more than me. But i can hold my own.

Dragon rolls are "giant rolls", just like rainbow rolls.

Quote Originally Posted by alphaman
    Dragon rolls are "giant rolls", just like rainbow rolls.
    yeah they definately have some girth to em...... Im goin for all you can eat right now, later suckaz!!!!!

Jdawg50 is offline Anabolic Member
    Sashimi.... just plain old fish chillin on a plate

RussianVodka is offline Senior Member
    I love sushi, dragon rolls and spicy tuna are my favorites

Quote Originally Posted by Duck of Death

So I tried it tonight and...................it was okay....It's a salty special kind oa texture but yes I could try it again....

I still can't get enough of my catipillar rolll!!!!!!

just got home from all you can eat....27 pieces of sushi, 2 crunchy rolls, and a spicy tuna hand roll. My buddy that weighs 360 had 6 cut rolls, 6 hand rolls, and 4 pieces of sushi. time to pass the fvck out.

Quote Originally Posted by JDawg1536
    just got home from all you can eat....27 pieces of sushi, 2 crunchy rolls, and a spicy tuna hand roll. My buddy that weighs 360 had 6 cut rolls, 6 hand rolls, and 4 pieces of sushi. time to pass the fvck out.

Dude thats allot of fvcken seafood and they don't recomend you falling asleep right after you eat seafood........I don't belive it but I have heard of people dying because they had a couple one to may oysters....could have been the oyseters though...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information