Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Any opinions on dipping (skoal)

Can't stand to smoke, but I like to take an occasional dip. Do you guys think this is very counter productive to my workouts?

MBaraso is offline Retired Mod
    Definetly not good for ya lol
    I dip too, but I'm going to try and quit next week.

Dave321 is offline AR's Salad Tossing Connoisseur
    last time I dipped I ate half of it and threw up all over my car.... Wicked awesome!

JDawg1536 is offline "Rock" of Love ;)
    I wouldnt reccomend dipping while working out, but it wont hinder your gains if thats what you are asking. Definately not good for you though, I spit out a piece of my gums about a week ago.....

Quote Originally Posted by JDawg1536
    Definately not good for you though, I spit out a piece of my gums about a week ago.....
    Yeah, I guess that would be a good reason to quit. I was thinking I would quit when my teeth started to fall out.

Quote Originally Posted by AnatomicallyBlessed
    Yeah, I guess that would be a good reason to quit. I was thinking I would quit when my teeth started to fall out.
    on the part of my mouth where my a chunk of my gum fell out you can almost see the whole tooth down to the bottom, its pretty nasty.

hellapimpin is offline Anabolic Member
    i dip when i wanna give my lungs a rest....but skoal..yuk!! its all bout copenhagon snuff baby!!

Animal Cracker is offline Anabolic Member
    Just as nasty as smoking.

Heracles74 is offline Senior Member
    Sure, here's an opinion... its nasty. Your mouth will eventually look like a sewer. And yes, it will effect your workouts. It sstill contains nicotine which like in cigarettes, will dialate your arteries, slow down blood flow, increase the strain on your heartr and lower your vascularity. Not to mention eventually give you mouth cancer. Ever see one of those people thathad to have half their jaw removed from dip??? nasty.

BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member
    I dip.... trying to quit, but it's a hard habit to kick. Anyways, I wouldn't say it will actually hinder your workouts, but it can't help them either. I'm not gonna preach or lecture, but if it's an occasional thing.... stop now before ya become hooked like many of us have.

Quote Originally Posted by BIG TEXAN
    I dip.... trying to quit, but it's a hard habit to kick. Anyways, I wouldn't say it will actually hinder your workouts, but it can't help them either. I'm not gonna preach or lecture, but if it's an occasional thing.... stop now before ya become hooked like many of us have.
    Yep. I started off slow and now i'm in to about a can a day sometimes more.

IronFreakX is offline Banned
    Wuts dipping ?

Quote Originally Posted by MBaraso
    Yep. I started off slow and now i'm in to about a can a day sometimes more.
    I was up to 2 cans a day bro.... I'm finally to the point where 1 can will last me a day or two..... I'd love to quit but I get the shakes, moody as hell.... I'm fixing to go to the store right now to pick me up a can. LOL

I was up to 2 cans a day bro.... I'm finally to the point where 1 can will last me a day or two..... I'd love to quit but I get the shakes, moody as hell.... I'm fixing to go to the store right now to pick me up a can. LOL
    Yep I'm goin to the store now too then to the gym. It's a pretty sad addiction when u think about it....I woke up this morning and the first thing I was thinking about is whether I had enough left for a full dip

RA
    RA is offline Grade A Beef
    Kodiak. Love it.

Quote Originally Posted by MBaraso
    Yep I'm goin to the store now too then to the gym. It's a pretty sad addiction when u think about it....I woke up this morning and the first thing I was thinking about is whether I had enough left for a full dip
    LMAO!!! Hell I put in my last dipl ast night thinking "Damn... tomorrow morning and no dip.... the day's gonna start of shitty."

As I see it... yes it's a nasty addiction, but we all have a vice... or at least need one.

Crazylegs is offline Banned
    Damn nasty... Yuck used to do it, and smoke... Glad thats over with

ENraged is offline Senior Member
    kodiak straight mmhhmm i have quit about 3 times so far but i really enjoy chewing. right now on the east coast they have grizzly straight which is about the same thing. I have found that by switching to a straight chew it doesnt burn up my gums like winter green and those new chick flavors that skoal has release.

radar1234 is offline Member
    i dip at work sometimes.i find it gives me a little boost in the mornin

Quote Originally Posted by IronFreakX
    Wuts dipping ?
    It's a Texas thing..... you just wouldn't understand.

gixxer600 is offline Member
    i'm curious too!

Quote Originally Posted by ENraged
    right now on the east coast they have grizzly straight which is about the same thing. I have found that by switching to a straight chew it doesnt burn up my gums like winter green and those new chick flavors that skoal has release.
    Yeah, grizzly, just bought some of the grizzy straight the other day. Inexpensive but pretty good. I can't stand those fruity flavors either.

I prefer Copenhagen but I can't afford it. I can't stand Skoal period. I was using Wolf wintergreen longcut, but switched to Grizzly wintergreen longcut.... Grizzly straight is pretty good and I usually switch between the two.

kloter1 is offline Southern Steel Bodybuilding
    i bought apple skoal the other day, not bad.

I value your advice. Right now I'm only dipping once a day and if I miss a day it's no big deal. I'm still getting those nice little headrushes everytime I dip. You vets probably don't get those anymore.

I didn't pay to start. I was given five free containers of the skoal pouches at a crawfish festival. First time I tried it the sh1t made me so dizzy that I spit it out. A week later I decided to try it again. Been dipping for over a month now.

Quote Originally Posted by AnatomicallyBlessed
    I value your advice. Right now I'm only dipping once a day and if I miss a day it's no big deal. I'm still getting those nice little headrushes everytime I dip. You vets probably don't get those anymore.

I didn't pay to start. I was given five free containers of the skoal pouches at a crawfish festival. First time I tried it the sh1t made me so dizzy that I spit it out. A week later I decided to try it again. Been dipping for over a month now.
    Hell I like dipping, my teeth have became sensitive to cold now.... but I've been doing it for over 12 years now. I'm not the type to tell people "Oh smoking and dipping is bad you need to quit" but I just had to offer the opinion to quit now while your not addicted cause than it's harder than hell to kick.... just my .02.

Quote Originally Posted by kloter1
    i bought apple skoal the other day, not bad.
    apple is nasty. skoal is good as long as its not the fruity flavors, although that peach that just came out is pretty good (my friends are pussies) Cant afford cope or skoal either, so I buy the Grizz. When the Grizzly mint came out it was $.49 a tin, and i would buy as many as they would let me.

JAYROD is offline Senior Member
    fresh cope for me. can a day.

legobricks is offline Retired AR Monitor
    Only texans and southeners would know?

i dont know bout you guys but up here in wisonsin we dip A LOT!!! I even got my ex-girlfriend to dip, that shit was funnnny!
    but i prefer kodiak ice out of all of them!

GIVE IT UP FOR THE K-IIIICE!

legobricks is offline Retired AR Monitor
    J/K, i used to dip, but quit cus of the new girl. in a way im actually ahppy, cus that sh*it gives you HORRIBALE breath, eats away at your gums, and makes your teeth sensitive as hell. if i tryed dippin now, id probably pass out, ha.

Commando_Barbi is offline AR's Arresting Angel Vet
    From a female view.........

GROSS!
    1. Once a cheat always a cheat!
    2. YES, SHE can get pregnant the first time!
    3. NO, PULLING out IS NOT a RELIABLE method of Birth Control. DAMMMMIT..... Wrap that shyte UP!!

Women over 30 are dignified. They seldom have a screaming match with you at the opera or in the middle of an expensive restaurant. Of course, if you deserve it, they won't hesitate to shoot you, if they think they can get away with it.

For all those men who say, "Why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free". Here's an update for you. Nowadays 80% of women are against marriage, why? Because women realize it's not worth buying an entire Pig, just to get a little sausage.

What the mind can conceive....the body will achieve!

Benches505 is offline 75% HGH 25% Testosterone
    Dippin wouldn't be so nasty if people didn't carry around those damn spit cups!

Quote Originally Posted by Commando_Barbi
    From a female view.........

GROSS!
    Who asked ya!?!?!

I used to quit when I'd start seeing someone, but luckily the ex didn't mind me dipping and neither does the girl I'm with now. Hell she'll even dip on very rare occasions...

LOL ewwwwwwwwwwwwww
    3. NO, PULLING out IS NOT a RELIABLE method of Birth Control. DAMMMMIT..... Wrap that shyte UP!!

Women over 30 are dignified. They seldom have a screaming match with you at the opera or in the middle of an expensive restaurant. Of course, if you deserve it, they won't hesitate to shoot you, if they think they can get away with it.

For all those men who say, "Why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free". Here's an update for you. Nowadays 80% of women are against marriage, why? Because women realize it's not worth buying an entire Pig, just to get a little sausage.

Oh she's only done it twice in the year we've been together and both times drunker than hell. WHat do ya expect from a South Carolina gal..... damn rednecks..

Ewwwwwwwww

Too disgusting
    Last edited by Commando_Barbi; 12-25-2005 at 11:20 PM.

Hey bump for my contribution

Well thank you very much for those pics (as I currently have a dip in)

I'm working on quitting. I value my teeth and gums to much. It's a hard habit to kick and don't have the intentions of keeping this much longer.

IronFreakX is offline Banned
    Damn thats sexy as hell!!

My work here is done

Well thank you very much for those pics (as I currently have a dip in)

I'm working on quitting. I value my teeth and gums to much. It's a hard habit to kick and don't have the intentions of keeping this much longer.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information