anaBROLIC is offline Only The Strong Survive

Car insurance prices.

hey guys, wondering if anyone else has had bad history with cars and getting good insurance prices. i have been with geico for years because its the actual best price i can get because its under my fathers name. this august will be 4 years without anything including a ticket. the problem is i had 3 accidents at fault for 2 of them all totaled in a 4 month period.. lol i know. but everything has been good and it hasnt dropped. im pay 315/month on my 99 civic ex.. anyone got any suggestions?

nsa
    nsa is offline King of Supplements
    Holy sh!t, thats almost 4 grand a year. That sucks...

WildCh1ld is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by anaBROLIC
    hey guys, wondering if anyone else has had bad history with cars and getting good insurance prices. i have been with geico for years because its the actual best price i can get because its under my fathers name. this august will be 4 years without anything including a ticket. the problem is i had 3 accidents at fault for 2 of them all totaled in a 4 month period.. lol i know. but everything has been good and it hasnt dropped. im pay 315/month on my 99 civic ex.. anyone got any suggestions?

I don't know bro but everytime I got a quote from geico they asked me to bend over and let them lube my a*s up because they were going to give me a backdoor party......so basically I say to geico.

I say get a couple quotes from large companys but the 1 and only company I recomend that has backed me for a while and has been cool to me is progressive insurance. com .......

I got 1 dui, 2 red lights, 1 accident........but I am only paying liability because of personal reasons...(if it aint my fault-because you were talking on your cell-I am going to beat your ***)....I'll pay if it my fault but if it ain't I hope you have weapons in your casa...

ENraged is offline Senior Member
    I went with progrssive and got a hell of a lot better pricing. I had an at fault and a dls in the past. the only thing that was left over was a minor bump accednt that i got in a few years back with my xterra. Rite now my insurance is about 144 a month on a brand new scion tc. check out their website you can walk through the entire process without talking to anyone and the quote is identical to what they will tell you on the phone.

GIROLAMO is offline Associate Member
    I live I NJ and car ins is so high here its not even funny. I pay 3,500 a year just for layablity on my 300zx and its a 1990

punchrf is offline Anabolic Member
    i'd look around for better insurance. i'm not sure what state your in but california, any accident or minor violations come off your record in 3 years. of course dui's and reckless driving take longer if you have any of those. the honda civic's are expensive to insure and especially being an si. the si is rated about as high as a mid priced bmw. my girlfriend has a 00 honda civic that is far more to insure than my 04 gmc 1500 4x4. i doesn't take that long to get quotes so look around. if those violations aren't being counted any longer then i wouldn't mention those to insurance agents when you are getting quotes, they will most likely quote you high and pass you on to the next quote.

DUI's in California stay on your record for 7 years BUT next year the law is going to change and it's going to be 10 years, It's a biitccchh because you have to file a sr-22...

Quote Originally Posted by WILDCH1LD
    DUI's in California stay on your record for 7 years BUT next year the law is going to change and it's going to be 10 years, It's a biitccchh because you have to file a sr-22...
    my boy just got a dui last night and is in jail right now. also had a warrant too so he'll be out in a few months. wrecked his truck into some trees on the freeway. i have to deal with sr-22's a lot. they are a pain in the ass trying to keep straight because if your insurance lapses the dmv wants a new sr-22 and then they have to come in and get another one and are all pissed off because there license was suspended again.

Psychotron is offline Anabolic Member
    Car insurance? Mother fuker do you even want to know what it costs to insure a motorcycle?

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotron
    Car insurance? Mother fuker do you even want to know what it costs to insure a motorcycle?
    i got a quote for $312 every 6 months for full coverage on a suzuki gsxr-750 a couple of months back through state farm.

Quote Originally Posted by punchrf
    i got a quote for $312 every 6 months for full coverage on a suzuki gsxr-750 a couple of months back through state farm.
    haha, that sounds about right. i just felt like making a scene~

haha, that sounds about right. i just felt like making a scene~
    i thought you were trying to say it was expensive. my bad.

my boy just got a dui last night and is in jail right now. also had a warrant too so he'll be out in a few months. wrecked his truck into some trees on the freeway. i have to deal with sr-22's a lot. they are a pain in the ass trying to keep straight because if your insurance lapses the dmv wants a new sr-22 and then they have to come in and get another one and are all pissed off because there license was suspended again.

I was lucky enough not to be involved in a accident but I was basically in a mouse trap with the f**ken pigs...They were waiting down the block getting everyone that left the bar..The bar is near a freeway and as soon as I got on it those bastards pulled me over....I went through hell going through all the BS you have to go through and learned my lesson.....It's one of the most expensive things I've ever gone through....

I do have a friend that crashed into some tree's and lost all his front teeth from banging his mouth onto the stearing wheel...5 on top and 3 on the bottom.....
    Last edited by WildCh1ld; 06-23-2005 at 09:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by WILDCH1LD
    I was lucky enough not to be involved in a accident but I was basically in a mouse trap with the f**ken pigs...They were waiting down the block getting everyone that left the bar..The bar is near a freeway and as soon as I got on it those bastards pulled me over....I went through hell going through all the BS you have to go threw and learned my lesson.....It's one of the most expensive things I've ever gone through....

I do have a friend that crashed into some tree's and lost all his front teeth from banging his mouth onto the stearing wheel...5 on top and 3 on the bottom.....
    my friend hit his head on the windshield and just left a bruise. he ran and called the cops and told them someone stole the truck. they weren't believing him.

gixxer600 is offline Member
    It is expensive. Not to jack this thread but here in toronto, they a$$ rape you if you have a bike. As far as your car insurance situation, shop around or get a quote for liability only. It's all you can really do!

I wont ever get on a bike even if ive had one drink. i dont **** around on my bike.

BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member
    Well having full coverage on my suburban and Montero we pay about $200 a month for both....

JDawg1536 is offline "Rock" of Love ;)
    quit your bitching, I pay over $500......

<me
    ^
    Progressive
    Last edited by JDawg1536; 06-23-2005 at 08:44 PM.

I wont ever get on a bike even if ive had one drink. i dont **** around on my bike.

I feel bad but I witnessed something very dissapointing regarding this today....I was at a friends house and his uncle came over with his daughter on the back of his bike....as we are watching the game he starts to drink a couple brew's....I look at him like MOFO I hope your going to get someone to drive your daughter back because about 3 more beer's and your going to be f**ked up.......I'm hopeing all goes well because I left early a little disgusted....I can only hope someone is smart enough to let him know it's not cool to take off with your daughter in the back after you've had a couple f***ken drinks...

that is not cool. no respect for the little girl or for himself. getting on a bike after drinking is dramatically more dangerous than a regular car. the bike requires balance that would not be there anymore. i hope it wasn't a streetbike.

Thread Information