Tags is offline Associate Member

To get a tattoo or not

I want to get a tattoo on my back... Of what I have no dam clue lol... And I'm not sure If I wana get a tattoo though cuz when I flex my back muscles and have seen pics that my friend took with his camera I look awesome and wouldn't want the tattoo to take away from the definedness of my back... If you know what I mean...

kloter1 is offline Southern Steel Bodybuilding
    i want 2 tats but i dont think ill get them because they will distort muscle definition. i hate back tats. you never see them whats the point?

BlInDsIdE is offline "ARs Most Dangerous Member"
    i have a cross on my back and plan to get another tat opposite- might distort muscle definition but makes u look alot more bad a$$ lol

WildCh1ld is offline Banned
    I got 2 half sleeve's on my arms only and plan to get a saying going across my chest in the next couple months....

Make sure you know what you want and know it will be with you forever like having a child....thats the way I look at it....

dive_kid is offline Anabolic Member
    tattoos are fun. but choose carefuly.
    if you dont wanna mess up your back, do your arms
    then legs, chest, back......haha you get the piont.
    they are addictive. for me it started with one little fish

BlInDsIdE is offline "ARs Most Dangerous Member"
    got mine at 16 (18 now) without the rents knowing about it, kept it hidden for about a month then one day i was sleepin on my stomach and mom walked in she was all like wtf- is that real, i was like......no.....yeah she got pretty pi$$ed. They are addictive though although i'm only gonna get 1 or 2 more.

SHAOKAHN is offline Member
    Do alot of research, many times good tattoo magazines will yeild some REAL artwork. And give you ideas of whats possiable. REAL artwork will cost you. A good artist can range anywhere from $50-$200 per hour, or it can be priced by the sitting. Get refrence pictures/material online or at the library. Bring it in and have all your ideas/ref pics, and have something drawn up FOR YOU by the artist with it in mind. Make sure to look at the artists portfolio and ask if he/she has been featured anywhere or particapated in any conventions. Take your time.

How about some piercing's...??

Deezuhl is offline Anabolic Member
    they say when you are undecided to think of something you want and if you want it in 2 yrs get it. I want one but am so scared i wont like it for someone reason and then i am stuck. thats why people say get it on your back cause you dont see it.

tonytone is offline Anabolic Member
    tattoos rock....get one, you have to get 10

Billyspt4 is offline Associate Member
    It took me a while to get my tattoo, but now that I have my first one, I wanna get another really bad. I got my last name tattooed acorss my stomach (was going to be str8 down my spinal, but people talked me out of it), nobody sees it, but I like it. I'm going to get something on my arm next.

Commando_Barbi is offline AR's Arresting Angel Vet
    If I had stayed with that jackass.....I was gonna suprise him with a tatoo.....he used to tease me about having his name tatooed on my a$$......damn Im glad I didn't get it done!!!!
    1. Once a cheat always a cheat!
    2. YES, SHE can get pregnant the first time!
    3. NO, PULLING out IS NOT a RELIABLE method of Birth Control. DAMMMMIT..... Wrap that shyte UP!!

Women over 30 are dignified. They seldom have a screaming match with you at the opera or in the middle of an expensive restaurant. Of course, if you deserve it, they won't hesitate to shoot you, if they think they can get away with it.

For all those men who say, "Why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free". Here's an update for you. Nowadays 80% of women are against marriage, why? Because women realize it's not worth buying an entire Pig, just to get a little sausage.

What the mind can conceive....the body will achieve!

Quote Originally Posted by Commando_Barbi
    If I had stayed with that jackass.....I was gonna suprise him with a tatoo.....he used to tease me about having his name tatooed on my a$$......damn Im glad I didn't get it done!!!!

You know what would look nice on you.............

WILDCH1LD

JK

Cmore is offline Associate Member
    I have one tat, I like it, and would probably get another, but at this point in my life, I have spent every extra penny I have on cycle. Just make sure you pick exactly what you want and where you want it. As you and everyone else already know, it is permanent, unless you pay lots and lots of $ to have it removed.

LOL a tatoo or the man himself

Quote Originally Posted by WILDCH1LD
    You know what would look nice on you.............

WILDCH1LD

JK

3. NO, PULLING out IS NOT a RELIABLE method of Birth Control. DAMMMMIT..... Wrap that shyte UP!!

Women over 30 are dignified. They seldom have a screaming match with you at the opera or in the middle of an expensive restaurant. Of course, if you deserve it, they won't hesitate to shoot you, if they think they can get away with it.

For all those men who say, "Why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free". Here's an update for you. Nowadays 80% of women are against marriage, why? Because women realize it's not worth buying an entire Pig, just to get a little sausage.

LOL a tatoo or the man himself

both!

LOL it's been a while....you would probably get HURT!!

LOL it's been a while....you would probably get HURT!!

Stop it your making me fall in love!!!

Well.....you were good till I read your Vasectomy thread....

Now I'm gonna smack you for flirting with me when you have a girlfriend!!!

Brat

Brat

hehehehe.........I was waiting for that....

Brat

It's alright just look at you missed out on!!!

jk

ok....ok....we hijacked Tag's thread....I'll kick ur arse in another one

LOL YOU are Just WRONG!

gixxer600 is offline Member
    I would love to get some tats but I know I'll probably eventually get sick of them. Most of the older folks I've talked to with tattoos are.

Benches505 is offline 75% HGH 25% Testosterone
    Quote Originally Posted by gixxer600
    I would love to get some tats but I know I'll probably eventually get sick of them. Most of the older folks I've talked to with tattoos are.

True, and as you age they look like shit! My brother has one on his shoulder that he always hides. I'm glad I never got one

One of the biggest turn offs to me is a woman with a tatoo, especially those they get above their ass! There are many women that feel the same way I do about men with tats. Why limit your options?
    Last edited by Benches505; 06-26-2005 at 11:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Benches505
    True, and as you age they look like shit! My brother has one on his shoulder that he always hides. I'm glad I never got one

One of the biggest turn offs to me is a woman with a tatoo, especially those they get above their ass! There are many women that feel the same way I do about men with tats. Why limit your options?

I really don't like tatoos on women either. They look trashy to ME...but that's just my opinion. Worked with a guy who was high up on the food chain in the embassy. His wife was beautiful, elegant, etc....until she put on a backless dress or a short skirt and her tatoos showed.....then she looked like a stripper.

I do like tatoos on guys though.

Tazwell is offline Senior Member
    i guese because i am hispanic and swole, whenever i go out with a sleeveless shirt someone (mostly girls but a few guys) will always comment on the fact that i have NO tats.. they always say it's so uncommon to see so much clean skin on a person like me, or ask why don't i get a tatoo.

that convinced me not to get one.. the reason i wanted one was to be more of an individuall,

i'm not saying people with tats are trying to conform or fit in, obviously.. everyone gets them for different reasons..

CockedDiesel36 is offline Junior Member
    i hate when you see 50,000 people with the same tat.. if u do it, draw it yourself or have someone draw it up for you, so u know its original. i got a little tat on my back, im glad i got it,,,its fun to take the shirt off and have people say good stuff about it. also you do only live once,,and who knows how long..why not get inked?

just my 2 cents.........

Like I've said before how about a piercing??

or 2...

SexyKitty is offline Female Vet
    Why do you want to get a tattoo? If you dont know what you want but just want to have one cause they look cool then dont! It's a lot harder to remove them than it is to put them on.

I got my first tattoo when I was 15, now at almost 30, it's covered up a different tatto. I got my second tattoo at 17, now I'm getting it removed because I dont like the position anymore. I dont find it is symetrical with my most recent tattoo or the one I am planning on getting next, so the old one is gone and it;s gonna cost me a ton.

Bottom line is, taste can change. I was too young when i got mine and made stupid choices, meaningless things and were not well done. I dont regret them, I love that I did it and will keep getting them, just wish i had the foresight to realize that what i chose was great for a 15 yr old but not for a 30 yr old. Just keep these things in mine when you chose yours

DO you wish you had waited till you were older to get your first tatoos? My almost 17 yo daughter wants to get one.....a pretty big one down her back. I think she's going to regret it. Once she turns 18 there's not much I can do ... unfortunatley to stop her.

I have a friend covered in them. She's a tiny little red head. She doesn't have any place on her body that isn't covered!

Me...I'm a big baby and couldn't sit through the pain anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by SexyKitty
    Why do you want to get a tattoo? If you dont know what you want but just want to have one cause they look cool then dont! It's a lot harder to remove them than it is to put them on.

I got my first tattoo when I was 15, now at almost 30, it's covered up a different tatto. I got my second tattoo at 17, now I'm getting it removed because I dont like the position anymore. I dont find it is symetrical with my most recent tattoo or the one I am planning on getting next, so the old one is gone and it;s gonna cost me a ton.

Bottom line is, taste can change. I was too young when i got mine and made stupid choices, meaningless things and were not well done. I dont regret them, I love that I did it and will keep getting them, just wish i had the foresight to realize that what i chose was great for a 15 yr old but not for a 30 yr old. Just keep these things in mine when you chose yours

SexyKitty is offline Female Vet
    DO you wish you had waited till you were older to get your first tatoos? My almost 17 yo daughter wants to get one.....a pretty big one down her back. I think she's going to regret it. Once she turns 18 there's not much I can do ... unfortunatley to stop her.

I have a friend covered in them. She's a tiny little red head. She doesn't have any place on her body that isn't covered!

Me...I'm a big baby and couldn't sit through the pain anyway.

It's hard to say. To this day I still love tatoos in genreral, I dont think that would have changed had I waited until I was older. I know this because now at 30 I'm still always looking for my next one, and if I hadnt started at 15 it would have been 18 or 20 or whatever.

On the other hand however, as a teenager you dont know shi*t about yourself, who you are and what you want. Unless it is something that really means something to you, it's usually gonna be some stupid a$$ picture of somthing that means sh*t. She should also consider that a lot of tatoo places wont work on someone under 18 and the ones that will (like what I went to) are pretty shady and the work can be crap....i dont think shes gonna want a crap tatoo.

So to answer your question, yes I wish I had waited, only so I wouldnt have to spend the money on changing/removing what i originally chose (the one on my back will cost me a couple of thousand dollars to remove and I will be slightly scarred) since my taste/personal style/attitute has changed considerably since i was 15. Will waiting change her mind all together...maybe not. But if your daughter at not even 17 wants to get a big one down her back I say....SHE'S CRAZY! I mean, it's not gonna kill her but couldnt she at least start small and take it from there? Is she paying for it or are you? I know its gonna be hard CB, at 17 she's made up her mind as to what she wants, and probably the more you tell her othewise, the more shes gonna want to do it. What if you supported her in getting a little one first....just to get the feel for it, do you think she would go for that and appreciate that your supporting her somewhat?

I've managed to delay the piercing ... she's been bugging me for one for years...ever since I got mine. Like I said before....I love tatoos....but Im a baby. Plus...with the job Im going for next...I'll be wearing a lot of formal attire at State functions and I wouldn't want one that would show.

She wants us to go together to get one .. hmmm I think I'll have to pass! Knowing her....she already has one and won't tell me!!!

Yep that's me ... the BIG baby!!!! hehe

Quote Originally Posted by SexyKitty
    It's hard to say. To this day I still love tatoos in genreral, I dont think that would have changed had I waited until I was older. I know this because now at 30 I'm still always looking for my next one, and if I hadnt started at 15 it would have been 18 or 20 or whatever.

On the other hand however, as a teenager you dont know shi*t about yourself, who you are and what you want. Unless it is something that really means something to you, it's usually gonna be some stupid a$$ picture of somthing that means sh*t. She should also consider that a lot of tatoo places wont work on someone under 18 and the ones that will (like what I went to) are pretty shady and the work can be crap....i dont think shes gonna want a crap tatoo.

So to answer your question, yes I wish I had waited, only so I wouldnt have to spend the money on changing/removing what i originally chose (the one on my back will cost me a couple of thousand dollars to remove and I will be slightly scarred) since my taste/personal style/attitute has changed considerably since i was 15. Will waiting change her mind all together...maybe not. But if your daughter at not even 17 wants to get a big one down her back I say....SHE'S CRAZY! I mean, it's not gonna kill her but couldnt she at least start small and take it from there? Is she paying for it or are you? I know its gonna be hard CB, at 17 she's made up her mind as to what she wants, and probably the more you tell her othewise, the more shes gonna want to do it. What if you supported her in getting a little one first....just to get the feel for it, do you think she would go for that and appreciate that your supporting her somewhat?

CrazyKC is offline Associate Member
    Tattoos are definately worth it they aren't gonna mess up your definition that bad like some think.

Jerzey is offline Member
    To each their own, I love ink. I got my first when I was 16 and now I have 5 and I still like each and every one of them. I had one changed and added on to two of them.. just had my upper back done in Dec/Jan.. the biggest and my favorite, I wanted it for 3 years. I had my lower back done a few years ago. I have to be careful because of my job but mine are all where I can hide or show them. When I get done up, most of the time I won't show them and I like having them where I can do that.

All I can say is make sure you are SURE of it and get something you really want, not something off the wall you'll see on another person. Key is finding an excellent artist, not just any old tattoo guy who takes an outline and tattoos it on. My guy free handed some of my ink, drew the last two off my description..

Just be sure.

Thread Information