JP1570 is offline Senior Member

Visiting other boards

Lately I've been visiting other boards, reading up on their tips, and trying to learn something new. I think it is important that we all do this from time to time so that we don't all fall into "groupthink." Anybody agree? Anybody else have accounts at a bunch of other boards too?? Just a thought, flame away

DevilsDeity is offline Anabolic Member
    i do the same, but i visit other sites to remind me why im a member here and not on some other site

JP1570 is offline Senior Member
    BTW, this is my main board. I have like 10 posts each on all the other boards, it's just interesting at times to see what they're talking about, because a lot of them are on the same page as we are, but some are way off.

Dr.Evil is offline Retired Moderator
    traitor!

it's rare that anyone sticks to just one board. most will visit others from time to time.

daveroth is offline Banned
    I have found pretty cool people on most boards. I think most the people here seem to be alot less agressive and smart ass like some of the other boards.

As a matter of fact I got invited here by one of the administrators here.

Billy Boy is offline Retired Moderator
    I have and still do visit other boards its good to see what is around but this is home

NightOp is offline Member
    Originally posted by DevilsDeity
    i do the same, but i visit other sites to remind me why im a member here and not on some other site
    bingo... same here. In fact when I see "new member here" posts on other boards... I'm sooo tempted to PM them and say "forget this place.. come to Anabolic Review"

EXCESS is offline Retired Moderator
    I visit a few other boards but like many of you said, this is my home. Has anybody noticed that other boards have different opinions on orals? I've criticized a few harsh oral cycles (d-bol and winny together, 10+ weeks of orals, heavy dosages) and been flamed because of it. This board seems to give advice that is very health-friendly.

TNT
    TNT is offline Retired Moderator

And the count is . . . 24

I just checked my favorites/bookmarks, and I see a total of 29 fitness boards listed under my Anabolics folder, of which 24 are blatant AS-related boards. And that doesn't even count addiional boards where AS are discussed under my Health & Fitness folder.

I hardly go to the other boards these days - since becoming a mod here, it's just a matter of not enough time. But on occasion I'll check into the other boards just to see what's going on. I'm registered on all the boards on my list, but in part that is to prevent the TNT name from being used by someone else. (There is only one board on which the TNT name was already taken, so I used a different name - the only time I have ever done so. I never bothered using it until a controversial thread popped up and bigkev and I tag-teamed the author to refute his erroneous comments.) The other reason I stay registered is that here opn A.R., we occasionally reference posts from another board, so that I way I can get into the read the original.

The cool thing is that on the rare occasion I have posted on the other boards, I have always tagged my posts with the sig lines, "Just visiting, and regularly posing at anabolicreview.com." A subtle way of getting the word out.

I do have a confession to make, however . . . There is one other board that I do check out on a semi-regular basis, and it's the gay AS board. (Yes, there really is one. And don't ask me for the URL - they have a right to do their thing without beign harrassed.) I think it is absolutely cool to read the posts there because they're so classy. Kind of like, "The Queen Mum died this week, and I'm all broken up. By the way, can I drink winny?" Not really, but the week Peggy Lee died they must have had 50 tributes to her. They have a great integration of AS posts and threads on the arts (their "favorite movie" threads make the A.R. counterpart look like amateur night - where else can you find the integration of Arnold and Hamlet?), and the board has much more of an intellectual feel than the others. Seriously, while A.R. members were saying that their favorite flicks were Rocky, The Godfather, and Scarface, the guys over there were talking about Oklahoma, Les Miserables, and the stylistic changes of Sondheim over the past four decades.

But of all the boards out there, I concur with what everyone has said here - if you want the best board around, pull up a chair and get comfortable, because A.R. is the place to be.

EXCESS is offline Retired Moderator
    Another classic TNT post...keeps me coming back everytime!

justme is offline Associate Member
    I have visited other boards and found that the information is either very incorrect or being asked so a 15 year old can do a cycle. so I stick to reading here and learning from all your posts.

Thread Information