clockworks is offline Anabolic Member

Anxiety problems...

I've been having anxiety problems lately. Its especially bad when I don't have anything to do. I don't know how to describe anxiety to someone who hasn't experienced it. I feel like exploding out of my skin or like shaking my leg/foot till it falls off. It feels like I'm constantly waiting for something bad to happen.

I thought I had it because I was in a relationship that I didn't want to be in, but then it ended (the relationship) and the anxiety stayed.

It gets really bad right before I leave work and also right after I drink a protein shake. Maybe its the caffeine in the shake? They are cappuccino flavored.

Now here's the bad part. Alcohol helps a lot...and I find myself drinking a lot more than I used to.

I've been completely clean for about 2 years (supplement and sauce-wise) and clean from rec drugs for like 4-5 years.

What the h-ll is causing this? Some of my friends say its because I'm not happy with where I am in my life right now. But that can't be!! Over the past 2 years, I keep getting better and better jobs. I had a really good relationship over the past 1.5 years that didn't end bad. Now I'm kind of excited to be single again. What gives?? On paper, everything seems great.

Can anyone relate?

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    It's a form of depression maybe brutha.

I've been there!

~SC~

Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer
    I have a history of anxiety problems and I stay the **** away from coffein. One time coffe gave me such a bad anxiety attack that I was running back and forth in my apartment crying thinking I had gone nuts, afraid that it would be permanent and with a horrible feeling that something utterly terrible is going to happen.

By just drinking 1-2 cups of coffe I can feel some anxiety. So I stay away from it.

What the underlying issue is I cant say. Bad childhood? that is the thing for me.

Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat

I've been there!

~SC~
    Ouch. I've never thought of myself as being the type to be depressed. Ugh, I hope thats not it.

How was your life going when you felt like this? Like I said before, everything seems great for me. There _shouldn't_ be any reason for me to feel this way. Was it the same for you?

Quote Originally Posted by johan
    One time coffe gave me such a bad anxiety attack that I was running back and forth in my apartment crying thinking I had gone nuts, afraid that it would be permanent and with a horrible feeling that something utterly terrible is going to happen.
    Thats exactly it, man. I feel like getting up and running around for a while, like I have too much pent up energy and its making me crazy. And I have the _exact_ same thing about feeling like something terrible is going to happen.

I get it all the time with coffein. Sometimes when not taking coffein but 95% of the times it is after coffein.

Also there is another thing that can cause it. It can be something as simple as you beeing deficient in some mineral or vitamin(many mental issues can be caused my lack of one/many nutrients).

I get it all the time with coffein. Sometimes when not taking coffein but 95% of the times it is after coffein.

Also there is another thing that can cause it. It can be something as simple as you beeing deficient in some mineral or vitamin(many mental issues can be caused my lack of one/many nutrients).
    Sh-t, I have been forgetting to take my multi vitamin lately. This is completely nuts, but it feels like someone is spiking my food with something. I can't think of any other reason why this feeling started out of the blue about 3 weeks ago.

Err...maybe I can...let me think a while before posting...

RA
    RA is offline Grade A Beef
    Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat

I've been there!

~SC~

He hit it right on the head. Go see the doc. Life will seem like night and day.

I think depression can be solved decently easy.

Do you wake upp most mornings in a positive energetic mood or down and pessimsitic?

Are you generaly more pessimistic then usual?

Do you think about death/dying/suicide(not serious contemplations but are those kinds of thoughts more dominant now then usual)?

Have any of your friends or family mentioned anything about your mood lately?

before going to a doc and getting prescribed one out of a dozen CRAP ssri shit medicines try to work this out in other ways. They prescribe those meds nowdays like its candy its disgusting.

OK, 3 weeks ago I went to a tit-tay bar with the boys. First the first time ever, I actually enjoyed myself while there. Because I actually enjoyed it, I felt really guilty and thus got anxiety around my gf. She went out of town for a few weeks and I evaluated the situation. Obviously if I'm enjoying strangers' boobs in my face, I shouldn't really be in a relationship. So I broke up with her. The anxiety remains though.........

Roidattack, like a normal doc or a shrink?

RA
    RA is offline Grade A Beef
    Normal family doc, they can give you an anti depressant. Depression is a real thing, not something you can "will" your way out of.

Do you wake upp most mornings in a positive energetic mood or down and pessimsitic?
    I typically want to sleep more, but I've been like that all my life.

Are you generaly more pessimistic then usual?
    Yes, but at the same time, I'm excited about being single. I look forward to going out with people, but I hate being alone at home (where as before, I didn't mind very much).

Do you think about death/dying/suicide(not serious contemplations but are those kinds of thoughts more dominant now then usual)?
    Na, I would never do anything like that.

Have any of your friends or family mentioned anything about your mood lately?
    NO! The opposite infact. My friends think I'm a blast to hang with now.

Your are right about the meds. I believe that once you start taking meds, you're hooked for life...you won't be able to be "normal" without them.

exactly ssri meds are crazy addictive and for 90% of those that get it prescribed its not the solution. I have seen so many go on those pill. feel "happy" for 2-3 months and then its the same shit so they have to bump dosage and after a while they have to change med and it continues like that. Never dealing with the real issue.

Everything is about "chemical imbalance" nowdays not about mental health or orthomolecular medicin. EVEN SCHIZOPHRENIA can be treated with vitamins. Ohh well I will stop ranting now.

It can very well be anxiety about that thing. But are you truly happy after breaking iupp with your girl? Most guys would enjoy a titty bar single or not. Its just human nature to have lust. Not a sign of not loving your girl.

When looking back did you/do you love her?

It can very well be anxiety about that thing. But are you truly happy after breaking iupp with your girl? Most guys would enjoy a titty bar single or not. Its just human nature to have lust. Not a sign of not loving your girl.

When looking back did you/do you love her?
    I did/do love her...but I honestly think (and I hate admitting this, even now) in more of a friend kind of way. It would make me feel so good if she called me today and said that she found a great guy who makes her completely happy. She totally deserves that.

Bingo. I think the anxiety is caused by the guilt of breaking up with her. Wow, thanks Johan, this internet psychologist session has really helped. I guess I just needed to talk it out with someone.

no problem bro. Let us know incase you find out it might be because of something else. and just to be sure stay away from coffein.
    I never used to get anxiety from it but once it started I am now sensitive to it. Before that I could munch down coffein pills like candy

Thread Information