FlexOnEm is offline Banned

Credit Card Fraud and Identity theft

Say somebody takes your ID and goes to a few big department stores and runs up about 1500 total. When you file fraud at the sheriffs office do they let you see that servalance tapes to see if you can identify who did it????

Any info is greatly appreciated. Thanks

thejuiceisloose is offline Senior Member
    I don't know for sure, but hey if it's your credit card why wouldn't they let you? This should be posted in the lounge

~theJuice~

chris2wire is offline Member
    Just file with your CC company. Theyll refund the charges.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by FlexOnEm
    Say somebody takes your ID and goes to a few big department stores and runs up about 1500 total. When you file fraud at the sheriffs office do they let you see that servalance tapes to see if you can identify who did it????

I'd forget about using the stolen cards you have on hand.

A real "I.D." , meaning a picture like a driver's license or something, would be hard to use as you have to look EXACTLY like the person. So, you must mean charge cards, not I.D.

I'll move this to the LOUNGE, not the STEROID forum.

~SC~

newbrew is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    I'd forget about using the stolen cards you have on hand.

~SC~
    That is exactly the thought I had. Someone got called out.

Almost as obvious as the......

"I have a friend who has test/deca and wants to know what a good beginning cycle would be. I told him that I'd find out for him and let him know"......

U gotta love the "I have a friend" stories too.

~SC~

Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat

Almost as obvious as the......

"I have a friend who has test/deca and wants to know what a good beginning cycle would be. I told him that I'd find out for him and let him know"......

U gotta love the "I have a friend" stories too.

~SC~
    I always use the friend line when speaking of my time in a prison shower...er i mean, uhm, nevermind.

FlexOnEm is offline Banned
    Yes "I.D." it's not hard they don't check that hard. Im just tryin to find out if the person's ID that was used if they let them see the tapes of the person getting the cards in their name.

Okey dokey smokey.

~SC~

Deezuhl is offline Anabolic Member
    lets just say if you plan on using a stolen card go somewhere they dont use surveillance. Also, if your story was legitimate you wouldnt care who stole your card and ID. unles you are wanting to play MR polics occifer and bust the bad guy.The money goes right back on your card if it was legitimately stolen. happened to me for 1k and i never had to make apolice report. i called the bank and they put 1k on my card immediately and i never even heard back again.

BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member
    Not funny! I had my bank check card stolen and they ended up running my account negative up to $20,000! They deposited bogus checks into my account and than turned right around and used my card to withdraw money... so now the bank wants me to pay it all back or they've threatend to press charges against me. Luckily I know who did it and reported their asses to the Texas Rangers who are working on the case and the one detective keeps reassuring me that I am in no way going to jail for this.

Slick Arrado is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BIG TEXAN
    the one detective keeps reassuring me that I am in no way going to jail for this.

And you shouldn't.

BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Slick Arrado
    And you shouldn't.

That's what I think, but the bank keeps telling me that I'm responsible for my account being in the negative and if I don't make some kind of arrangements to pay it back they'll have no choice but tp press charges against me and prosecute.

That's what I think, but the bank keeps telling me that I'm responsible for my account being in the negative and if I don't make some kind of arrangements to pay it back they'll have no choice but tp press charges against me and prosecute.
    They cant do that. They are either stupid or just bluffing. You did no crime. You are perhaps liable for the funds. All that means is that they can either sue you are turn you over to a collection agency.

That sounds silly to me, banks (and most do) should have safe guards and/or insurance for this sort of thing. Thefts happen. As far as I am concerned, its the banks fault for not having a more secure/reliable system. They should eat it everytime until they can come up with something better.

Panzerfaust is offline Ron Paul Nuthugger
    Quote Originally Posted by FlexOnEm

First off, your question does not sound like a legit situation but sounds like you are fishing for info to possibly commit credit card fraud?

Anyway, i used to be an Investigative Analyst for a Visa/Mastercard processor.

First off you would want to keep all your documents showing the "fraud" charge and contact your credit card company and advise them of the fraudulent charge/s, they will send you some documents to sign to get the ball rolling on what is called a "chargeback".

What they are looking for is a "signed/swiped sales draft" and if it is found to have your signature you will encure the charge but if it is found not to be your signature than you will more than likely win the "chargeback" case and the amount will be refunded to your card and the place of buisness will eat the charge plus most likely lose the merchandise that was fraudulently purchased.

Its as simple as that!
    Last edited by Panzerfaust; 06-30-2005 at 10:29 PM.

Deezuhl is offline Anabolic Member
    tell them next time they call you harrassing you that you are calling your attorney and pressing charges for harrassment. either they need to send the cops to arrest you or resolve the situation with the merchants that accepted the debit charges.

Thread Information