Dally is offline The Dally Lama

I wonder if big doses of glutamine will help before a night of getting FUKIN TRASHED!

well, not trashed but, you know. DRUNK.

I mean if its so good at holding water in the cell maybe its good for recovery of a night of drinking. I'm gonna test it out this thursday. I haven't boozed it up in 2 weeks and that for me.... is well, pretty good.

What are the Benefits of L-Glutamine Supplementation?
    Many research studies have shown that supplementation with L-Glutamine can achieve the following:

Increased Protein Synthesis: (Muscle Building) - Glutamine has been clearly linked to increased protein synthesis. It spares the muscle tissue being catabolized (see below) in order to provide glutamine for other cells in the body, therefore allowing the muscle tissue to use glutamine to synthesize new protein tissue.
    Decreased Catabolism (The Breakdown Of Muscle Tissue) Catabolism occurs when Glutamine leaves the muscle causing the cells discharge water and become dehydrated. L-Glutamine supplementation ensures that high levels of Glutamine are maintained within the cells meaning no discharge of water or Catabolism.
    Prevent Glutamine depletion in muscles after workouts. Under periods of stress, including hard and intensive workouts, your body may not be able to make all of the Glutamine that it requires. Studies have shown that supplementing with L-glutamine is effective in the replacement of these declining levels.
    Elevate Growth Hormone levels. It has been proven that L-Glutamine supplementation can have a positive effect on growth hormone levels. A recent study has showed that a small 2 gram oral dose of L-Glutamine caused an increase in growth hormone levels by over 430%.

Bigen12 is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Dally
    well, not trashed but, you know. DRUNK.

I mean if its so good at holding water in the cell maybe its good for recovery of a night of drinking. I'm gonna test it out this thursday. I haven't boozed it up in 2 weeks and that for me.... is well, pretty good.

What are the Benefits of L-Glutamine Supplementation?
    Many research studies have shown that supplementation with L-Glutamine can achieve the following:

Increased Protein Synthesis: (Muscle Building) - Glutamine has been clearly linked to increased protein synthesis. It spares the muscle tissue being catabolized (see below) in order to provide glutamine for other cells in the body, therefore allowing the muscle tissue to use glutamine to synthesize new protein tissue.
    Decreased Catabolism (The Breakdown Of Muscle Tissue) Catabolism occurs when Glutamine leaves the muscle causing the cells discharge water and become dehydrated. L-Glutamine supplementation ensures that high levels of Glutamine are maintained within the cells meaning no discharge of water or Catabolism.
    Prevent Glutamine depletion in muscles after workouts. Under periods of stress, including hard and intensive workouts, your body may not be able to make all of the Glutamine that it requires. Studies have shown that supplementing with L-glutamine is effective in the replacement of these declining levels.
    Elevate Growth Hormone levels. It has been proven that L-Glutamine supplementation can have a positive effect on growth hormone levels. A recent study has showed that a small 2 gram oral dose of L-Glutamine caused an increase in growth hormone levels by over 430%.
    I can say that it helps me, by eliminating cramps in my legs at night.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    I make it a habit to NOT get trashed.

Just doesn't mix well w/my body anymore.

I suffer for days upon days, and that works against my goals.

I just respect my body too much to do that.

~SC~

SHAOKAHN is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat

~SC~

Agreed, good buz yes, never drunk. Used to, now that I'm getting older almost 30...

MatrixGuy is offline Good things come to those who wait

~SC~
    When was the last time you drank alcohol?

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    I actually had 3 shots of Vodka on Saturday night while up north staying in a very nice hotel, working from my room, while my woman was taking her BCLAD exam. I felt a slight buzz/tingle, and it was my "full" cheat day, so that was "acceptable" to me.

Getting "trashed" to for me is having an entire bottle of Bacardi 151 within a matter of 3-4 hours.

~SC~

Bigen12 is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Getting "trashed" to for me is having an entire bottle of Bacardi 151 within a matter of 3-4 hours.

~SC~

That would do it....

HeavyHitter is offline Anabolic Member
    Defly keep us posted bruva.... this could defly help me out as well!!

Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer
    I think making sure you get plenty of vitamins and minerals while beeing thrased would be alot more important. mix liquid multi vit/mineral with oj and drink during the night. also if you want glutamine its cheaper just to down a few protein shakes during the evening.

FinaGuy is offline Associate Member
    well i havnt drank in like 3 months since ive been on cycle, and im still on but i drakn the past 2 weekends both sat.

and b4 i went out i took about 2 heaping spoon fulls and out it in oj b4 i went out just for my own sence...incase of a catablic state or anything plsu i feel like a skinny bitch when i wake up, and i always feel like i lose muscle but its prob casue i have no water in my body... but keep us posted

but to my knoledge doesnt help hangovers by far lol

WildCh1ld is offline Banned

~SC~

I hope to one day think like you Swole I just have a nasty drinking habit that always creeps up on me.........
    Last edited by WildCh1ld; 06-29-2005 at 11:31 AM.

punchrf is offline Anabolic Member
    i think you would be better off getting chaser pills. i got some at rite-aid and they helped my hangover tremendously in the morning. didn't get totally rid of it though, i did still a little fuzzy but should have been stuck on the couch the whole next day.

It's funny Dally when I'm on I'm very disciplined but when it comes to being off, I look for it more then usual...

dont get me wrong SC, I hear ya, thats your business, I dont drink at work! thats for fukin sure.

but, on the weekends, and like I said I haven't for the last 2 I drink, I usually drink about 15 singles and a few doubles.... I know.

I have a problem, I'm like a binge drinker, I can't tell you how hard it is to hang out with my boyz and not booze it up....well, I'm SURE you understand and are just better at the booze disicipline than I.

but, I do love and treat my body VERY well, in all other respects, this is just to try and help me help myself get to or at least figure out my path to body happiness.

I'm gonna do both Johan, I'm gonna do some oj and glutamine and then after boozin for abit then a couple protein shakes and when I get home a couple V8's....

we'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by WILDCH1LD
    I hope do one day think like you Swole I just have a nasty drinking habit that always creeps up on me.........
    its funny how those drinking nights sneak up and bite you in the ass. seems to happen to me almost every weekend no matter how hard i try to stay away from them. i have my stages where it'll be every weekend, then it'll be only on thursdays, then i won't drink for 6 months. i don't have a very good pattern going.
    Last edited by punchrf; 06-29-2005 at 11:32 AM.

sounds like a good plan get a few solid meals in you to. No need to be concerned about carbs and fat and shit when drinking since alcohole is stuffed with kcal anyway so get a nice burger or something.

carbs are very anti catabolic!

hmmm carbs ya say? like FUKIN LASAGNA !!! MMMMeaty lasagna!!!

ohhH YES... cannelonies...mmmm

also, lets keep in mind that the amount I drink is because of course I've been accustomed to it over time, I mean 3 shots for me may not even effect me, I'd love to see SC on my booze regimen!

ahhahah

yah... well, no actually cause I'd see all the food he ate for the last days ....

Quote Originally Posted by johan
    sounds like a good plan get a few solid meals in you to. No need to be concerned about carbs and fat and shit when drinking since alcohole is stuffed with kcal anyway so get a nice burger or something.

carbs are very anti catabolic!
    you guys are killing me. i can't wait till the weekend, some beers, burgers and steaks. gots to barbecue this weekend now.

**** yeah lasagna or anything else

when I drink(I usualy down a 750cl bottle of absolute during a night)I always eat alot, drink a few shakes and get plenty of oj in me. I am never hungover and I can workout 2 days after the drinking night without noticing that I ever was drunk.

Quote Originally Posted by johan
    **** yeah lasagna or anything else

when I drink(I usualy down a 750cl bottle of absolute during a night)I always eat alot, drink a few shakes and get plenty of oj in me. I am never hungover and I can workout 2 days after the drinking night without noticing that I ever was drunk.

I'm trying this!!

My B-day is coming up soon and I shall be....

Panzerfaust is offline Ron Paul Nuthugger
    Getting "trashed" to for me is having an entire bottle of Bacardi 151 within a matter of 3-4 hours. ~SC~
    3-4 hours? I have been drinking a bottle a night since moving to Texas and also being unemployed the whole time, takes me about an hour to drink the last drop.

hey dally, did the glutamine help or no? curious to see if it had any effect.

IronFreakX is offline Banned
    glutamine makes me horny...

Quote Originally Posted by IronFreakX
    glutamine makes me horny...
    strange, but at least it's a good thing.

IronFreakX is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by punchrf
    strange, but at least it's a good thing.
    want some protein...? jk

i wanna up the dose like 20-30grams a day

didnt do a GATDAMN thing!!....

only because I fukin FORGOT TO TAKE IT after a few drinks!!!

(on a side note tho I did drink some when I got home at 6am and had about 3 v8's and that seemed to help a wee bit yes.... I could move around alot sooner than normal)

not this weekend but next, I wont forget and do it properly, I think there may be some promise there.

Thread Information