Defconx3 is offline Member

The Stupid Things You've Done With Fireworks Thread!

Ok you guys, in honor of the 4th of July this is the "Stupid Things You've Done With Fireworks" thread. We all have done some pretty stupid things with fireworks and i'd like to have a thread where we can all share our idiotic stories.

I'll start it off. One day a Bro comes up to my house with a smile on his face. I looked down at his hand and saw a nice m-80. He then told me that it was not "any ordinary m-80" and it was infact a homemade m-80 with much more flash powder (the explosive part of it) then normal m-80's. It had 5-8 times the explosives normal mexico m-80's do. So of course we both came up with a brilliant plan.

I had a heleum tank out back and some balloons sitting around so we blew up 10 balloons and and attached them to the m-80. Our plan was to light it, let it fly up into the sky where it would be even louder, then BOOOOM! However it didn't work out that way. When we lit it and let it go, one of the balloons popped from the sparks comming from the fuse.

Quickly we ran to the window in the front of my house and watched as the balloon bomb floated head-high all the way down the street until getting caught in a neighbor's tree down the street. Some curious neighbor saw the whole thing and was watching it from about 30 feet away. Just as he let he began walking to this mysterious bundle of balloons and got about 25 feet from it..

BOOOOOOOOOOOOMM!!!

Dear god that was a loud m-80. Rattled my windows and you could feel the concussion in the ground. Luckilly no one was hurt but the neighbor looked pretty pissed off.

Lets hear your guys'

1819 is offline Senior Member
    grade 5 or 6. first day of midget football practice. had some firecrakers left over from the 4th. some went off in my hand and burned it up pretty good. didnt want to tell mom cause i wasnt supposed to be playin with them and i was afraid she wouldnt let me play football. went to practice and it was the worst pain of my young life. longest 2 hours ever. after practice i showed it to my mother and said i got stepped on by a cleate. well mom is no doctor but she's no idiot either. got grounded and missed a week of football anyway. should have told her and saved myself the pain. live and learn. i never forgot that day.

IronFreakX is offline Banned
    threw one in a guys car for fun he ended up with a bloody face....
    did smth like that again and ended up almost blinding a guy......
    and killed a cat....
    all of them accidents tho....

hellapimpin is offline Anabolic Member
    put a blackcat in my mouth and lite it...held it with teeth but still stung..2 min later it began to hurt. we also used to have battles where we would hold blackcats in our hand and blow em up with our hands clinched, to see who could take it the most.. will never do that shit again..talk about not being able to close your hands because of giant blisters all over them.. i was like 8. and my dad smacked da shiet out of me for it.

3Vandoo is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    We stole all the city woods (for the big fire camp) then we emptied 10 gallons of gas on it and we fired on the logs with the fireworks

ScreaM is offline Associate Member
    haha, alright, it was my sophomore year in highschool. My friend and I wrapped 6 picolo petes on duct tape, tight, and beat them with a hammer. we then put all of them in one 1 two liter bottle. We put a whole in the cap so we could light in of the fuses. We set it at the end a our cul-de-sac, and lit it and fan as fast as I could. And oh god! It was the biggest concussion I have ever felt, the bottle flew honestly 50 years, it set if car alarms 2 blocks away, wow, those were good times!

BG
    BG is offline The Real Deal - AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    I just let off a 4 inch mortar, and it shot out the tube just as I lit it, head still ringing.

WildCh1ld is offline Banned
    I scared a cat................4 ever..

hellapimpin is offline Anabolic Member
    Just got back from PIco Rivera.. dang that neighborhood was all outside and dropped nearly 120,000 in fireworx..never seen anything like it... mortars were awsome..m1000, everything..cops came 3 times.. last time it was a sheriff and he busted a group of like 60 of us about to set off some illegals..he was like just let me pass and get it over with..was awsome..4 hours nonstop fireworx!!! not to mention i im buzzed to hell from coronas!!!!

MilitiaGuy is offline Banned
    I was 12 and I managed to penerate one of those burning fireworks missile into a closed tires shop from the bottom of the metal door and a small gazolin container exploded inside the shop then all the ppl gathered and start spraying water the good is no body knew it was me.

S.P.G is offline AR Workout Scientist

gixxer600 is offline Member
    I've done some pretty stupid things like Roman Candle fights ...etc. But the worse thing wasn't what I did but what I saw. I was in Myrtle Beach a few years back just chillin out, and it was a pretty windy night. A group of about 5 guys come out on the beach with some sort of HUGE firework. I didn't know what it was. They're all trying to light this thing but could'nt because it was so windy. So another guy comes running out of the hotel with a bed sheet. All 5 of them put this sheet over their heads and squatted over the firecracker. Then all of a sudden......BOOM!.... a few colorful flashes and I watched as they ran off. One guy wasnt so lucky. The sheet caught on fire and got wrapped on top of him. I never seen anyone run for the water that quickly in my life!!! What a bunch of dumbasses!

CrossroadS is offline Associate Member
    Plot: Characters intend to have fun setting 2 year old pine trees afire with mortar shells fired from a pvc contraption fired from the shoulder. One of the more inexperienced with fireworks loads the device wrong, and hell breaks loose.

Characters:

Myself
    Chief of Police's son (inexperienced one)
    Fire Chief's son
    Disaster prevention Coordinator for local chemical plant's son

Setting: local property, around 500 acres or so, with young pine trees planted in a 10 foot by 10 foot grid. A large Hill around 40 feet high or so dead center of the property. Grass is about waist high. Property is surrounded by a thin strip of woods, and then neighborhoods.

Moral: Karma is a bitch

Story:

The four of us decided that shooting mortar shells straight in the air is no fun. Neither is throwing them randomly. So we decide to build a shoulder mounted mortar launch. We patriotically named it "the anthem". It stood around 5 feet long, made of 2" pvc pipe, and had makeshift open sights on top. Once accustomed to it, it was accurate to within about 15 to 20 feet at 100 yards. We had a few hundred mortars, and had only shot about 50 or so getting used the the gun. The pine trees explode into flames when hit directly. This effect takes about 2 minutes, but is fun to watch. Well it was when i was 14. After everyone takes their turns shooting, it is fire chief's son's turn. He mounts the anthem on his shoulder, picks his victim, and police chief's son loads the mortar and lights it. The burn time on the fuses is about 5-7 seconds. At the end of this time, the intial "boom" that accompanies the mortar being launched in the air is not heard. Instead, a loud pop, and burst of sparks exits the end of the anthem. Fire Chief's son lowers the gun to his waist. The mortar explodes. Everyone hits the deck. Shards of pvc and fireballs and unknown mushy particles fly in all directions. After everyone stood up, Fire Chief's son is running around screaming, pressing his hands against his shirt. We calm him down into words, and identify the mushy substance as burnt flesh that was ripped from his hands by the blast. He has no skin left on the insides of his hands, and third degree burns on the backs of his hands and wrists. When the anthem is loaded, the mortar sits right where you hold the gun against your shoulder. He was lucky to move it to his waist before it exploded as he would have burnt his face and possibly blew his eardrum. We now have a 14 year old kid screaming at another for blowing his hands up. It turns out the mortar was loaded backwards in juvenile impatience. As if this situation isn't bad enough, the field suddenly catches fire, and is quickly surrounding us. we leave all belongings behind, i hoist fire chief's son over my shoulder ( he was a runt) and begin our trek to the front of the property to escape. We are met by Fire Chief, and shortly after, Police chief, who were called to the scene to put out the fire, and find the source. The boy is rushed to the hospital, and skin grafts are performed. He has fully recovered with minimal scarring. We cost the landowner thousands of dollars as almost half of the property was burnt to nothing. He graciously agreed to let us off by planting all the new trees by hand. It is funny to think with that much background information from our families on the consequences of what we were doing, we still managed to pull something like that off. My most memorable 4th of july to date. I can still smell the burnt flesh stuck to my face, and see the field burning behind me and the huge cloud of smoke. We were lucky to keep it out of the local newspapers and such as that might have hurt our familie's reps in the community. Oh well, it was fun.

needmorestrength is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by S.P.G
    Thats just plain stupid.. fcukin idiots

needmorestrength is offline Anabolic Member
    Hmmm you had to start this thread.....
    1. I was about 12.. There was a fire ban at all campgrounds.. So I figured that didnt include fireworks.. I attached one of those spin wheels (you put them on a fence or a wooden surface, then light them and they spin around).. Well it caught the grass on fire which caught the fence on fire which proceded to catch a whole bunch of other stuff on fire. The camp ground was evacuated ...
    2. When I was 15 I thought it would be funny to fill a beer bottle full of racing fuel (from the boats) and throw it in the fire.. It exploded and caught our friends trailer on fire.
    3. All these bad things happen camping. I was about 9, mom said no fire crackers.. So I hide them in the fire pit which had wood in it.. We all went to the beach. I figured I would be back before anyone else light the fire, I was wrong. Everyone almost had a heart attack and a whole brick went off.
    4. When I was 17 I had the house to myself.. We were having a roman candle fight, well I shot one and it went over the fence and into the neighbours porche and singed his fancy rug.. grouchy bastard.
    theres a coule others but thats enough lol

punchrf is offline Anabolic Member
    i was in the sand dunes when i was 19 and my friends and i were all drinking and having a good time. one of us decided it would be fun to snipe the others out there with bottle rockets. i don't really remember much of the bottle rocket war but i do remember some pissed off people wanting to fight us and i had black marks in a few places on my body from getting hit when i woke up. that was probably one of the more stupid ideas my friends and i had thought up. some girl that was with us still hates me to this day, but it was all worth it to see a black mark on the side of her neck from getting hit. she was a bitch anyways.

Slick Arrado is offline Member
    Back in high school, my brother and I decided to "get rid" of our leftover fireworks. It was September and we decided to take our Dad's car out and drop off the 'works. My bro lights a freakin huge strand of Black-Cats, but the dummy forgot to roll down the window first!! He tosses the strand out the window but it bounced back onto his lap. He then threw it on the floor-board between us. We tried to get out of the car quickly, yes we discovered real-fast that it was still running, but we couldn't get our seatbelts off in time. So we're "hanging" outside the car with the doors open, and seatbelts still attached, walking with the car as the 'works were going off. Needless to say it messed up the interior pretty bad. Plus, we had black marks on the back of our new(at the time)Mossimo shirts!! That was the real bad news.

Yes, we got the crap beat out of us for that one.

fitnessNY is offline Senior Member
    I had a pineapple -- a larger version of a M-80. I was a freshman in HS. I pulled the filter off of a cigarrette and lit it, then placed the other end on the fuse of the pineapple, then placed it in the corner of the hall way. About 10 minutes later --- KABOOM...

S.P.G is offline AR Workout Scientist
    Quote Originally Posted by needmorestrength
    Thats just plain stupid.. fcukin idiots
    I no what you mean, I spent some time after watching this thinking to my self WHY….just why retards!!

Thread Information