Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    ripped_82 is offline Member
    The lowest bf I have gotten down to was 6%. I agree that it is all about diet. Dont get me wrong I used some clen and ECA, but unless you diet correctly all the T3 and clen in the world wont get you down to that low bf. And ya I felt like shit most of the time, light headed, pale, and did not sleep much. This was my diet.
    1600cals at most, 240grms of protein, 140carbs, 15grms of fat. Cardio was 1hour 4days a week, where I burned between 800-1000cals. Another major thing I hate about leaning out to that extent is I found that my strength went down drastically.

theron is offline Associate Member
    Would you beleive that most people in the gym has a average of 15 to 20% bodyfat?

Commander_Bash is offline Junior Member
    when ronnie coleman was on jay leno he told him he got his bodyfat down to .3333 and in the offseason no higher then 5% do you believe that?

Billmister is offline Member
    wow you have a great shape and body size... that's my goal... lookin at those pics get me motivated to keep lifting... you look great big kev

latman49 is offline Member
    Originally posted by superbeast

Sorry, but this is a ridiculous statement. Pro caliber level is in the high 3 to 4 level. Calipers are only as good as the person using them and the system and the formula being used. Anything under 8% and hydrostatic weighing becomes very erratic and inaccurate. I take bodyfat with calipers all the time, on other people. If you're using a system that is any good, you won't be able to do it on yourself. I have even taken bodyfat with calipers on a person just before they were hydrostatically weighed and there was only .5% difference.
    The problem with calipers is they don't measure intra-muscular fat. Hydrostatic does. If you read Arnold's encyclopedia, you will read where he basically says the same thing as bigkev. 3 or 4 % of true BF is impossible. Arnold even goes as far as saying that some Pro BB's compete as high as 12% and looked ripped and huge, because about 8% of that fat is in the muscle. I will trust what The Oak says any day.

Kid Shred is offline Member
    Originally posted by Commander_Bash
    when ronnie coleman was on jay leno he told him he got his bodyfat down to .3333 and in the offseason no higher then 5% do you believe that?
    Ain't no way no how , I'm not sure the exact percentage but I know when you start gettin' under 3'ish% it starts pulling fat from internal organs.I'll try and find the source of this dat.

Didn't he also say he was 100& natural on the JayL show?

bigkev is offline Scamming Traitor
    big ron is the man, numero uno, mr o. but, on this i think we can all agree, 5%bf year round? uh unh! no way daddy-o
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Who here has been 5% bodyfat or less?-rc04go.jpg  

latman49 is offline Member
    I'm looking at a M&F right now that says he is 315 in the off season and 260 competition. IF he really was .3333 during competition and 5% in off season, he would have 259.13 lbs of lean muscle with .87 lbs of BF(Yeah right). In the off season he would add 39.12 lbs of muscle and 15. 88 lbs of fat. THAT is one mean bulking cycle!

Dr. Derek is offline Member
    Following the SB and BK discussion, I tend to agree more with BK, I have competed numerous times and have been down to 4% once, and a swear that I was nearly dead. I could not think, I passed out back stage it was horrible. I'm sure that the diuretics had something to do with it as well, several judges that told me that they had never seen a ameatur BB that lean before. So to carry 6 to 8 % in the offseason consistantly I find hard to do. I have personally only known a few people in the 15 or so years I've been around that carry that or less in the offseason and one was Andreas Munzer and hes dead now. So kudos to SB and BK, they both carry very low offseason BF % and they both look great. My hats off to you guys, because I carry about 15 % in the Offseason Good Job Guys

bigkev is offline Scamming Traitor
    i am sure my body fat gets to about 13% at times. it used to be 15 % consistently in the off season but i find as i get older i stay leaner. i eat more inteligently now than i used to and that i am sure has something to do with it. i am currently throwing caution to the wind and eating everything in site in a quest to add as much mass as possible by july, so hopefully things will go the way i plan, and i know my bf% will rise.

superbeast is offline Member
    Originally posted by latman49

The problem with calipers is they don't measure intra-muscular fat. Hydrostatic does. If you read Arnold's encyclopedia, you will read where he basically says the same thing as bigkev. 3 or 4 % of true BF is impossible. Arnold even goes as far as saying that some Pro BB's compete as high as 12% and looked ripped and huge, because about 8% of that fat is in the muscle. I will trust what The Oak says any day.
    First of all, a good formula for bodyfat done with calipers, takes into account the internal fats, both intramuscular and that surrounding the organs. The formula should be calibrated to give results similar to that of hydrostatic weighing.

Secondly, who gives a sh*t about intramuscular fat? The idea is to be lean so that you can see your muscles. Nobody looks at somebody and says, "I bet he has very little intramuscular fat." Nobody has ever one a contest because they had low intramuscular fat.

As for the Oak, I love him but he is no scientist.

silverfox is offline Retired Moderator
    Who gives a shit about the numbers, it's how you look, some guys look super ripped at 8 other need to go lower... but really measuring only lets you know your heading in right or wrong direction.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information