Thread: Batman Begins

nsa
    nsa is offline King of Supplements

Batman Begins

I saw it today at an IMAX theatre in NY. All i can say is that its easily the best batman movie i have ever seen, especially amazing in IMAX. Just a badass movie.

mark956101957 is offline Anabolic Member
    Its getting great reviews can't wait to see it.

nsa
    Story is good, action is good, bat cave is cool, bat mobile is sick and the bat toys are dope, just a bad ass movie in general.

lucabratzi is offline Anabolic Member
    just saw it. i thought it was pretty sick, it just felt a lil drawn out. alot of good scenes though

nsa
    Quote Originally Posted by lucabratzi
    just saw it. i thought it was pretty sick, it just felt a lil drawn out. alot of good scenes though
    I liked the story alot better than any of the other batman movies.

zOaib is offline VET
    I AM SOOO THERE !

kman is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by nsa
    I saw it today at an IMAX theatre in NY. All i can say is that its easily the best batman movie i have ever seen, especially amazing in IMAX. Just a badass movie.
    Yo did you go to the Imax in west nyack n.y. thought I saw a big ass meathead there, besides myself

anaBROLIC is offline Only The Strong Survive
    the first batman was the only one ive ever seen.

nsa
    Quote Originally Posted by kman
    Yo did you go to the Imax in west nyack n.y. thought I saw a big ass meathead there, besides myself
    Yeah i did at Palisades, i was at the 1:15 show. I wouldn't have looked like a meathead though, i was dressed nice and with my asian girlfriend...

anaBROLIC is offline Only The Strong Survive
    i have an asian frien that lives in w nyack.. not female tho.

MatrixGuy is offline Good things come to those who wait
    Who plays batman in this one?

MASTER is offline "I Own You"
    Christian Bale

gixxer600 is offline Member
    Sorry bros, but I have to totally disagree. Very disappointing. Maybe I went to see it with high expectations, but I feel asleep during the movie twice. I haven't ever done that before in a movie. I was too long, first of all, and Christian Bale was the worst batman I have ever seen. What was with his voice when he was in costume?? Really retarded. Quite the lacking movie in my opinion. They have to stop making prequals all together. The last Star Wars wasn't all that impressive either. Whats next? Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles?

nsa
    Quote Originally Posted by gixxer600
    Sorry bros, but I have to totally disagree. Very disappointing. Maybe I went to see it with high expectations, but I feel asleep during the movie twice. I haven't ever done that before in a movie. I was too long, first of all, and Christian Bale was the worst batman I have ever seen. What was with his voice when he was in costume?? Really retarded. Quite the lacking movie in my opinion. They have to stop making prequals all together. The last Star Wars wasn't all that impressive either. Whats next? Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles?
    Are you serious? They always alter the voice when he's in costume, they did the same thing for all the other batman movies. And you thought the last star wars sucked??? I'm sorry but i must have a completely different view of movies than you...

HeavyHitter is offline Anabolic Member
    who are the bad guys....

nsa
    Scarecrow and Riz Al Goon...

actually i think Indiana Jones is next.... cant wait!!

Scarecrow...
    was he cool!! I only ask b/c i was so looking foward to Star Wars bad guys... but they all sucked ass!!

nsa
    Actually the other guy is Ra's Al Ghul, not Riz Al Goon. LOL

Giantz11 is offline Respected Member
    Going to see it this Sat at the palisades mall myself....Bought tickets like 2 weeks ago....The only thing I'm worried about is my life might not have much meaning after that movie is over....lol, guess I'll have to wait till the sequel!

nsa
    Yeah, the sequel should be sick too.

Don't know how big of a batman fan you are bu they could pretty much go on forever with villans.....they shoud def redo all the previous ones....christian bale is young too so he could prolly be batman for like the next 10 years! it about time the did this comic right!

nsa
    I'm not a big batman fan actually, but the movie was cool and def better than any of the other batman movies. It was dark like the first one, but more badass/vengeful.

kman is offline Anabolic Member
    just got it on dvd, decent quality, goin watch it next time it rains.....

GREENMACHINE is offline Are you green enough?
    Sounds good.

stocky121 is offline VET~ Recognized Staff Winner - $100
    carn't wait to see it

SHAOKAHN is offline Member
    I remember when the first one came out, it was such a fresh new movie very groundbreaking, def changed films from then on.

nsa
    Has anyone else seen it yet?

SexyKitty is offline Female Vet
    Saw it last night. I thought it was pretty slow at first, dialogue was TERRIBLE! But once the story got going I thought it was pretty good overall, liked it better than the other batman movies, better story anyway. Scarecrow was a pretty freaky villain. I think Katie Holmes sucked though, should have picked a different actress for that part.

MatrixGuy is offline Good things come to those who wait
    Quote Originally Posted by stocky121
    carn't wait to see it
    Do they have cinema's round you stocky?
    I think the best Batman was when Micheal Keaton did it He just had the whole batman thing going on IMO.
    I will probably see it though as the special effects look amazing and i have always been abit of a bat fan

nsa
    IMO bale has it all over keaton as batman, he can look classy as bruce and still fit the part when he's fighting.

Psychotron is offline Anabolic Member
    Ya, I thought it was great. That actor has done a great job in every movie I have ever seen him. While I think keaton was the best batman, this guy did a tremendous job, he even tried to imitate keaton's batman voice.

Btw, Jack Nicholson makes like 30% of all profit from every piece of batman related sales. that was part of his contract from the first batman. lol
    Last edited by Psychotron; 06-19-2005 at 02:12 PM.

nsa
    I think they had effects on his voice when he was in the batman costume...

Carlos_E is offline National Level Bodybuilder/Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    I am a comic book fan and this Batman was the only one that really stuck to the origin of the character. I think it's by far the best Batman movie and an entertaining movie in general.

Carlos_E is offline National Level Bodybuilder/Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    Quote Originally Posted by SexyKitty
    I think Katie Holmes sucked though, should have picked a different actress for that part.
    I agree. Would have been much better with a hotter actress. She's too plain.

I agree. Would have been much better with a hotter actress. She's too plain.
    I agree as well, that is the ONLY thing I can find with that movie....Other than that it was simply an amzing movie!

nsa
    Yeah i agree about Katie Holmes and she needs to fix her teeth, they look horrid...

map200uk is offline Anabolic Member
    my friend from uni is in it as an extra he plays one of the tramps

clockworks is offline Anabolic Member
    This movie is awesome. The first time I saw it, I was overly critical. I had kept hearing what a good movie it was and thus had extremely high expectations. Here are the things I didn't like about it the first time around:

* I wanted it to be a tad bit more realistic (mostly regarding the fight sequences).
    * I didn't like a lot of the one liners that some of the supporting characters had (although I thought all of Bale's lines were great...and delivered perfectly).
    * I didn't like having my intelligence insulted. What I mean is that at the end, like three characters fully explain the plot to the audience...as if we haven't been paying attention for the entire movie.
    * I thought the tumbler was too unrealistic (but I later realized that it actually can jump 40 feet without a ramp in real life).

When I saw the movie for a second time, I went into it being more aware that its a comic book movie. I didn't so much pay attention to the action as I did the story, and I tried to read more into all the underlying themes (fear, symbols, humanity of Batman/Bruce). Then it was awesome. Other comic book movies attempt to delve into the psyche of the character to reveal something about the hero, but none pull it off like Batman Begins.

Thread Information