Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    hellapimpin is offline Anabolic Member
    thought so..you were referenced on other sites from sources....pretty cool, i have a question to MODS..When you guys joined these sites...what was your intentions? for knowledge, status on boards? what i mean is, when you joined these boards were you already knowledgable or started like most of us here.?? ..to continue that question, start with little knowledge and became infatuated to the point you learned as much about this stuff as you could and then recognition came afterwards??

Quote Originally Posted by hooker
    Well...yeah, actually, the owner of the site knew who I was and had read some of my profiles...originally, when he was looking for writers, some of the links he gave them for ideas on how to write profiles were links to my (old) work. My first post here was made a sticky, also.

I was a mod on Triedia about 4-5 years ago, and a Mod on SynergyMuscle as well a mod (or Admin?) on BB4L.

Vette was a member of Triedia and is still a member of BB4L, and I believe he convinced the owner of this site to make me a mod unilaterally.

bigtwin is offline Associate Member
    i want to know how to become a mod also, by # of posts or someone makes you one.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Someone makes you one. Mods get their heads together when/if new mods are needed, and they choose who is reputable, honest, helpful, well known to some extent, etc.

~SC~

abstrack is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by ttuprincess
    HEY HEYE HEY!!!!!! back off... i resent that remark! ... or is it represent that remark?? oh well whatever
    Is a vet and a mod the same for the female forum? i dont know since I dont have access to that forum
    abstrack@protonmail.com

abstrack is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    Someone makes you one. Mods get their heads together when/if new mods are needed, and they choose who is reputable, honest, helpful, well known to some extent, etc.

~SC~
    yeah, Vette is known real well from what I hear

abstrack@protonmail.com

MBaraso is offline Retired Mod
    Quote Originally Posted by abstrack
    Is a vet and a mod the same for the female forum? i dont know since I dont have access to that forum
    Why wouldn't u have access to that forum?

956Vette is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MBaraso
    Why wouldn't u have access to that forum?
    ...well, you dont have access either MB

Rob
    Rob is offline Canadian Legend
    this is how to become a mod
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails how do you become a mod?-brownnose.jpg  

MBaraso is offline Retired Mod
    Quote Originally Posted by 956Vette
    ...well, you dont have access either MB
    Yes I do..I think?

Quote Originally Posted by ttuprincess
    and your mine... so dont be getting cocky lol
    Hmmm.....

BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 956Vette
    Brian runs the show...but he is still my bitch
    Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!! The heat out there must be getting to ya... next time wear a hat while in the sun cause it's frying your brain. Someone being "your" bitch..... hahahahahahha!!! :P

Quote Originally Posted by bigtwin
    i want to know how to become a mod also, by # of posts or someone makes you one.

Not by number of posts. Sometimes Mods/Smods make suggestions in the mod forum and stuff.....

I suppose, it can be said that "someone makes you one"...but...really, you make yourself one...we just confirm it.

I think the motif we're going for, in terms of new mods, is knowledge....AAS, training, diet, etc....an abundance of knowledge in any of those areas, a reasonable amount of activity (post-wise) and you're name comes up to be a mod. Frankly, I'm of the opinion that we need more, currently.

When the political Smods left here, the politically appointed mod-spots left too. We're all about knowledge, in terms of what we want out of our staff, and 1 post or 100,000 posts is enough if you know your shit.

bmf2 is offline Elite Female - AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by hooker
    Not by number of posts. Sometimes Mods/Smods make suggestions in the mod forum and stuff.....

I suppose, it can be said that "someone makes you one"...but...really, you make yourself one...we just confirm it.

I think the motif we're going for, in terms of new mods, is knowledge....AAS, training, diet, etc....an abundance of knowledge in any of those areas, a reasonable amount of activity (post-wise) and you're name comes up to be a mod. Frankly, I'm of the opinion that we need more, currently.

When the political Smods left here, the politically appointed mod-spots left too. We're all about knowledge, in terms of what we want out of our staff, and 1 post or 100,000 posts is enough if you know your shit.

Very well put indeed....

I just got the job because I'm beautiful.

~SC~

Quote Originally Posted by hellapimpin
    thought so..you were referenced on other sites from sources....pretty cool, i have a question to MODS..When you guys joined these sites...what was your intentions? for knowledge, status on boards? what i mean is, when you joined these boards were you already knowledgable or started like most of us here.?? ..to continue that question, start with little knowledge and became infatuated to the point you learned as much about this stuff as you could and then recognition came afterwards??
    I don't follow the part in red? Other sites from sources?

Anyway, I guess I joined the boards to ask questions. I used the boards for questions and sourcechecks, mainly. I guess I read enough to answer the occasional question....then I had a few posts I made into stickies by the board staff on Triedia...then I was made a mod there..etc...

When I came to the boards at 21 or so...I'd already been reading about steroids for about 3-4 years and had done 3-4 cycles. I was pretty infatuated with Duchaine's writing and kinda thought it would be cool to know that much about steroids...I guess I'm on my way, maybe, towards that. Anyway, to this day I still get pissed when someone bags on Duchaine or tries to take credit for something he discovered.

I found some shit I wrote like....4 years ago (looking up old posts on other boards, to embarrass myself, I guess)....it's not actually too bad, in retrospect...but not too great either.

Cool...well about the red part..a Hooker was referenced by a source on another site..one that you have mentioned..maybe not you..but i dont think there is that many hookers on these boards..disregard it anyways. i can understand infatuation with certain things..i just recently in the last 3 years have become infatuated with gear..and it is something that i want to learn more about. So i guess most people start out the same way.

one more question, being an english major, does it erk ya to see errors in peoples writing on here constantly??

I think i know enoufgh and am pretty witty, how bout me a mod???

Cool...well about the red part..a Hooker was referenced by a source on another site..one that you have mentioned..maybe not you..but i dont think there is that many hookers on these boards..disregard it anyways. i can understand infatuation with certain things..i just recently in the last 3 years have become infatuated with gear..and it is something that i want to learn more about. So i guess most people start out the same way.
    Link?
    one more question, being an english major, does it erk ya to see errors in peoples writing on here constantly??
    I'm not an English major...I'm out of college. But no, it doesn't irk me...except when I can't even figure out what people are trying to say.

put me as a mod, ill moderate the whole situation.

I'm an English major too, and I'm amazed at all of the agreement errors and such that I see daily, yes.

Especially when someone is arguing trying to prove his/her intelligence, and they are mis-spelling 7th grade vocabulary.

~SC~

Quote Originally Posted by bigtwin
    put me as a mod, ill moderate the whole situation.
    I learned one thing way back in the day, and that is ASKING to be a mod works against you in your quest to be one.

I'm dead serious too!

~SC~

I'm not an English Major....I left college with 2 degrees and a minor half a decade ago...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information