Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    xpijeonx is offline Associate Member
    Whether he up and left his wife and kids for pursuing* his dream or goals I am not sure of(who knows with media and tabloids*). There will be many people in life that will kick themselves for doing just the opposite. I know IF I had a wife and kids and things were going well I couldnt just up and leave. You have to sacrifice for anything worthwhile, that little notion can go both ways though.

If he is getting test injections because of only one testical then why doesnt the rest of the field want it bad enough to donate one too(atleast they will get paid for their donation)? hell go for the gusto and donate both.

If he left his wife and kid/s I am sure they are well taken care of. He has defied the odds with not only cancer but the tour too. He donates to charities* which I would be willing to put money on that it will not stop after he "retires". Either way no one is perfect, he just gets the "privladge*" of being in the publics eye and gets to be cretiqued* to the fullest extent.

If steroid use use determines whether or not he is "the best cyclist ever" well then you better take most of the people who are viewed as great athletes and cut out everything they have done especially the sport that this site is dedicated to. If steroids take them away from being the greatest athelete why dont coke or other recreational drugs too? they are illegal also, that narrows the field even more.

Any athlete that I can think of that wants to be the best in the modern world often has the decision between greatness and above everage, very very few have this option with just natural dedication and perseverance*. Some of these choices can be on the line of morality for certain people. If I expect a larger then life athelete then why should I expect said athelete to not do things larger then life, doing whatever it takes to be on top.

TLO
    TLO is offline New Member
    yes indeed

mista_liar is offline Associate Member
    Just a comment for you guys, I've met/rode with LA. When I knew him back when he just got out of the OTC he was a d1ck. Plain and simple. Sorry. Maybe he' changed his arrogant ways, I dunno.
    Last edited by mista_liar; 07-14-2005 at 02:03 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information