Thread: Cinderella Man

SHRED is offline Senior Member

Cinderella Man

Went to go see this movie last night. One of the best i've seen in a long time.

Has anyone else got the chance to see it?

MatrixGuy is offline Good things come to those who wait
    Is it a romance or a horror because i god hope its not a romance!

anaBROLIC is offline Only The Strong Survive
    Quote Originally Posted by MatrixGuy
    Is it a romance or a horror because i god hope its not a romance!
    no its about boxing.. but it is a tear jerker.. lol.. i saw it last weekend.. thought it was awesome. not like any rocky movies where he gets pounded for 8 rounds then becomes superman..

MatrixGuy is offline Good things come to those who wait
    Quote Originally Posted by anaBROLIC
    no its about boxing.. but it is a tear jerker.. lol.. i saw it last weekend.. thought it was awesome. not like any rocky movies where he gets pounded for 8 rounds then becomes superman..
    Oh right. Nothing to do with Cinderella then?! Sounds quite good.....

lol nope no cinderalla but I respect this guy.

The whole movie everyone talked shit to him and not once did he ever talk it back.

Then he beat everyones ass. Silent and deadly......love it!!!

kman is offline Anabolic Member
    movie was far from the truth though, in real life the fight at the end was horrible,,, but it is a movie so I guess they have to make it interesting.

nevaenuf is offline Senior Member
    I heard that jefro, from the beverly hill billiy's, had a law suit against the directer because his dad, Max bear, was dipicted as a arogant killer in the movie. He really did kill a couple of peps in the ring but it wasnt intentonal and after he killed the guys, he helped take care of their families by giving them money and sending their kids to college.

Undertow is offline New Member
    Good movie but the boxing scenes bothered me. They were too close, it was hard to tell who was getting hit.

hellapimpin is offline Anabolic Member
    my buddy burned it from mirc but i never got a chance to watch it.

63190 is offline Anabolic Member
    Boxing is best shown like it is on pay-per-view, three to four cameras. Always trying to keep the ref out of the shot. I don't understand the directors ambition to try and get you inside the ring. We've all been in fights at one point or another in life. We know what it's like to be in that position, whether it be in the ring or not. Show the why it's called "The Sweet Science". That's all I want. The coach says some thing, like snap the jab, double up the punches after that, or watch for the telegraph, drops a hand before a power shot. Ya know?
    That's why I like Tuesday Night Fights or Friday Night Fights on ESPN2. Teddy explains it all.

Quote Originally Posted by 63190
    Boxing is best shown like it is on pay-per-view, three to four cameras. Always trying to keep the ref out of the shot. I don't understand the directors ambition to try and get you inside the ring. We've all been in fights at one point or another in life. We know what it's like to be in that position, whether it be in the ring or not. Show the why it's called "The Sweet Science". That's all I want. The coach says some thing, like snap the jab, double up the punches after that, or watch for the telegraph, drops a hand before a power shot. Ya know?
    That's why I like Tuesday Night Fights or Friday Night Fights on ESPN2. Teddy explains it all.
    Maybe they wanted to make u feel like you were the fighter? Not sure though - have no clue about directing.

Tuesday night fights are the shyt though!!!!!

Mizfit is offline Banned
    I liekd it as well

63190 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Buff_Daddy
    Maybe they wanted to make u feel like you were the fighter? Not sure though - have no clue about directing.

Tuesday night fights are the shyt though!!!!!
    fvcking right! I used to like it when they would bring in top ten guys and ask them to show, using Teddy as a model, how they were going to/had already torn apart thier competition. The speed of some of these guys is remarkable. They are just sparing, yet they look so smooth and quick. I don't think I could ever be a boxer. Teddy remarks on things I can't see until he brings it to my attention.

Thread Information