View Poll Results: Vote for your favorite Tom Hanks movie.

Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
  • The Money Pit

0 0%
  • Apollo 13

3 10.34%
  • The Burbs'

4 13.79%
  • Forrest Gump

16 55.17%
  • Cast Away

1 3.45%
  • Spash

1 3.45%
  • Turner & Hooch

0 0%
  • That thing you do

1 3.45%
  • Nothing In Common

0 0%
  • Big

6 20.69%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    theron is offline Associate Member

Vote for your favorite Tom Hanks movie.

1.Big
    2.Apollo 13
    3.Forrest Gump
    4.The Money Pit
    5.Cast Away
    6.The Burbs'
    7.That thing you do
    8.Turner & Hooch
    9.Nothing In Common
    10.Splash

JP1570 is offline Senior Member
    The burbs and The Money Pit were awesome, But ya gotta go with Forrest GUmp, just an unbelievable movie

Canes4Ever is offline Banned
    Where is Philadelphia? That movie was his best and most incredible performance. How could you leave it out since he won an Oscar for it?

I can never please you Canes4ever. Sorry again.

Billy Boy is offline Retired Moderator
    Good call Canes that was a good film and yeah hate to admit it but Forest Gump was good as well but I liked The Green Mile and I,m surprised you left that one off

Originally posted by theron
    I can never please you Canes4ever. Sorry again.
    Dude, no need ot be sorry, but research his movies 1st before you put up a thread. I mean he won a freakin' Oscar for Philiadelphia.

He won something for Forrest Gump too.My favorite by the way.

Originally posted by theron
    He won something for Forrest Gump too.My favorite by the way.
    Yes he did, but I hated that movie The only one of his movies I ever actually walked out on.

You also missed a pretty good movie he did, Joe vs The Volcano, was very funny in parts.

If the poll went on to 20 I could have wrote down more of his films like Toy Story,The Green Mile,Saving Private Ryan,The Bonfire of The Vantilties.Maybe a couple more I can't think of.

bigkev is offline Scamming Traitor
    my favorite isnt listed, but it is , saving private ryan. awesome movie. i liked, castaway, also.

Originally posted by bigkev
    my favorite isnt listed, but it is , saving private ryan. awesome movie. i liked, castaway, also.
    Saving Private Ryan was one of those movies that truly was a moving experience. I sat in awe of that filmaking by Spielberg.

bigtraps is offline Member
    Ma Ma allways said, Life is like a box of chocolate's...You never know what your gone'a get

ibiza69 is offline Senior Member
    Originally posted by Canes4Ever
    Where is Philadelphia? That movie was his best and most incredible performance. How could you leave it out since he won an Oscar for it?
    you're right canes that truly was an incredible performance, a great movie. philadelphia is the only movie that has ever made me cry

Pheedno is offline Respected Member
    S.P.R. & Philly are definately the best. Forest at a close third.

ironmike7000 is offline Associate Member
    Forrest Gump and The Green Mile are my favorites.

Dome is offline Junior Member
    The Burbs' was just superb,funny as helll!!!

"Hey Ricky,tell that lamo to get of your lawn"
    "Get off my lawn lamo"
    Superb!

FRANK WHITE is offline Senior Member
    All the movies he's together with Meg Ryan. They've got great chemistry. This would include:

1. Sleepless in Seattle; Love the Empire state building ending. Can't go wrong with Hanks, Meg Ryan, and Nora Ephron.

2. You've Got Mail; again, great ending

3. Joe vs The Volcano; Canes, I like that movie to, although it got panned by the critics.

All the others listed are great as well; Philadelphia, Saving Private Ryan, Big, Apollo 13.

I was an extra in Apollo 13. Check out the scene towards the beginning where he's giving a tour at NASA. He's standing in front of the Apollo 13 rocket(actually a blue screen)telling the tour group about the upcoming mission. In the backround you'll see a red cage elevator open up and two people get out. One is an older guy in a brown suit who's character's name is Deke Slayton, the other guy in a white hardhat and NASA scientist/white uniform, with glasses is me. I walk right in front of the camera.
    That was a lot of fun because I got to talk to Hanks and Ron Howard all day. They are both extremely nice people with no fakeness or airs about them whatsoever. Hanks was a jokster on the set. He loved telling jokes. Unfortunately I was a little nervous and was afraid to talk to much. But he was very nice.
    Anyway, just thought you might find this story entertaining.
    Last edited by FRANK WHITE; 04-23-2002 at 11:04 AM.

Terinox is offline The One & Only
    Originally posted by ibiza69

you're right canes that truly was an incredible performance, a great movie. philadelphia is the only movie that has ever made me cry
    Shit dude, I loved that movie too, Philadelphia, amazing movie, just amazing! Great acting there too from Hanks.

If that movie almost made you cry, have you seen "A River Runs Through It" It's a great movie, and it got me all emotionally stirred up! I think that's the only movie that has ever brought tears to my eyes, and I really don't know why!

metzger66 is offline Associate Member
    I will have to go with Saving Private Ryan. That movie was awsome! Especially seeing people walk out because they couldn't handle the opening scene.
    I also have to go with Sleepless in Seatle. I love Meg Ryan and to add to that the little boy in that movie is my next door neighbor.

metzger66

Parker is offline New Member
    Have to go with Saving Private Ryan, no question for me.

NightOp is offline Member
    Originally posted by Dome
    The Burbs' was just superb,funny as helll!!!

"Hey Ricky,tell that lamo to get of your lawn"
    "Get off my lawn lamo"
    Superb!
    lol.. i voted for the burbs too cuz i love that movie. No the performance isnt Saving Private Ryan quality (which i love as well) but gosh that movie is great.

"Go for it Mr. Peterson, Yes !"

Originally posted by FRANK WHITE
    ... I was an extra in Apollo 13. Check out the scene towards the beginning where he's giving a tour at NASA. He's standing in front of the Apollo 13 rocket(actually a blue screen)telling the tour group about the upcoming mission. In the backround you'll see a red cage elevator open up and two people get out. One is an older guy in a brown suit who's character's name is Deke Slayton, the other guy in a white hardhat and NASA scientist/white uniform, with glasses is me. I walk right in front of the camera.
    That was a lot of fun because I got to talk to Hanks and Ron Howard all day. They are both extremely nice people with no fakeness or airs about them whatsoever. Hanks was a jokster on the set. He loved telling jokes. Unfortunately I was a little nervous and was afraid to talk to much. But he was very nice.
    Anyway, just thought you might find this story entertaining.
    wow.. that's pretty cool, I will have to find that movie and look for ya when I get home, and btw are you from arkansas (is that what your location is saying "arkansas via LA"?)

DevilsDeity is offline Anabolic Member
    League Of Their Own, and Dragnet

Kid Shred is offline Member
    Definately "the Burbs"!

Mrs. T is offline Female Member
    Night Op - yes, Frank is here with me.
    Mrs. T
    "We can change the world when we change ourselves. And the energy of our consciousness, like the energy of all light, continues into the eternity. When there is light in the soul there will be beauty in the person. When there is beauty in the person there will be harmony in the home. When there is harmony in the home there will order in the nation. When there is order in the nation there will be peace in the world."
    - Chinese Proverb

Originally posted by Mrs. T
    Night Op - yes, Frank is here with me.

High Mrs. T,

Hope all is well. Haven't spoken to you in so long. Its been what 2 hours.

Nightop, whats up my Iron Brother. Well, I'm from Monterey, California, but I moved to Arkansas when I was 11 (Southern Part), and stayed till I was 20. Then I moved back to California, finished school, moved to L.A. Did the struggling actor/writer thing. And now I'm back in southern Arkansas since November 2000. You like the Hogs? I went to school at Fayetteville from 83-86. The Hogs are real good but I'm a diehard Nebraska fan. I think Arkansas is going to have a real good football team next year though. I guess thats it in a nutshell. We got a kickass softball team. We just won the Sheridan tournament last weekend without losing a game. Most of the games were over in 3 innings. The 15 run rule.

[i]Originally posted
    I also have to go with Sleepless in Seatle. I love Meg Ryan and to add to that the little boy in that movie is my next door neighbor.

metzger66 [/B]
    Thats cool Metzger. Meg Ryan is awesome and has been one of my favorite actresses for a long time. And she's single now. LOL. The only reason she's been bumped to 1A is because of Claire Forlani of "Meet Joe Black", man you want to talk about beautiful, and talented. I predict Claire Forlani will win an Oscar someday soon.(File this quote in the AR archives)LOL. That kids name in the movie was Jonah. Is he still acting? I haven't seen him in anything I can remember. When I was in L.A. I lived right off Melrose and Fairfax on Ogden. Stories like that make me miss it a lot. I think I'll be back pretty soon though. Peace.
    Last edited by FRANK WHITE; 04-23-2002 at 08:32 PM.

I forgot all about Punchline and Toy Story 2!

This is weird, it's as if my post was erased or something. I asked about Burbs and how good it is, and if it's really worth renting.

Both Tom Hanks and Sally Field was in Forrest Gump and Punchline.

metzger66 is offline Associate Member

FRANK WHITE

Thats cool Metzger. Meg Ryan is awesome and has been one of my favorite actresses for a long time. And she's single now. LOL. The only reason she's been bumped to 1A is because of Claire Forlani of "Meet Joe Black", man you want to talk about beautiful, and talented. I predict Claire Forlani will win an Oscar someday soon.(File this quote in the AR archives)LOL. That kids name in the movie was Jonah. Is he still acting? I haven't seen him in anything I can remember. When I was in L.A. I lived right off Melrose and Fairfax on Ogden. Stories like that make me miss it a lot. I think I'll be back pretty soon though. Peace.

Yes he is still acting. He did a Van dam movie the one where he is at a hockey game and the Dad is a fireman of security... He also did a bit on party of five when it was around and just recently A bunck of VIP episodes with Pam Anderson.

metzger66

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Vote for your favorite Tom Hanks movie.-62.jpg  

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Vote for your favorite Tom Hanks movie.-green3.jpg  

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Vote for your favorite Tom Hanks movie.-hanks.jpg  

Originally posted by Terinox
    This is weird, it's as if my post was erased or something. I asked about Burbs and how good it is, and if it's really worth renting.
    yes it is worth renting... you gotta look for the little stuff in that movie... the 2nd time I watched it, i liked it even more.. I've seen it at least 20 times, no lie, but of course I watch alot of movies in my free time.

Frank White... nice to see a fellow arkansan I think Diesel is a U of A alumni as well... In fact I prolly I know some of your old classmates (everyone in the state knows each other as you prolly already know, and alot of my friends parents and relatives are alumni). I told miss T. that if yall are ever up around the greers ferry lake to give me a PM, although I think there might be a big age difference

btw- I will be attending U of A nxt fall, did you pledge? I don't plan on it cuz I'll be a sophmore and already have alot of buddies up there.

BigD is offline Associate Member
    By far Saving Private Ryan....then Forest Gump.

I actually have that Red hat.

He is one of the few actors that can break from the comedy realm to the serious realm. Robin Williams did it, and now Jim Carry is trying.

Originally posted by NightOp

Frank White... nice to see a fellow arkansan I think Diesel is a U of A alumni as well... In fact I prolly I know some of your old classmates (everyone in the state knows each other as you prolly already know, and alot of my friends parents and relatives are alumni). I told miss T. that if yall are ever up around the greers ferry lake to give me a PM, although I think there might be a big age difference

btw- I will be attending U of A nxt fall, did you pledge? I don't plan on it cuz I'll be a sophmore and already have alot of buddies up there.

NightOp,

Same here brother, nice to hear from someone in state. I thought Diesel might be a Razorback. I pledged and became a member of Phi Delta Theta in 1984. The house used to be up the hill from the Hyper building. I haven't been back since the mid 80's so I'm sorta outa touch. Thanks for the offer at Greers Ferry. Will definitely keep that in mind. I'll pass that along to Mrs. T. Anyway, good to hear from you Bro. Take Care and Be Safe.

eradikate is offline Senior Member
    Tom Hanks is an awesome actor. I liked his green mile the best. Amazing plot

broncojosh is offline Senior Member
    I am amazed by his versitility. The roles he plays, are often at opposite ends of the spectrum. I have a deep respect for him as an actor, but more so as a man. He does good things. Forrest Gump rocks by the way

true dat true dat!!!

his acting is just amazing!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information