BigGreen is offline Anabolic Member

what most people tend to forget

I understand that for the vast majority of the population, ignorance is bliss and the accumulation of consumer goods the antisthetic (or even antiseptic as the case may be) for the frightening possibility of truth. I won't even attempt to challenge for fight the inevitable ubiquity of this.

That being said, however, while I expect no great revolution, cultural or otherwise, I would argue that, when immersing our collective selves in a diluted bath of distractive endeavors, it would be wise to keep always in the back of our minds the fact that if elephants had either a marginal ability to communicate, or opposable thumbs (and god forbid both....god forbid it straight to hell!) we, as a race, would be beyond screwed.

I suspect many of you have had limited, if any, first hand experience with these pacaderms. While I would argue it's a symptom of your cowardice, and nothing more, I do sympathize. The elephant is indeed a hypnotic beast, capable of a certain poetry with its bowel movements and urinary displays. Numerous are the powerful men - conquerors of nations, rulers of kingdoms, commanders of armies - that have been seduced by the siren song of the elephants afternoon dump. Ghengis Khan, it is said, drowned in a pile of elephant feces while, til his last breath, painting with one hand and beating a drum with the other, hoping against hope to capture the essence of the beast's waste. So there is no shame in it. Your cowardice I mean.

Where the true shame lies, however, I need not tell you. I'm sure you know. You wish you could hide it....could bury it. Make it go away. But you can't. So you carry on, trimming the crust off your tuna sandwich and praying to your false idol that one day you'll be able to make love to a woman or join a band of pirates - either or. That's not important. What's important is the whole mess about the that Chinese boy who asked for nothing but one grain of rice on the square of his chessboard for the first day, two on the second square the next, then four, and so on with the squares until the board was full. THAT'S what it's ALL about.

IronFreakX is offline Banned
    Is this bout a girl or smth...??

wascaptain5214 is offline Senior Member
    no flame here bro......but

Quote Originally Posted by captain5214
    no flame here bro......but
    It's okay...it's a lot to digest. I can't expect that most would be able to sythesize it in one sitting.

Quote Originally Posted by IronFreakX
    Is this bout a girl or smth...??
    Isn't it all? Isn't it all......

BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BigGreen
    I understand that for the vast majority of the population, ignorance is bliss and the accumulation of consumer goods the antisthetic (or even antiseptic as the case may be) for the frightening possibility of truth. I won't even attempt to challenge for fight the inevitable ubiquity of this.

That being said, however, while I expect no great revolution, cultural or otherwise, I would argue that, when immersing our collective selves in a diluted bath of distractive endeavors, it would be wise to keep always in the back of our minds the fact that if elephants had either a marginal ability to communicate, or opposable thumbs (and god forbid both....god forbid it straight to hell!) we, as a race, would be beyond screwed.

I suspect many of you have had limited, if any, first hand experience with these pacaderms. While I would argue it's a symptom of your cowardice, and nothing more, I do sympathize. The elephant is indeed a hypnotic beast, capable of a certain poetry with its bowel movements and urinary displays. Numerous are the powerful men - conquerors of nations, rulers of kingdoms, commanders of armies - that have been seduced by the siren song of the elephants afternoon dump. Ghengis Khan, it is said, drowned in a pile of elephant feces while, til his last breath, painting with one hand and beating a drum with the other, hoping against hope to capture the essence of the beast's waste. So there is no shame in it. Your cowardice I mean.

Where the true shame lies, however, I need not tell you. I'm sure you know. You wish you could hide it....could bury it. Make it go away. But you can't. So you carry on, trimming the crust off your tuna sandwich and praying to your false idol that one day you'll be able to make love to a woman or join a band of pirates - either or. That's not important. What's important is the whole mess about the that Chinese boy who asked for nothing but one grain of rice on the square of his chessboard for the first day, two on the second square the next, then four, and so on with the squares until the board was full. THAT'S what it's ALL about.
    That's all I gotta say....

Quote Originally Posted by BIG TEXAN
    That's all I gotta say....
    You're on the list. And not the good "people to give Dell computer coupons to" list....noooo. The "other" list.

IronFreakX is offline Banned
    Isn't it all? Isn't it all......
    nah not nemore.....Im getting all the sex i want...so i dont need a gf...
    Stop smoking/snorting/drinking.."wutever".....ull feel better...

BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member
    You're on the list. And not the good "people to give Dell computer coupons to" list....noooo. The "other" list.
    I'm on another list huh.... yippee.... It's ok though, I ain't skeered of ya'll NEw Englanders.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    My head hurts.

~SC~

Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer
    I consider the hippopotamus to be far more fascinating then mere elephants. Simply becasue it would take one convincing sob to ride one of those.

gymnutt is offline Associate Member

Okay..soo...wanton materialism prefaces the selfclaimed commoners inordinate disposition to displace the burden of moral accountability upon the power brokers of the inner ring who provide them with diversions and delusion in lieu of acceptance of yet another cycle of greed? Or...Poor Mr. Khan in a fit of rage stemming from mongol penile dwarfism coupled with poor horde bonding resultant from his inability to use an abacus or count all eleven toes led him to pioneer a model for millions of overpriviledged 6 year art and philosophy majors by initiating a short lived career as a panhandler-street musician......Or, perhaps GW will seize his destiny by breeding genetically enhanced pacaderms fueled by underpriviledged chinese army regulars and intergrate them into america as means of mass transit as an emissions efficient alternative to street busses and the humvee. Am I close?

I understand that for the vast majority of the population, ignorance in a diluted bath of distractive endeavors, it would be wise to keep always in the back of our minds the fact that if elephants had either a marginal ability to communicate.

I suspect many of you have had limited, if any, first hand experience with these pacaderms. While I would argue it's a symptom of your cowardice The elephant is indeed capable of a certain poetry with its bowel movements and urinary displays. I am seduced by the siren song of the elephants afternoon dump. I hope to capture the essence of the beast's waste. Your cowardice I mean.

Where the true shame lies, however, I need not tell you. I'm sure you know. You wish you could hide it....could bury it. Make it go away. But you can't. So you carry on, trimming the crust off your tuna sandwich and praying to make love to a woman or join a band of pirates - either or.

Check Out This Quote!

Thread Information