BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member

A life changing experience.....

I never believed in them but I had one today. I went to church this morning with my stepson and his mom as required by the Christian Boot Camp he's attending and I had an experience I'll never forget. I have always been a man of faith and carried Christ with me. Some years back I lost that faith and do to my choices CHrist no longer walked with me. I felt like I could handle life on my own and didn't need religion or faith in any God. Well do to some personal problems that have arised as of late I have been slowly realizing that I couldn't do it on my own anymore. The Pastor started the sermon with singing and prayer and I was just going through the motions when he started talkign about how one should have a relationship with Christ and about being reborn. His words touched me in a way and I began to cry believe it or not. He than went on saying about how he felt that Chrsit was reaching out to someone here today and that He was wanting that person to come back into his love and guidance. During all of this I felt somethign in my heart and I suddenly felt calm and at peace with myself. The Pastor than asked if any of us felt like this and asked those to come up to the stage. Next thing I know I'm walking up to him with a few others. He than started talking about being reborn and allowing Christ into our hearts and surrendering ourselves to the Lord. He started praying for Christ to help us to become reborn and to come into our hearts........ To make a long story short I have refound my faith today un my Lord and Savior. I now feel like I am no longer alone and do feel that he walks with me once again. Now I'm not becoming one of those holier than though bunches or anythign of that nature but all I can say is that it's a wonderful feeling having him in my life again. I feel a weight has been lifted from my shoulders and I pray he gives me the strength to become the man I once was before I lost my way in this world and to be a good father to my children. I know most will read this and laugh but today has made such a cahnge I felt like I needed to share it.

305GUY is offline Anabolic Member
    Good for you BIGTEXAN, if having christ in your life makes you a better person and father on this planet, then all the power to you...

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    BT, I too have felt like that before in church, and it's a great feeling for sure!

~SC~

Keyser Sozey is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BIG TEXAN
    I never believed in them but I had one today. I went to church this morning with my stepson and his mom as required by the Christian Boot Camp he's attending and I had an experience I'll never forget. I have always been a man of faith and carried Christ with me. Some years back I lost that faith and do to my choices CHrist no longer walked with me. I felt like I could handle life on my own and didn't need religion or faith in any God. Well do to some personal problems that have arised as of late I have been slowly realizing that I couldn't do it on my own anymore. The Pastor started the sermon with singing and prayer and I was just going through the motions when he started talkign about how one should have a relationship with Christ and about being reborn. His words touched me in a way and I began to cry believe it or not. He than went on saying about how he felt that Chrsit was reaching out to someone here today and that He was wanting that person to come back into his love and guidance. During all of this I felt somethign in my heart and I suddenly felt calm and at peace with myself. The Pastor than asked if any of us felt like this and asked those to come up to the stage. Next thing I know I'm walking up to him with a few others. He than started talking about being reborn and allowing Christ into our hearts and surrendering ourselves to the Lord. He started praying for Christ to help us to become reborn and to come into our hearts........ To make a long story short I have refound my faith today un my Lord and Savior. I now feel like I am no longer alone and do feel that he walks with me once again. Now I'm not becoming one of those holier than though bunches or anythign of that nature but all I can say is that it's a wonderful feeling having him in my life again. I feel a weight has been lifted from my shoulders and I pray he gives me the strength to become the man I once was before I lost my way in this world and to be a good father to my children. I know most will read this and laugh but today has made such a cahnge I felt like I needed to share it.
    Nothing to laugh about bro. I lost my faith many years ago and I'm working on my MA in Religious Studies of all things. It is a horrible irony, but I do have a void in that perspective.Hopefully, I'll find what I lost.
    I envy you, Big Tex
    <Keyser>

Thanks guys.... I have never felt this way, than again I have never been one to regularly attend church but I can say that has changed.

cb25 is offline Banned
    nothing to laugh about at all BT...i'm happy for ya.

Thanks cb.... how the hell have ya been?

cb25 is offline Banned
    Thanks cb.... how the hell have ya been?
    not bad Tex...finishing up year 2 of 4 in dental school, and looking forward to a much needed 2 week vacation. but we start seeing patients when i get back in august...so that's good. and life in general...is great. stressful, but great.

Quote Originally Posted by cb25
    not bad Tex...finishing up year 2 of 4 in dental school, and looking forward to a much needed 2 week vacation. but we start seeing patients when i get back in august...so that's good. and life in general...is great. stressful, but great.
    Damn glad to hear it bro..... there's somethign going on here at home aswell, but all I can say is that life is damn good bro... damn good. Was going into law enforcement but it appears to not be my time just yet, so I'm looking into going back to school and working again soon.

candyman md is offline Junior Member
    You are right bro, I "re-found" my faith as well. I grew up catholic never missing mass and as I grew older would skip it. Earlier this year my 31 yr old wife was diagnosed with some heart problems. I started back to church every Sunday or Saturday evening and since the problems with her heart have started to get better. It went from not being around for much longer to being able to live on with the help of medication. I have not missed a mass in over the past 5 months. Sundays at 7:30am. Doesn't matter how late a Saturday night last I am still there or if we are out of town, I will find a church. I tell ya, sometimes after the sermon I want to stand up and clap!

1819 is offline Senior Member
    i think you'll find that christ never really left you. maybe he let you be for a while to work out whatever you had to work out. your experience at church, i think, was his way of giving ya a little shot in the arm, just to let you know he'll always be around. cool story, bt.

Quote Originally Posted by candyman md
    You are right bro, I "re-found" my faith as well. I grew up catholic never missing mass and as I grew older would skip it. Earlier this year my 31 yr old wife was diagnosed with some heart problems. I started back to church every Sunday or Saturday evening and since the problems with her heart have started to get better. It went from not being around for much longer to being able to live on with the help of medication. I have not missed a mass in over the past 5 months. Sundays at 7:30am. Doesn't matter how late a Saturday night last I am still there or if we are out of town, I will find a church. I tell ya, sometimes after the sermon I want to stand up and clap!
    I'm glad she's ok bro.....sometimes it takes shockers like that to waken us up a bit.

BigMike J is offline Anabolic Member
    Not lauging here.... congrats man.

Bigen12 is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Congrats!

Thanks for sharing that with us Bro,

Not laughing here

majorpecs is offline Anabolic Member
    Blog Entries
    Awesome Big T!

wrstlr69sdnl is offline Senior Member
    Big texan on the board scean again ive been gone to long whats up bro pm me sometime bro see ya

Commando_Barbi is offline AR's Arresting Angel Vet
    Happy for you luv .
    1. Once a cheat always a cheat!
    2. YES, SHE can get pregnant the first time!
    3. NO, PULLING out IS NOT a RELIABLE method of Birth Control. DAMMMMIT..... Wrap that shyte UP!!

Women over 30 are dignified. They seldom have a screaming match with you at the opera or in the middle of an expensive restaurant. Of course, if you deserve it, they won't hesitate to shoot you, if they think they can get away with it.

For all those men who say, "Why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free". Here's an update for you. Nowadays 80% of women are against marriage, why? Because women realize it's not worth buying an entire Pig, just to get a little sausage.

What the mind can conceive....the body will achieve!

Dave321 is offline AR's Salad Tossing Connoisseur
    Big Tex... I can relate completely to your story. I once lost faith and was so confused with my perspective on things... but I have to say, once you accept it into your life, it's a wonderful feeling. Great Post!

GREENMACHINE is offline Are you green enough?
    Whatever works you you BigTexan congrats.

Quote Originally Posted by wrstlr69sdnl
    Big texan on the board scean again ive been gone to long whats up bro pm me sometime bro see ya
    HOLY SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!! Where in the hell have you been?!?!?!?!?!?!? It's been to damn long bro. I hope all is well with you. Been worried about ya with all the crap going on and not hearing from ya!

Thanks folks..... it feels good having Him to turn to once again. Like I said before problems don't seem to be as bothersome as they used to be anymore.

WildCh1ld is offline Banned
    I know how you feel Big Tex, I am planing on going back to Sunday services because my life was allot clearer when I attended regularly. Lately
    I've been feeling out of place everywhere I seem to go. I think it's time for me to step up and visit the man once again, it's been about 1 year I
    think since I last visited his house..Your thread gave me another push to go..

Quote Originally Posted by WILDCH1LD
    I know how you feel Big Tex, I am planing on going back to Sunday services because my life was allot clearer when I attended regularly. Lately
    I've been feeling out of place everywhere I seem to go. I think it's time for me to step up and visit the man once again, it's been about 1 year I
    think since I last visited his house..Your thread gave me another push to go..

Well I'm happy for ya brother..... it's meant alot to me.

BigLittleTim is offline Senior Member

mass at mass?

I'm looking forward to seeing a few dozen bodybuilders at mass this Sunday!

It's not been my experience that the anabolic crowd are usually this pious. 10 A.M. at Immaculate Conception is usually mostly little old ladies and dullish, fattish, families with ill-behaved kids. Not a muscle in sight!

Cheers,

T

jixxxer is offline Associate Member
    Thanks for sharing Bt, great post and very uplifting!

Thread Information