Thread: books you read

LAW
    LAW is offline Female Member

books you read

Im looking for some jucy light reading for my book club. I get to pick the book next month and I want something provocative, sexy and fun reading do you have any suggestions?
    We were suppose to read Agony and Ecstasy, 900 pages. (blah) I couldn't even get motivated to open it.

wascaptain5214 is offline Senior Member
    THE FORGOTTEN SOLDIER by Guy Sajer....about a 17 yo german on the russian front..top 10 on my list........ the best is by far....NIGHTMARE MEMOIRS by leutielle(sp) about a french soilder who was captured by the Nazi's during ww11, i got to meet his grandson, and was to meet mr leutielle, but it never happened.

SplinterCell is offline Senior Member
    Probally what your not looking for but I love the Harry Potter series

Keyser Sozey is offline Anabolic Member
    I must say that Angels and Demons (Dan Brown), is quite excellent. Kind of like this board, I was addicted in the first ten minutes. Much better than DaVinci Code. Also, it's 569 pages that you can read in a day or two. No bs, it's that good. The main character (Jack Langdon) is the protagonist in both novels. Funny, I was going to use Jack Langdon as my handle on AR.
    Brown, usually writes thrillers, but this is one is for any reader. "Book Crack", if you will.

Keyser Sozey is offline Anabolic Member
    Now that I think about it, if you are in a book club, you've probably read Angels and Demons.

subsailor is offline Junior Member
    Dan Brown is very good... Angels & Demons is a must. May I suggest Blind Man's Bluff... an excellent read about US submarine espionage. It will definately broaden your knowledge about undersea warfare.

Money Boss Hustla is offline Retired Moderator
    Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins.

ginkobulloba is offline Senior Member
    Anything by Elmore Leonard is always a good read, with awesome one-liners. Right now I'm reading Villa Incognito by Tom Robbins.

LAW
    LAW is offline Female Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyser Sozey
    Now that I think about it, if you are in a book club, you've probably read Angels and Demons.
    Actually the book club is just 3 months old. I haven't really enjoyed any of the books the other women have choosen, they probably won't like my choice but i will check out the books that have been recomended by AR members. Really looking for funny, romance, sexy type books. Thanks

Thread Information