Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer

Best Stephen King book

Whats your favorite stephen king book?

Mine have to be either It or Tommyknockers. Cant realy decide. I have read them both like 6 times or so and I love them equaly much each and every time.

Bigen12 is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    I really enjoy the Dark Tower series.

devil1 is offline Jacked Jarhead
    i recently started reading From a Buick 8 i couldnt get into it, Thinner was good

yeah thinner was very good. He wrote it under the name bachman right? I like how dark his Bachman books are

Quote Originally Posted by johan
    yeah thinner was very good. He wrote it under the name bachman right? I like how dark his Bachman books are

Desperation is really good also.

I think I have read that one but cant remember. Does it begin with a cop arresting 2 persons out on some dessert highway?

I think I have read that one but cant remember. Does it begin with a cop arresting 2 persons out on some dessert highway?

Yep, that's the one.

I remember that its a good book but I cant for the life of me remember what its acctualy about

So no one else is a fan of IT and Tommyknockers?

What about Salems Lot I realy like that one and the shining(I dont like the jack nicholson movie though)is incredible.

You should read The Stand, and The Talisman, both really good books.

The talisman I read alot of years ago. I liked it alot. The stand is the one about the plauge and the devil? I always get confused because the swedish title translated would be "time of pestilence" or something along those lines.

I have seen the tv series like 100 times. Love it, but never acctualy picked up the book. Is it alot better then the tv show?

The talisman I read alot of years ago. I liked it alot. The stand is the one about the plauge and the devil? I always get confused because the swedish title translated would be "time of pestilence" or something along those lines.

I have seen the tv series like 100 times. Love it, but never acctualy picked up the book. Is it alot better then the tv show?

I enjoyed both, but like most movies that are based on books, I enjoyed the book more.

If you liked the Talisman, King and Straub wrote a sequel, Black House, it's pretty good also.

Also try the Dark Tower series, I’ve read all 7 books at least twice, and some of them 3 times. You’ll find that the Tower series is touched by almost all of the books that King has written in one way or another.

I just checked the Stephen King web page, and Talisman, is scheduled to be released in theaters some time this year, and Desperation is being made into a TV mini series to be released this year.

have you read insomnia? I havent read the tower books yet but I noticed alot of influences from the tower series. Insomnia is one of my all time favorite books ever.

I will get to the tower books soon I guess. I read a bit of the first a couple of years ago but never continued with it.

I like the fact that king has references to his other books in the books. Like the guy in tommyknockers spotting the clown when buying batteries on derry(I think that was the town name). It makes all his books feel like a real world somehow.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigen12
    I just checked the Stephen King web page, and Talisman, is scheduled to be released in theaters some time this year, and Desperation is being made into a TV mini series to be released this year.

to bad that most king movies sucks. The movies/tv series I like is The stand, storm of the century and the langoleres(dont know spelling). Most of the others pretty much sucked. Especialy the IT and Tommyknockers movies **** they where utterly horrible.

The green mile was a awsome movie and book though. I think I acctualy like the movie more and that has never happened before.

have you read insomnia? I havent read the tower books yet but I noticed alot of influences from the tower series. Insomnia is one of my all time favorite books ever.

I will get to the tower books soon I guess. I read a bit of the first a couple of years ago but never continued with it.

I like the fact that king has references to his other books in the books. Like the guy in tommyknockers spotting the clown when buying batteries on derry(I think that was the town name). It makes all his books feel like a real world somehow.

Insomnia is one that I haven't gotten to yet, but it is on my list.
    From what I understand Insomnia is actually part of the Dark Tower series.

Maby I missed that since I never read the tower books But it takes place in the same town as IT

When you have read it let me know what you think about it!

MatrixGuy is offline Good things come to those who wait
    Did they ever have "The Shining" in book format because i loved the film.

yeah the shining is a awsome book. WAY better then the movie(but I hate the movie though, there is another 4 hour kind of b-movie mini tv series also that is alot better then the nicholson movie. the movie just progress way to fast).

The book is wastly different and doesnt portray the dude that gets crasy as evil.

Slick Arrado is offline Member
    I've only read It, so that book gets my vote.

Thread Information