bodybuilders teeth go through ****ing hell!!!

I was inspired to write this post because one of my rear molars just chipped off while I was flossing. Take care of your teeth, especially if your a bodybuilder who eats 6 or 7 meals a day. Wether it's sugar your eating or not, your teeth just go through so much more abuse than the average persons because,well, you eat about 3 times as ****ing much. From now on my toothbrush and floss is going with me wherever I go. And the kicker is I've always taken good care of my teeth. Just had a cavity that fell out awhile back and never got it refilled, now another part of that tooth has chipped off, calling the dentist tomm to make an appointment, **** I hate the dentists.

1badcamaro is offline Anabolic Member
    actually its worse for them if you dont use them........so eat up

c_ville is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 1badcamaro
    actually its worse for them if you dont use them........so eat up
    That is rather counter-intuitive.

Unoid is offline Member
    more food = more abrasion against the teeth, abrasion is how you clean teeth :P

4U2NV is offline Associate Member
    So sugar is grainy= greater abrasion. So why is it bad

cb25 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 4U2NV
    So sugar is grainy= greater abrasion. So why is it bad
    if you'd like a dissertation on the microbiological and biochemical events involved in tooth decay...i can give that to ya.

if you want the simple answer -- there are bacteria that occur normally in the oral cavity. they group together to form plaque, which attaches to tooth surface. when you eat sugar, you're feeding this bacteria -- they metabolize the sugar and produce lactic acid as a byproduct. these bacteria basically eat away at your teeth. the way to prevent this is regular brushing/flossing to ensure removal of as much plaque, etc as possible, and regular professional cleanings to ensure complete removal of plaque calculus.

(can you tell what i'm in school for yet? lol...sorry for the rant, just finishing finals and it's all i can talk about in any sort of coherent manner)

4U2NV is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cb25
    if you'd like a dissertation on the microbiological and biochemical events involved in tooth decay...i can give that to ya.

if you want the simple answer -- there are bacteria that occur normally in the oral cavity. they group together to form plaque, which attaches to tooth surface. when you eat sugar, you're feeding this bacteria -- they metabolize the sugar and produce lactic acid as a byproduct. these bacteria basically eat away at your teeth. the way to prevent this is regular brushing/flossing to ensure removal of as much plaque, etc as possible, and regular professional cleanings to ensure complete removal of plaque calculus.

(can you tell what i'm in school for yet? lol...sorry for the rant, just finishing finals and it's all i can talk about in any sort of coherent manner)
    Nice answer! Thanks.

Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer
    There are acctualy probiotics for the mouth out. Cant remember the site but I can look it up if anyone is interested. Those friendly bacterias helps to get rid of caries bacterias and keeps the teeth in better shape.

Thread Information