Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer

Things like this pisses me off imensly

Recless attitude by both scienticsts and lawmakes. I am all for genetic experimentations but for the love of god dont release it into nature so easily.

http://www.sproutman.com/pdf/Genetic...ed_Alfalfa.pdf

nsa
    nsa is offline King of Supplements
    Monsanto.... HAHA... i had to write a paper on them and their genetically altered plants when i was a freshman in college, decent research and products but as a company they suck and have such stupid arguments. And i believe they technically have the rights to any plants with their genes in it, so they would be able to create a monopoly on the alfalfa plant by genetic pollution. Sad world we live in now...

Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer
    so technicaly if they planted that modified shit and it spread and knocked out the natural speieces they would have monopoly on all the alfalfa in the world??

Is there any way to stop this shit?

nsa
    nsa is offline King of Supplements
    Quote Originally Posted by johan
    so technicaly if they planted that modified shit and it spread and knocked out the natural speieces they would have monopoly on all the alfalfa in the world??

Is there any way to stop this shit?
    If the laws are the same as they were a few years ago yeah, that was a huge part of my argument against it. I used many theoretical situations to argue it, if you patent your genes and a clone of yourself is made then you own that clone, things like that and alot with the plants and ideas like this would bring about. It's just not right IMO, if they are allowed to do this. Essentially over time, they will be literally ste****g crops from farmers who are farming these crops on their own land. And protected by law in doing it...

Thread Information