Thread: Audi A3

bor
    bor is offline D-bol Poppin'

Audi A3

Does anyone own one? Like it? Pics?

IronFreakX is offline Banned
    Full of protein ,and "fast" Acting carbs......

How do u eat urs???

bor
    bor is offline D-bol Poppin'
    Oh I'm such a retard, thought I posted this in the lounge, please someone move it over there

BeerBaron is offline Senior Member
    I own an audi a4 1.8turbo quattro and its a blast to drive. If you're buying audi for style or performance you really can't go wrong. Stock they arent the quickest, but with a exhaust, intake, and chip you can squeez a good 75hp and 100ftlbs of torque out of it and teamed up with quattro you're ready to rip around freeways or winding roads. As far as style goes, well, chicks dig german imports. Only downside is repair cost on audi's, as working on them can be very tricky.

StoneGRMI is offline Giggity Giggity Giggty!
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerBaron
    I own an audi a4 1.8turbo quattro and its a blast to drive. If you're buying audi for style or performance you really can't go wrong. Stock they arent the quickest, but with a exhaust, intake, and chip you can squeez a good 75hp and 100ftlbs of torque out of it and teamed up with quattro you're ready to rip around freeways or winding roads. As far as style goes, well, chicks dig german imports. Only downside is repair cost on audi's, as working on them can be very tricky.
    For some reason that seems to be true and I have a VW Passat and still get looks and compliments. I bought it for space and gas mileage but it has turned out to have a couple extra incentives.

daem is offline Anabolic Member
    Audi's are boring on the outside, are 4wd, and aren't as reliable as you might think. I just don't like the lines, and the interior is pretty bland. It is a Passat with Audi badging.

The only time I have ever driven an Audi (an S4) was for reassurance that my Merc c32 AMG was THAT much better.

I think you can do much better style/performance wise for the price.

Sorry BeerBaron.

3Vandoo is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    I hate A4, its "frenchie's car"

EVIL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mfenske is offline Member
    I looked at it but I can't get over how much better of a deal I can get on either a Subaru WRX Wagon or Saab 9-2x Aero. Both are bigger inside and will hand the Audi its rear end in performance. Mark

lucabratzi is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mfenske
    I looked at it but I can't get over how much better of a deal I can get on either a Subaru WRX Wagon or Saab 9-2x Aero. Both are bigger inside and will hand the Audi its rear end in performance. Mark
    yeah suby's are the shit. im just about to give mine up though this week. but i think audi's are nice though, they do have good style and the leather interior is real nice. i would rather have a audi over a vw anyday. and no i havent see the a3 yet

mfenske is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lucabratzi
    yeah suby's are the shit. im just about to give mine up though this week. but i think audi's are nice though, they do have good style and the leather interior is real nice. i would rather have a audi over a vw anyday. and no i havent see the a3 yet
    That's the cool thing about the 9-2x Aero. It's the same as the Subie wagon, but you can get leather, HIDs, and a sunroof. Plus, with the GM employee discount program it's cheaper than the Subaru. Go figure. Mark.

Quote Originally Posted by mfenske
    That's the cool thing about the 9-2x Aero. It's the same as the Subie wagon, but you can get leather, HIDs, and a sunroof. Plus, with the GM employee discount program it's cheaper than the Subaru. Go figure. Mark.
    It's still a SAAB! I at one of my friends that has one because I only have seen chicks driving them for the last 4 years or so.

BeerBaron is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by daem
    Audi's are boring on the outside, are 4wd, and aren't as reliable as you might think. I just don't like the lines, and the interior is pretty bland. It is a Passat with Audi badging.

The only time I have ever driven an Audi (an S4) was for reassurance that my Merc c32 AMG was THAT much better.

I think you can do much better style/performance wise for the price.

Sorry BeerBaron.
    yeah, if I had a super charged benz at 350 horse I wouldn't go with audi either. You can't bust on quattro, it is the best awd system. And they are reliable cars, at least mine is. Right now my car has 245 horse and 270tq which is about where I want to keep it, and it never gives me a problem. Teamed with quattro and suspension, I just love the way it drives. If i had to suggest another car to get I would say 330ci.

Quote Originally Posted by BeerBaron
    yeah, if I had a super charged benz at 350 horse I wouldn't go with audi either. You can't bust on quattro, it is the best awd system. And they are reliable cars, at least mine is. Right now my car has 245 horse and 270tq which is about where I want to keep it, and it never gives me a problem. Teamed with quattro and suspension, I just love the way it drives. If i had to suggest another car to get I would say 330ci.
    Everyone has different needs in a car. RWD is an accident waiting to happen when snow falls, so the quattro will be reliable in winter time.

I was comparing my car to the S4, which is in the same class...Not the quattro.

If you put a nice set of coilovers on the Quattro, I'm sure it rides on rails in the twisties.

As far as the 330 recommendation, it is a completely different car than the quattro. 3.0L naturally aspirated engine vs. 1.8 fuel injected, RWD vs. AWD, 2 door vs. 4 door, and the list goes on...

It goes back to needs again...BMW is sportier, Audi is more functional IMO.

RussianVodka is offline Senior Member
    I don't like A3, no quattro:-(

Thread Information