View Poll Results: What % of your monthly income do you invest/ save?

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • 0-1%

1 9.09%
  • 1-5%

4 36.36%
  • 6-10%

3 27.27%
  • 11-15%

1 9.09%
  • 16-20%

1 9.09%
  • 20+

1 9.09%
    Jdawg50 is offline Anabolic Member

What % of your monthly income do you invest into your 401K/IRA(ROTH)/Savings

I read somewhere that the average person is investing less than 1-5% annually. I can see that, but wow. That is kinda scary. What are you guys doing?

symatech is offline Retired Moderator
    ~5%, started when I was 20, when I graduate and get a higher paying job I'll up it to around 15%+ ...don't wanna work forever

Bigen12 is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    6% now, but when I finish paying child support, in 4 years, I'll probably take it up to 15%

majorpecs is offline Anabolic Member
    Blog Entries
    I put in 4% right now, the company matches that by 50% and gives me another 5% on top for just being an employee...so I'm putting in 4% of my salary and actually getting 11% invested every year.

daem is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by majorpecs
    I put in 4% right now, the company matches that by 50% and gives me another 5% on top for just being an employee...so I'm putting in 4% of my salary and actually getting 11% invested every year.
    Me too..company match is 100% up to 6%, so I invest 6% and actually reap 12%.

Monkeytown is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by daem
    Me too..company match is 100% up to 6%, so I invest 6% and actually reap 12%.
    Same here. Can't beat an extra 6% plus what is makes over the next 30 years.

Mesomorphyl is offline Smart Ass Member
    Roth IRA is the way to go if you make less than 150K. You can invest up to 2K per year and can retreive it at 59.5 years of age without any taxes taken out. Again the government cannot tax it, and you can set up the style of investment. If someone started at 18 years of age and saved 2k per year until the age of 38, there will be well over one million tax free dollars in your account before you retire.

almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    ...10% pre-tax....Company matches .50 on the dollar up to 9%, so that's another 4.5%, and 4% post-tax...Plus I try to shoot some into a variable annuity.......
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

Thread Information