RoNNy THe BuLL is offline Anabolic Member

The Quantum Physics of Bodybuilding - Explaining The Mind Muscle Connection

The Quantum Physics of Bodybuilding - Explaining The Mind Muscle Connection
    By: RoNNy THe BuLL

Preface
    Quantum Physics have always been a topic of interest for me. Questioning and giving reason to the unknown, exploring the fourth dimension and relating back to our physical world. However, it wasn't until only recently did I realize just how much Quantum Physics can help the average bodybuilder achieve not only their physical goals, but also attain the "mind muscle" connection that some lifetime bodybuilders never fully achieve.

I have a Honors Degree in Kinesiology & Health Science from a very well respected University in Toronto, Ontario. I've been weightlifting since the age of 16, however, I've been bodybuilding since I was 21. I'm currently 23 years old and weigh in at a 206lbs on a 6'1" frame and 7%BF, can run a 6 minute mile and can dunk a basketball. I've been steroid free for over 18 months and intend on staying this way.

Introduction
    Quantum Physics can seem very deterring for most people, often decieving to most. The title alone tends to confuse people, but for the vast majority of people. they ruly don't know what Quantam Physics is all about. It is about expanding our horizons and accepting the possibility that your our subconcious may be existing on another level and that our physical world can be questioned. It is about exploring, describing and predicting the systems of our physical world.

What I'm going to explain is just HOW we can all relate Quantum Physics back to Bodybuilding and fully exploit our individual physical system called Muscle.

Stress, Negative Thoughts & Amino Acids
    Our physical body produces, absorbs and ingests Amino Acids from our everyday life. As bodybuilders, we're often consumed with the thought of getting our "unique" RDA of Amino Acids, that's our livelyhood. However, what we don't take into account is just how much of our cells are designated to absorbing the vast amounts of nutrients and amino acids that our body needs to properly recouperate and function.

One thing that you always hear is that stress tends to increase the rate at which we age, and it is 100% true. When we become stressed or have a tendency to view everything in a very negative light, we in turn distribute the effects of stress on our cells. This is where it becomes a snowball effect.

Once stress or negative energy is placed on our cells, our body's natural reaction is to dedicate a certain amount of that cells absorption to de****g with and handling all the bad thoughts and stresses we have in our life. What happens then, you ask? It's simple. Less of our cell is used for absorbing vital nutrients. But wait, the snowball gets bigger.

Once our cell has a dedicated portion of it's surface dedicated to de****g with stress, it in turn has a daughter or son cell that has already been pre-determined to allocate a certain amount of it's surface space to also de****g with stress, and more often then not, it's bigger then the Mother cell in order to compensate and prepare for further stress or negative energy.

The end result is that over years of stress and negative energy, we have downgraded our cells from full nutrient and Amino Acid absorbing cells into a cell who's primary surface area is largely covered in a shield dedicated to de****g with negative feelings rather then what our body needs to fight aging.

The Web Of Deceipt
    Have you ever wondered what thoughts are made of? Or what happens when we die? Or even what exactly is at the end of the Universe? If you find yourself asking that question time after time again, you may be a Quantum Physicist in the making. Those are questions that our brain can't comprehend. It doesn't matter how hard we try, we just can't comprehend death or the end of infinity...but we do know this.

Our brain, thoughts and memories are all intertwined, something along the lines of "six degrees of seperation". Everything that we've witnessed, experienced or thought is ultimately all connected together in our brains.

Have you ever come across someone who's always negative? Here's why they are the way they are. When we think negative thoughts, they're generally based on an experience that we've previously had. You burn the roof of your mouth while eating pizza at a restaurant, it hurt, there was a song playing when it happened and five years later everytime you hear that song you remember how much pizza hurt burning the roof of your mouth. You get what I'm saying?

When this happens on a constant basis, your neurons tend to be firing in the same direction and following the same pathways in your brain. When your'e constantly caught up in the negative, you're strengthening the neural pathways that all lead to negative thoughts, which effect our cells. So how do we stop it? We start to deal with issues, problems and phobia's.

Being Optomistic is over-rated. All you're doing is masking the negative. But when you're genuinely excited, happy or eager to get something going, the neural pathways stray away from the negative pathways and focus more on the positive. What's the end result? Less of your cell is used for de****g with stress and more of it is open to deal with your micro/macronutrients and amino acids.

Conclusion
    I've tried to keep this as simple as I could without losing alot of people in the point I was trying to get across. I've incorperated my education with my interests and came up with a theory that has been proven in the Quantum Physic community with respect to cell development.

I guess what you can break it all down too is that the more we deal with the negative issues in our life and actually accept, come to terms with and overcome them, the closer you are to fulfilling not only your Physical goal, but also a better mindset overall.

Nothing happens over night, but you CAN control how you deal with things from now on.

Good luck.
    Last edited by RoNNy THe BuLL; 07-20-2005 at 09:29 PM.

I have a very indepth version of this that I want to submit to a few magazines, any feebdack would be greatly appreciated.

sigmatro11 is offline Associate Member
    I think it is good but like you say that is a very brief version I wouldnt mind reading the indepth one i thought this to be quite interesting

I'm finishing it up, but when it's done I'll post up the link to the PDF.

Keyser Sozey is offline Anabolic Member
    RTB, I got a shudder when I read your post. I'm a grad student (Religious Studies) and I am constantly contemplating the "other realm", "is there someone guiding the light at the end of the tunnel?" These are only a couple ,but I also hold in alot of emotions. For example, if someone, or something upsets me, I'll hold it in and then think about it forever. I try to keep this "nice guy" persona even when I'm pissed, and I know it is killing me. Jeeez, I still have regrets for what I did to my ex 5 years ago. So, from what I've read in your post, I am denying myself muscle growth, and LOL mental health, b/c I won't front these issues?
    I will be waiting for the studies you speak of.
    I want to grow and if sanity comes w the package, I'll take it brutha!

*Narkissos* is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RoNNy THe BuLL
    I'm finishing it up, but when it's done I'll post up the link to the PDF.
    I'l be waiting on it.

BUMP!

Quote Originally Posted by Keyser Sozey
    RTB, I got a shudder when I read your post. I'm a grad student (Religious Studies) and I am constantly contemplating the "other realm", "is there someone guiding the light at the end of the tunnel?" These are only a couple ,but I also hold in alot of emotions. For example, if someone, or something upsets me, I'll hold it in and then think about it forever. I try to keep this "nice guy" persona even when I'm pissed, and I know it is killing me. Jeeez, I still have regrets for what I did to my ex 5 years ago. So, from what I've read in your post, I am denying myself muscle growth, and LOL mental health, b/c I won't front these issues?
    I will be waiting for the studies you speak of.
    I want to grow and if sanity comes w the package, I'll take it brutha!
    We all go through rough times, I'm not a pyschologist but I do study a shitload in stuff I'm interested in, Quantum Physics being one of them.

It just takes time to deal with the issue and focus on the positive over the negative. Surround yourself with people who give you energy rather then take it away from you. That's a good start.

lucabratzi is offline Anabolic Member
    yeah i'd be interested in the long version also. i never knew quantum physics dealt with that, good stuff though. good pics too lookin big.

symatech is offline Retired Moderator
    Quantum physics is a passion of mine which I intend to pursue as my education progresses. As far as the physics side of it is concerned I understand the conceptual but in reality the true knowledge of quantum mechanics lies in mathematics.

I have always felt that a persons mental state reflects their physical. I noticed as a boy how family members or parents friends who were always stressed got sick more than others. From there I concluded -at least within myself, no studies to back me up exist that I know of- that stress can't be concealed, only dealt with if you are to live healthy. So over the past 10 years or so I've developed a very realistic attitude and the ability to accept what happens in the world around me has greatly reduced my stress, and as often as I get sick.

So I definitely think there is a connection between the deep mental state, or the subconscience, and the expanded physical state. I'd like to see the finished product as well. Definitely an interesting read.

If you want to learn more about quantum physics I'd be happy to recommend a few books to you. Or maybe you've read them already...

decadbal is offline Banned
    good read i think.. u should post the indepth version also

Quote Originally Posted by symatech
    Quantum physics is a passion of mine which I intend to pursue as my education progresses. As far as the physics side of it is concerned I understand the conceptual but in reality the true knowledge of quantum mechanics lies in mathematics.

I have always felt that a persons mental state reflects their physical. I noticed as a boy how family members or parents friends who were always stressed got sick more than others. From there I concluded -at least within myself, no studies to back me up exist that I know of- that stress can't be concealed, only dealt with if you are to live healthy. So over the past 10 years or so I've developed a very realistic attitude and the ability to accept what happens in the world around me has greatly reduced my stress, and as often as I get sick.

So I definitely think there is a connection between the deep mental state, or the subconscience, and the expanded physical state. I'd like to see the finished product as well. Definitely an interesting read.

If you want to learn more about quantum physics I'd be happy to recommend a few books to you. Or maybe you've read them already...
    Shoot over the names of the books bro.

radar1234 is offline Member
    psycho-somatic illness is very interesting. it is so true. people who are always stressing are more likely to manifest their mental state into a physical illness.

Quote Originally Posted by radar1234
    psycho-somatic illness is very interesting. it is so true. people who are always stressing are more likely to manifest their mental state into a physical illness.
    So true and we tend to ignore the simplest things in life thinking that we already know the answer.

Our bodies can be so easily manipulated by one thing we often forget is that our mind controls the machine.

radar1234 is offline Member
    hence psycho-mind somatic-body. the power or the mind is so underrated. i believe that people who can tap into their minds can do amazing things.

symatech is offline Retired Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by RoNNy THe BuLL
    Shoot over the names of the books bro.
    The first book I ever read on QM was written by Richard Feynman (of of this century's most brilliant theoretical physicists) and it's called QED: The strange theory of light and matter . This is a good one to start with because it has the very basics of quantum electro dynamics, and he does a good job of conceptualizing things.

Probably one of the best I have (which I admittedly haven't finished) is a text book called Principles of Quantum Mechanics written by R. Shankar. This one I like -but am working slowly through when I have time- because he discusses some of the mathematics in the beginning much more clearly than I have ever seen it presented before. many of the problems are out of my league, but some are not, and it has given me a better understanding.

For an entirely conceptual look on string theory and hence quantum mechanics you can read The elegant universe by B. Greene. This is one of the best books ever written as far as I'm concerned, and it is what sparked my string theory thread long ago. It's not easy to make quantum mechanics conceptual, since it's native language is math, but greene does it, and does it well. I'd start with this one because it's so interesting.

Finally there is a book quite easy to understand for those of us who aren't proficient with the math, it's called Quantum Reality: Beyond the new physics, written by Nick Herbert. This one is a very quick read, only like 200 or 300 pages. It's quite simple and easy to understand. Like Greene's book it furthered my interest in QM.

C_Bino is offline $BAM-7246~AR-Hall of Famer
    The elegant Universe is an exceptional read. Written for any regular person to understand. I recommend it as well.

BTW RTB, that was great. You are an intelligent guy for sure. True intelligence isnt reading and understanding what you've read, but being able to explain it to another. And you do that well. Great stuff. GL with it and I hope its published.
    I would love to read more.

-Bino

Thanks for, much appreciated. Symatech, I'll definately pick those books up, thanks.

Sigmund Froid is offline Associate Member
    I'll be honest. You're a great guy, and I enjoy reading your posts (seriously), but this really doesn't have anything to do with quantum physics. It relates to "mysticism," generally speaking. It's a good read, but I don't see the connection to quantum physics. If you kept the article the same, but deleted the phrase "quantum physics" from it, it would be perfect.

Sigmund Froid is offline Associate Member
    Quantum physics is very mathematically driven, and doesn't have such a "feel good" tone to it. It is not directly related to our subsconscious.

You describe quantum physics as, "expanding our horizons and accepting the possibility that your our subconcious may be existing on another level and that our physical world can be questioned."

In thruth, quantum theory is "a theory in physics based on the principle that matter and energy have the properties of both particles and waves, created to explain the radiation of energy from a blackbody, the photoelectric effect, and the Bohr theory, and now used to account for a wide range of physical phenomena, including the existence of discrete packets of energy and matter, the uncertainty principle, and the exclusion principle."

Real quantum physics/theory is all boring, cold, hard facts about how physical matter works. It's really not so much about psychology and how we relate to nature. If anything, your writings about stress and amino acid absorption are related to molecular biology, but the way you try to link them to mood is less clear. I can imagine situations where we better absorb nutrients under stress. It depends what you mean by stress. You also haven't really proven why stress prevents absorption. I would suggest looking into the hormone, "cortisol." However, I would say that ultimately, for a juiced bodybuilder, mood has little direct effect on muscle hypertrophy. If drugs, diet, and training are in place, you will grow, no matter how stressed you are.

You also say, "stress tends to increase the rate at which we age, and it is 100% true." I disagree. Mental stress has proven to prevent Alzheimer's disease. An inactive, unstressed brain degrades over time. An unstressed body degrades over time. The stress of activity and work is precisely what fights aging, both mentally and physically. I can substantiate these claims with studies if need be.

Ronny, I appreciate the post, and hope you don't take my constructive criticism the wrong way. I am just trying to help lend insight into your article. I could say, "great post, thanks," but I don't think you would really find that helpful or useful. I hope my criticism is beneficial to future drafts of this article. PM me if you need any help.

-SF

Heracles74 is offline Senior Member
    Outstanding work RTB, I look forward to the in-depth version.

DNoMac is offline Senior Member
    bump, can you post the link RTB?

Thread Information