Shipping Heavy Wheels?

Bros, I need some advice. I need a set of wheels for my Jeep, so im thinking about buying them from ebay but the fukn wheels are cross country. Has anyone ever shipped something that heavy (500lbs or so, I imagine the set weighs because each tire alone weighs 76lbs). If so what was the best way to get them sent? Any ideas?

ya_man is offline Member
    purolator...overnight express...they handle anything, plus u got them for the next day

Heracles74 is offline Senior Member
    something that heavy you are going to want to ship freight. UPS and Fed EX would be astronomical...

ginkobulloba is offline Senior Member
    I've had a lot of car parts shipped, generally by freight. Ebay, you'll have to specifically tell the seller what you want to have done, either that or he'll do it his way, which might be fine, might not be.

Rocket is offline Senior Member
    I work for a Wheel company, we ship mounted tires and wheels for about 100-200 depending where they are going. You can figure the cost your self at http://www.ups.com/content/us/en/index.jsx
    Don't worry about the password you dont need it to "Calculate Time and Cost"

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket
    I work for a Wheel company, we ship mounted tires and wheels for about 100-200 depending where they are going. You can figure the cost your self at http://www.ups.com/content/us/en/index.jsx
    Don't worry about the password you dont need it to "Calculate Time and Cost"

But how do you go about getting all of tires shipped for so cheap? The weight limit on a package from UPS is 150 lbs. These tires are alot heavier than that combined. Seems like I would have to ship each tire as its own package. Let me know what you think.

Deezuhl is offline Anabolic Member
    cheapest way is called forwardair.. its airport to airport shipping . you have it shipped to the closest airport and you go there and pick them up. tires dont have to be boxed or anything but rims would have to be boxed or crated.

SwoleDave is offline Associate Member
    I had a pair shipped crosscountry that I bought on ebay for $150 bucks.

SwoleDave is offline Associate Member
    4 Rims and Tires, no boxes, they were just tightly shrinkwrapped...

Thread Information