Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer

Best place to live

The longer I live in sweden the more I realise this is a cocksucking piece of shit country that is heading down the drain fast. Safe to say I dont want to be stuck here for long. Especialy when they rather help ****ed upp druggies and every imigrant that sets fot here over hard working students. The prioritys of this country is all wrong and technicaly and scientificly we are losing the edge we used to have over the rest of the world. Soon it will all be gone.

So my question is what country would be a good place to move to?

Considering Im looking at a carer as a scienticst(astrophysics or particle physics)it would have to be a country that is investing alot in scientific fields. It also has to be a country that doesnt have ridicilously high taxes with most of the money beeing spent on idiotic social security and imigrations policies while education, healthcare and science is neglected. I dont mind taxes if they accutaly are spent on something worthwile.

A country with a future that isnt heading down the drain in other words and that has a resonable standard of living.

USA is the first country that pops into my mind because the place to be when it comes to space is nasa offcourse. But seems to me USA is on the same path as sweden(down the drain on other words). Still the cash for science is over there.

What other countries in the world invest heavily in science? China? Russia? UK, australia?

Im thinking about moving as soon as maby 2007 and finish my education in another country(sweden will pay for it all so it will be my final **** you, leech everything I can and then get the **** out ).

I have no future in sweden so the sooner I get out of here the better.

The worst thing about sweden aswell is that there is no support for those that want to achieve anything. This is the most jelous country in the world and those that become succesfull is often looked down upon instead of admired.

IronFreakX is offline Banned
    Iraq and afghanistan.........JK

germany , china

CRUISECONTROL is offline Post Whore Extraordinaire Cruising On Autopilot
    Paridise

On an Island somewhere

GeeOweDee is offline Associate Member
    So you want to basicaly become a imigrant yourself?

Quote Originally Posted by GeeOweDee
    So you want to basicaly become a imigrant yourself?

Who ya talkin to?

sigmatro11 is offline Associate Member
    I say Germany, Australia, or Japan (probally the best idea since new inventions are what keep their country so far ahead of the rest of us!

MatrixGuy is offline Good things come to those who wait
    Certain areas of the UK like The Lake District (near me) , Canada & New Zealand

yes. I dont have a problem with imgirants and Im not racist. But if you lived in swedne you would understand my point. They require HUGE ammounts of money and a very big chunk of them take advantage of the faulty social security policies regarding imigrants. there are imgirants that live for years on social security money while hardworking swedes dont get shit. That I have a problem with. Its no the imigrants fault its the swedish goverments fault for allowing it.

Quote Originally Posted by sigmatro11
    I say Germany, Australia, or Japan (probally the best idea since new inventions are what keep their country so far ahead of the rest of us!
    japan would be awsome. But arent they pretty rasistic over there? I hear its very hard for non japanese to succed in japan

also sweden is stupid for letting in imigratns when our true unemployement figure is around 20% or more. They cant find work here neither can swedes and getting more people into the country isnt a good idea. It strains our economy. We used to have the highest living standards in the world, but for each year we are dropping in the lists.

Quote Originally Posted by MatrixGuy
    Certain areas of the UK like The Lake District (near me) , Canada & New Zealand
    tell me more about the lake district

Heracles74 is offline Senior Member
    The USA... greatest country on the planet bro. A world of opportunity over here. Freedoms you won't find anywhere else on earth.

sigmatro11 is offline Associate Member
    Yeah they are pretty racist in japan until you get on the inside loop! So it would be pretty tough for a little while!

GeeOweDee is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CRUISECONTROL
    Who ya talkin to?
    Read!!!

Dave321 is offline AR's Salad Tossing Connoisseur
    Come to Miami Johan, I'll promise you more silicon than you could shake a stick at!

Quote Originally Posted by Heracles74
    The USA... greatest country on the planet bro. A world of opportunity over here. Freedoms you won't find anywhere else on earth.
    I would agree if it wasnt for the ban on steem cell research. I se it as a real danger for religious influences to effect other scientific fields and that isnt good imo. The rise of the christian right wing is bothering me. Not because I have a problem with christianity, most christians like most people are great people. But I dont want to live in a society where christian ways of life might be forced upon me.

Quote Originally Posted by GeeOweDee
    Read!!!
    Yeah I figured it out

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Gayne
    Come to Miami Johan, I'll promise you more silicon than you could shake a stick at!

Hell Yeah

Thats tempting But the heat would kill me quickly I recon Im a pale, pasty swede remember

Heracles74 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by johan
    I would agree if it wasnt for the ban on steem cell research. I se it as a real danger for religious influences to effect other scientific fields and that isnt good imo. The rise of the christian right wing is bothering me. Not because I have a problem with christianity, most christians like most people are great people. But I dont want to live in a society where christian ways of life might be forced upon me.
    The Christian way of life will not be forced upon you in the US. That is again, more power to my point. The US is full of FREEDOMS. freedom of choice being the important one here, if you don't like the idea of christinaity, you don't have to put yourself in it. Shoot, there are tons of issues and things going on over here I don't agree with, but I make a happy life here for myself and my family. I am for stem cell research as well, so I feel ya on that...
    I loved this couintry and my freedoms enough to "give back" and put my time in the Army. I believ in fighting for the freedoms we have here.

My point, without getting on a rant is, I see your point on various issues, but they don't have to be the moral behind living here. its ok to disagree. this isn't Iraq where they would kill you if you didn't vote a certain way. You can libe how you want and do whatyou need to do to achieve a happy life here bro.

chicamahomico is offline Respected Member
    Your choices: (I only considered English primary countries)

1) USA -- best choice for your field bar none
    2) Canada -- pretty good but your field is competitive here and the opportunities are not as good.
    3) Australia -- dunno about the labour market for physicists there but you can't beat nice beaches and bad accents.

What level of degree do you have? If you have a Masters level or a Doctorate you will be able to move to any of these countries no sweat.

Thats tempting But the heat would kill me quickly I recon Im a pale, pasty swede remember
    lol... gotcha! Well, you can still visit!

Quote Originally Posted by Heracles74
    The Christian way of life will not be forced upon you in the US. That is again, more power to my point. The US is full of FREEDOMS. freedom of choice being the important one here, if you don't like the idea of christinaity, you don't have to put yourself in it. Shoot, there are tons of issues and things going on over here I don't agree with, but I make a happy life here for myself and my family. I am for stem cell research as well, so I feel ya on that...
    I loved this couintry and my freedoms enough to "give back" and put my time in the Army. I believ in fighting for the freedoms we have here.

My point, without getting on a rant is, I see your point on various issues, but they don't have to be the moral behind living here. its ok to disagree. this isn't Iraq where they would kill you if you didn't vote a certain way. You can libe how you want and do whatyou need to do to achieve a happy life here bro.
    Yeah I see your point. Im just afraid that level of freedom is at a risk of beeing a thing of the past soon. Patriot acts and so on seems to limit the freedom everyday. Im not that into usa politics so dont know but it seems like usa might be heading the wrong direction....

Quote Originally Posted by chicamahomico
    Your choices: (I only considered English primary countries)

1) USA -- best choice for your field bar none
    2) Canada -- pretty good but your field is competitive here and the opportunities are not as good.
    3) Australia -- dunno about the labour market for physicists there but you can't beat nice beaches and bad accents.

What level of degree do you have? If you have a Masters level or a Doctorate you will be able to move to any of these countries no sweat.
    Im still in university so no degree yet. But I am planing on taking a phd in physics(filed yet undecided). Its been my life long dream so nothing will realy stop me. After I get my masters here in sweden I would like to take my phd in another country though. If I dont finish my masters in another country to.

lol... gotcha! Well, you can still visit!

when Im rich Il get a beachhouse in miami Offcourse I will be well into my 40's by then. Ohh well party on anyway. Nailing some 19 year old hotties would be a pieace of cake.

anaBROLIC is offline Only The Strong Survive
    move in with Nark. i hear hes livin pretty sweet

when Im rich Il get a beachhouse in miami Offcourse I will be well into my 40's by then. Ohh well party on anyway. Nailing some 19 year old hotties would be a pieace of cake.
    whoever said "money can't buy you happyness" was obviously poor!!!

ReX357 is offline "Toughest & Best Looking Guy Around Here"
    Canada, Québec. For the women.

bor
    bor is offline D-bol Poppin'
    And also consider the fact that you'd be FREAKIN' HUGE in Japan

what I like about germany is that having and using juice isnt ilegal. Only selling. A country where I can juice without beeing a criminal would be a big advantage. If it comes down to choosing betwen juice or a riskfree career the later is offcourse more important but I would like both.

whoever said "money can't buy you happyness" was obviously poor!!!
    lol

_Tiger_ is offline Member
    The USA is definitely going down the drain man. Anyone who knows history knows how it works, you have a country, they conquer and are seen as the biggest/baddest country out there, and after that, the people become decadent and lazy (i.e. ancient Rome) and someone comes in and wipes them out...Now I'm definitely patriotic, I love the principles of our country, but things have gone to shit and I dont see it getting any better...

We have a sh*tload of illegal immigrants taking jobs away from US citizens too, and theyre not just doing the bottom of the barrel work anymore, theyre getting good jobs and they are bleeding americas economy to death. America is bleeding to death, don't move here.

MatrixGuy is offline Good things come to those who wait
    tell me more about the lake district
    Its a beautiful place IMO. A great place to relax! Hilly, calm, amazing landscapes.. just generally nice... and just up the road from me!

Heres a few pictures for you Johan.

Jester is offline New Member
    Come to the US... and see for yourself. I think you will like it.

Quote Originally Posted by MatrixGuy
    Its a beautiful place IMO. A great place to relax! Hilly, calm, amazing landscapes.. just generally nice... and just up the road from me!

Heres a few pictures for you Johan.

Those could have been pics of northern sweden. Very beautifull indeed!!

majorpecs is offline Anabolic Member
    Blog Entries
    The US may be going downhill as some of you say, but I guarantee you in our lifetime there will be NO other country that can compare to what the US will offer you.

smokethedays is offline Veni, Vedi, Vici.
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by majorpecs
    The US may be going downhill as some of you say, but I guarantee you in our lifetime there will be NO other country that can compare to what the US will offer you.
    very true

In therms of economical power usa will within our lifetime become second to china. When it comes to technology asia is alread in the lead in many fields. When it comes to freedom combined with the above then the usa is number one and when it comes to astrophysics and physics in general usa is number one.

I hope usa will continue to be number one in those fields aswell,

Quote Originally Posted by majorpecs

Amen bro

but I would still like to live somewhere like a tropical island

What states have the most respected research centers? Where is nasa mainly located? Caltech and JPL is in california right(or well I know caltech is lol but unsure about JPL)?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information