Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Pete235 is offline Retired Moderator

Who at "AR" would you most like to train with?

Well I know this is somewhat of a loaded question. We're a pretty tight knit group from my standpoint and I'm sure if everybody else is like me they will be afraid of hurting some peoples feeling by omitting them. Honestly, I would love to train one on one with all my friends herev (especially you Caines ) but for the sake of this thread, pick 2 or 3 and give a brief reason why. Please don't hate me if your name is not here

Bert doesn't count because she's my wife and we train together all the time. Sinve I've already trained a few times with Tigress she doesn't count and since my boy eye_candy lives so close, it's a given that we will hook up after his competition so he doesn't count either. Hopefully I will have a chance to train with both Jason and Tobey this summer...again, doesn't count

1) Mike - Not just because he's God, but because he and I have become good friends since he first took me under his wing a little over a year ago. Just ask him about the difference between the first pic I sent him and the latest pics

2) Big Kev - Do I really have to give a reason . Seriously, he and I have chatted a bit and he's the type who is going tp push me to my limits just by watching the wieghts he uses. I hate to be outdone so I would train heavier and harder than normal (still not at his level...but after a period of time the progress would be amazing I feel).

3) Primodonna - Another intelligent strong willed individual who I know gives 110% every single time she steps foot in the gym. That focus and intensity can only motivate me to push the limits.

Honorable mentions - kiser_soce, Dane, Diesel, Mallet, Papapump, partyboy, Art, Annie, Billy and bufchic.

ann
    ann is offline Female Member
    HONORABLE MENTIONS....HONORABLE MENTIONS.....Why you low down dirty........ J/K

Off the top of my head.....I will pick some females......they motivate me the most......so far .

Primo, LG and Nubian beauty....to name a few. Primo and LG because I do believe we would push each other to the limits....to see who lifts the most ( of course LG would probably have us whooped )

And NB....cause she is my girl.... and I want her to scream out my name in mercy as I push her through one last rep ( she is going to rip me a new a-hole for this )
    But the day will come.......

bex
    bex is offline Banned
    I think it would have to be with you pete because you seem to have you feet on the ground and dont take your self so serious.
    PLUS YOU LIKE A DRINK...

DevilsDeity is offline Anabolic Member
    Diesel, cause hes my hero

ann
    ann is offline Female Member
    Originally posted by ann
    HONORABLE MENTIONS....HONORABLE MENTIONS.....Why you low down dirty........ J/K

Off the top of my head.....I will pick some females......they motivate me the most......so far .

Primo, LG and Nubian beauty....to name a few. Primo and LG because I do believe we would push each other to the limits....to see who lifts the most ( of course LG would probably have us whooped )

And NB....cause she is my girl.... and I want her to scream out my name in mercy as I push her through one last rep ( she is going to rip me a new a-hole for this )
    But the day will come.......
    I was having a brain fart while typing this....but bufchic for sure goes in the mix above..... I NEED HER LEGS

Originally posted by bexsome

PLUS YOU LIKE A DRINK...
    Or several drinks Bex

bex
    bex is offline Banned
    YOUR THE MAN PETE.....

Originally posted by Little Girl
    Hey Pete! Since I'm not on your list, forget about our plans for this summer!

LG
    LG...the only reason I kept you off of the list is because it would destroy my already feeble ego to see a woman who is 10" shorter than me and half my body wieight, kick my ass in the gym!!

Sicilian30 is offline Respected Member
    I think I would like to work out with Big Kev.. I woudlnt' be able to hang wif him...

Canes4Ever is offline Banned

Re: Who at "AR" would you most like to train with?

Originally posted by Pete235
    Well I know this is somewhat of a loaded question. We're a pretty tight knit group from my standpoint and I'm sure if everybody else is like me they will be afraid of hurting some peoples feeling by omitting them. Honestly, I would love to train one on one with all my friends herev (especially you Caines )
    Pete, you and Bert need a respite from the cold so come on down and I'd love to train with both of you guys......would be fun. I know I'd learn a great deal and maybe, just maybe turn into a real lifter !!!

Here is my list in no particular order and pairing it down for reasons of brevity:

TNT, because he and I have become friends

MMGirl, so I could coax a smile out of her

Berry, because he is one handsome devil

and finally :

Iron Horse, because he seems like a good kid with smartz.

Hon. Mention: Mike (God), BigKev, Primodonna, Diesel, Pete235, Billy Boy, and Bouncer...because each one of them knows how to train, and with intensity that I need for a good kick-ass workout !

I hope others I know on the board don't get put off by my not metioning them.....in no way am I dissing anyone.
    Last edited by Canes4Ever; 03-07-2002 at 11:56 AM.

primodonna is offline Female Member
    Originally posted by ann

And NB...I want her to scream out my name in mercy
    You don't want me to scream out your name?
    What happens here, stays here

Butch is offline Anabolic Member
    I would have to say BigKev, PapaPump and God (mike), these boys have helped me out in everything known about BBing. Thank you guys for all the help and for the future help and thank you to all of the other great people on this forum. It goes without saying this is the best site on the net for BBing.

QuietStorm is offline Junior Member

Tough choice, but...

But I will go with GOD (Mike), because when I first started here and didn't know shit about shit. He would answer every one of my questions. Thanks a lot Mike for the help. Then secondly it would be BigKev just because he is a fucking wall. And thirdly I would have to go with KBGirl...mainly because of the 3some thread.

Babyweight is offline Female Member
    Originally posted by Little Girl
    I forgot Babyweight! We are about the same high, so with her I wouldn't not be the only one to be short!

LG
    Little Girl definately a must.. Super strong both physically & mentally. Thats what moves the weight!
    LG us short people need to stick together..

Smallmoves, and then of course Dino....But would definately have to stay away from the beer..
    Probably my bigest weakness..

Mighty Joe is offline Anabolic Member
    Tuff tuff question!
    But here goes!

IronGame: This guy knows his stuff and has been very responsive to my pm's.
    BigKev: Just to see how I stack up next to a tight bro! He also has come through for me on pm's...good guy!
    Cycleon: Becuase we all want to look like his pic!

Honorable Mention: Pureanger, Big Red Machine, Pete235(My Canadian Brudda), Pappapump, X-Biker (Free Pins) and lastly but not least Mike (A conversation with GOD)!

Bert2 is offline Female Member
    I would like to train with Mike because he's my "other" man , Primo because she's an inspiration with her knowledge and dedication to the gym and Annie because we've become friends and have so much in common. I left out Little Girl and Tigress because I will get to train with Tigress shortly and I will (hopefully) get to train with Little Girl this summer.
    It's supposed to be hard! If it was easy, everyone would do it! It's the "hard" that makes it great!

Billy Boy is offline Retired Moderator
    To hard to decide so i choose you all I know that 99% of you guys and girls put so much effort into your training that it would be an honour to train with any of you.

And thanks Pete for the hon mention lol and i think if I admire one persons dedication and commitment it has to be Caines,nice going bro

Quad is offline Female Member
    Little girl cuz she'd kick my ass and I love a good ass kicking!! Dino cuz we'd have a ball...then we could go eat pizza and drink beer!
    Winners never quit...Quitters never win!!!

BOUNCER is offline Retired Vet
    I'd like to smoke weed with IronGame!.

Seriously, everyone here is either training to their best or trying to and thats the kind of person I want. Heavy weights don't impress me really. It's dedication to our sport that impresses me.

Oh, I'd love to train legs with TripleV. Is she still posting here ?.

Bouncer

Originally posted by Billy Boy
    To hard to decide so i choose you all I know that 99% of you guys and girls put so much effort into your training that it would be an honour to train with any of you.

And thanks Pete for the hon mention lol and i think if I admire one persons dedication and commitment it has to be Caines,nice going bro
    Thanks Billy Boy, but tonight after failing on my 225 attempt on the bench I may be laying off training for a while. I'M PISSED brothers.....

DevilsDeity is offline Anabolic Member
    Diesel:
    im in western pa BUT im in new jersey often for work we have a plant out there in Kenilworth

Originally posted by Diesel
    4) Canes - Your attitude inspires me bro.

Thanks man, you're awesome Diesel ! I wish I had, had more attitude tonight in the gym, I failed on that bench attempt. Got it about 4 inches off the chest and it wasn't budging after that.....

Oh well, I'm feeling better than I was a few minutes ago.....

There is always next time ! I'll get it !

Originally posted by Diesel

I know you will bro.
    Thanks dude, I know I will, consistancy and hard work will get it for me.

If you achieved your goals first time around everytime it would bore you and you would have nothing to work to.I remember it took me a couple of attempts to deadlift 400lbs for 3 sets but once I got there I needed 410 and then 420 and so on you,ll get there bro

If you achieved your goals first time around everytime it would bore you and you would have nothing to work to.I remember it took me a couple of attempts to deadlift 400lbs for 3 sets but once I got there I needed 410 and then 420 and so on you,ll get there bro
    Thanks Billy Boy !!! I appreciate your support. I'll get it soon, I know I will

QuietStorm is offline Junior Member

Thumbs up

Great post Billy Boy, I couldn't have said it better myself. You see it's the confidence building comments like that one that keep me logged on to this site.

Terinox is offline The One & Only
    BigKev...because he's HYYYUUUUUUUUGE!!!

He'd make me work really hard and probably motivates like crazy!!! Just look at his current training partner...AND THAT GUY WAS NATURAL!

TNT
    TNT is offline Retired Moderator

Cool Hmmmmmmm, let's see . . .

Gee, I see that my name has come up a lot less than the last time we had one of these threads.

(That's cool, I've been keeping a lower profile lately.)

Anyway, my choices . . .

Mike and BigKev, because they have been so successful at it, they know what they're doing, and they have a good psychological approach to lifting. On top of which, they're truly among "the good guys."

Pete235, because he's an all-around nice guy, isn't hung up about having an occasional beer (well, maybe more than occasional), and lives in a part of Canada that I've never been to and hope to see at some point.

Bravo11p, because he's one of the few other people around here that addresses medical issues comprehensively, and he does it very well.

Bouncer, because he's one big mofo, but the biggest part of him is his heart. (And remember, kids, your heart should always be bigger than any other part of you.)

And good ol' Canes, because I'd like to kick his ass and show him that powerlifting is good, but there's more to working out. Besides, I'd like to get on a Precor next to him, do some heavy cardio, and trade great movie lines - his are among the best. (And yes, I said kick his ass. )

BE_STRONG is offline Senior Member
    Everyone-at least once! all the ladies-twice, and the mods & vets 3 times!!

Re: Hmmmmmmm, let's see . . .

Originally posted by TNT
    And good ol' Canes, because I'd like to kick his ass and show him that powerlifting is good, but there's more to working out. Besides, I'd like to get on a Precor next to him, do some heavy cardio, and trade great movie lines - his are among the best. (And yes, I said kick his ass. )
    TNT, you my friend are the best. I only wish I had you in the gym with me every day to KICK MY ASS !!!! I would have gotten the 225 yesterday had you been there; I wouldn't have been allowed to fail !

Good luck with your sugery my friend, and yes, I will be in contact with you VERY soon.

Canes I train on my own and the only person I have to kick my ass is my own determination ,willpower and ego.As you lift more you,ll be mentally stronger as well and you won,t need anyone to push you,it all takes time

Canes I train on my own and the only person I have to kick my ass is my own determination ,willpower and ego.As you lift more you,ll be mentally stronger as well and you won,t need anyone to push you,it all takes time
    I hope so, but I will have a built in gym partner as my (life) partner will be moving here soon. That will be the help I need. I hope that I also will be able to help him a lot too, as he has the far better genetics and potential than I do, and I think with hard enough work, I might be able to get him up on a stage someday (if he wants that).

manijak is offline Associate Member
    Originally posted by Bouncer AKA bouncer
    I'd like to smoke weed with IronGame!.

Seriously, everyone here is either training to their best or trying to and thats the kind of person I want. Heavy weights don't impress me really. It's dedication to our sport that impresses me.

Oh, I'd love to train legs with TripleV. Is she still posting here ?.

Bouncer
    hehehehehhe mind if I join?

solid90062 is offline Member
    Tennisgod and Berry since their symmetry looks incredible...like statues

Dome is offline Junior Member
    I'd train with BigKev!

Tedmax195 is offline Member
    I wish i could go and visit everybody on this board just so i could train with them. isn't always good to train with someone who is as focused as you are. i bet these would be the best workouts so i guess my answer is anybody off of this board.

THA NEXT CORMIER is offline New Member

this would be awesome if i could train with him

well for me to train with somebody it's "bigkev" he would push me to the next level!

sp9
    sp9 is offline MMA Competition Sentinel
    I'd like to see some of the mods and vets work out. Heck they should meet at a gym and throw together a workout video and post it. Of course they could all blur out their faces like everyone does with thier pictures. That would be a true motivator.

Nate_Dog is offline Member
    Dr. Derek is the man.

I have seen his own build, and that female he trained... and it commands respect.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information