Anabolics
Search More Than 6,000,000 Posts
Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. #1
    _Tiger_ is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    760

    Replacing Addictions..

    I just wanted to share this with you guys, maybe some of you can relate..

    Anyway so I'd been an avid weightlifter since junior high/high school, for sports and just for the love of it. So one day I moved out with some friends, little did i know that these kids were heavily in to drugs. I had done my share of experimenting before but never this deep. There were drugs around all the time and pretty soon I was doing anything I could get my hands on. going from a nice lean 155lbs (yea i'm skinny) to a slightly chubby 139 lbs, I was getting depressed and I ended up getting busted by cops for drugs.

    anyways, so I moved back home with my parents, cleaned myself up, stopped hanging around the old friends who used. started hanging with my high school buddys again....still something was missing. being an addict, you constantly need the sensation of being "Full", it doesnt matter what you do to "Fill" yourself, but you just need that..So anyway I went back to my old gym, picked up some weights a little bit...and that was it, I was in love again with bodybuilding and i havent looked back.

    Now I know more than ever about bodybuilding (much thanks to ppl on this site) and I look better than I ever have before... In one of my rehab classes, the teacher told us that we are "Addicts" and will be for forever. And at first that really upset me, but I realized: "That doesnt mean I'm addicted to DRUGS for forever" that just means that I have an addictive personality and am intense in what i like"...Anyway, just was thinking about this lately and was happy that I've replaced my addiction with one of the greatest things for you..Bodybuilding/Nutrition.. Kinda corny but it makes me happy to think about.

  2. #2
    SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    25,778
    Awesome brutha, congrats to you!

    ~SC~

  3. #3
    collar's Avatar
    collar is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    6,192
    yeah thats is great
    and that is the best way of really doing it..
    cause u cannot stop old habbits or addiction..
    only way is by replacing it by something better and more usefull for u..
    which u did..
    that is great mate.
    now keep clean

  4. #4
    WildCh1ld's Avatar
    WildCh1ld is offline Banned
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    1,981
    Quote Originally Posted by SeanStew
    In one of my rehab classes, the teacher told us that we are "Addicts" and will be for forever. And at first that really upset me, but I realized: "That doesnt mean I'm addicted to DRUGS for forever" that just means that I have an addictive personality and am intense in what i like"...Anyway, just was thinking about this lately and was happy that I've replaced my addiction with one of the greatest things for you..Bodybuilding/Nutrition.. Kinda corny but it makes me happy to think about.

    Bro you just quoted my girl, she likes the fact that I love to work out with a passion, (but also hates that when I get into something I get into it hard-core) the only thing is whenever I get hurt or can't workout I (always) go back to a old habbit which is drinking. I can drink like a maniac which I hate about me. I ****ed up my shoulder a couple of weeks ago and what sucks is I'm going on vacation next week to Mexico/Acapulco so you know I'll be drinking all day in a controlled manner of course. But I made a promise to "MYSELF" that when I get back I'm going to change and full on get my BB'ing together (no more drinking), and show you guys some before and after pictures once I get into my groove again. I love this f*cken board because there's allot of cool f*cken people with great knowledge and advice to give. Plus allot of fawkers I like to whore with.

    Right now I'm 5'9, 200lbs, about 17% body fat and when I get back I want to
    shoot for 215lbs and 10 to 8% body fat. That is my goal and I'll sweat, cry and bleed if I have too so I can get there.



    I've been drinking tonight so forgive me If I sound retarted.

  5. #5
    Mizfit's Avatar
    Mizfit is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Toronto Canada
    Posts
    8,966
    Everyone has problems.. whether they be an addictive personality.. or something else.. make thme work for you

    For myself i know my limiitations and weakness and have put thme to use That's the way to live and live well

    Good luck hun and have fun on your trip

  6. #6
    Benches505's Avatar
    Benches505 is offline 75% HGH 25% Testosterone
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    3,366
    Props to you for kicking the shit drugs!

  7. #7
    punchrf's Avatar
    punchrf is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    nor cal
    Posts
    3,093
    Quote Originally Posted by WILDCH1LD
    Bro you just quoted my girl, she likes the fact that I love to work out with a passion, (but also hates that when I get into something I get into it hard-core) the only thing is whenever I get hurt or can't workout I (always) go back to a old habbit which is drinking. I can drink like a maniac which I hate about me. I ****ed up my shoulder a couple of weeks ago and what sucks is I'm going on vacation next week to Mexico/Acapulco so you know I'll be drinking all day in a controlled manner of course. But I made a promise to "MYSELF" that when I get back I'm going to change and full on get my BB'ing together (no more drinking), and show you guys some before and after pictures once I get into my groove again. I love this f*cken board because there's allot of cool f*cken people with great knowledge and advice to give. Plus allot of fawkers I like to whore with.

    Right now I'm 5'9, 200lbs, about 17% body fat and when I get back I want to
    shoot for 215lbs and 10 to 8% body fat. That is my goal and I'll sweat, cry and bleed if I have too so I can get there.



    I've been drinking tonight so forgive me If I sound retarted.
    that sounds like me. i hurt my back 2 months ago and wednesday was my first full workout back in the gym since then. the past 2 months i have been drinking like a fish about 5 days a week. i had just got off 2 dnp runs 1 week before i hurt myself and i have gained about half that fat back that i had lost. that was a waste. i had been consistently in the gym for the previous 3 years so that little break i'll say made bodybuilding that much more enjoyable again, which it did. my intensity is through the roof but my strength is in the pooper. i have gained back about 3 pounds in the last 2 weeks so the little workouts i was doing were amounting to a little.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    strong island, NY
    Posts
    579
    your story is very similar to mine. i kicked dope and coke 4 years ago after a massive overdose that nearly ended my life. back then i weighed 125lbs soaking wet! i've been through the addict's gammet a million times: rehabs, psych wards, detoxes, hospitals, AA and NA meetings... you name it! you know how it is.

    i've been clean and sober from alcohol and drugs for 4 years now. since the week i got out of the hospital 4 years ago, bodybuilding has been my passion. i just cant get enough of it. i study more about lifting weights and nutrition than i ever studied anything in school!

  9. #9
    CRUISECONTROL's Avatar
    CRUISECONTROL is offline Post Whore Extraordinaire Cruising On Autopilot
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    La La Land
    Posts
    5,413
    Congrats bro....... I'm in a similar situation but instead of drugs with alcohol......It has never affected my family or work but bottom line I was drinking too dam much!!!!!!!!!

    I have got into working out and getting the body I wanted I was 150Lbs @ 5'11" skinny also..........But because your not supposed to drink while on cycle I've almost completely cut out drinking in only 2 months...................It's a great feeling I know

    I'm proud of ya cause I've had friends ruined their life because of drugs......

    Way to go bro

  10. #10
    Keyser Sozey is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Miami
    Posts
    2,847
    Quote Originally Posted by SeanStew
    I just wanted to share this with you guys, maybe some of you can relate..

    Anyway so I'd been an avid weightlifter since junior high/high school, for sports and just for the love of it. So one day I moved out with some friends, little did i know that these kids were heavily in to drugs. I had done my share of experimenting before but never this deep. There were drugs around all the time and pretty soon I was doing anything I could get my hands on. going from a nice lean 155lbs (yea i'm skinny) to a slightly chubby 139 lbs, I was getting depressed and I ended up getting busted by cops for drugs.

    anyways, so I moved back home with my parents, cleaned myself up, stopped hanging around the old friends who used. started hanging with my high school buddys again....still something was missing. being an addict, you constantly need the sensation of being "Full", it doesnt matter what you do to "Fill" yourself, but you just need that..So anyway I went back to my old gym, picked up some weights a little bit...and that was it, I was in love again with bodybuilding and i havent looked back.

    Now I know more than ever about bodybuilding (much thanks to ppl on this site) and I look better than I ever have before... In one of my rehab classes, the teacher told us that we are "Addicts" and will be for forever. And at first that really upset me, but I realized: "That doesnt mean I'm addicted to DRUGS for forever" that just means that I have an addictive personality and am intense in what i like"...Anyway, just was thinking about this lately and was happy that I've replaced my addiction with one of the greatest things for you..Bodybuilding/Nutrition.. Kinda corny but it makes me happy to think about.
    hell yeah!. If you're going to cross depend, why not depend on bbing?
    Props

  11. #11
    deuce-is-loose's Avatar
    deuce-is-loose is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    360
    congrats bro

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •