Thread: hey everyone!!!

Buddha_Red is offline Senior Member

hey everyone!!!

Hi hi!Hey gang!!!!

It has been ages, but i came back to apologize to Billy bathgate and all of you for the childish roid rage i displayed to him and the forum. i have stopped completely using steroids because my diet was actually what i needed most.

Since my raging then running away like a spoiled kid over not getting what he wanted, I decided no more!I have lost 250 pounds and live healthy without trying to find that magic pill.

Hello! to all the new faces, Shout out to all the old timers i see still here. i have missed yall greatly and i am sorry i let my roid rage impact those that were here or read the messages.

Peace and love to you all!! Train to live, don't live to train

Buddha Red

IronFreakX is offline Banned
    are you a buddhist?

956Vette is online now AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Blog Entries
    long time, glad to hear from ya

Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer
    holy shit blast from the past

FCECC2 is offline Anabolic Member
    woooaaahh shiit bud, been a fukin while!! the fina war is over i see

daem is offline Anabolic Member
    It definitely has been a while! Hope all is well. Good to see some quality faces resurfacing around here...

Billy_Bathgate is offline AR Vet / Retired
    Like I said, glad you stop by, and glad we cleared things up!

BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member
    Damn talk about flashbacks!!! How the hell are ya bro.... been years since I've talked with ya. Hope all is well.

yup im a zen buddhist. I know, usually doesnt spell body building but it really has made me grow up and center myself. Great to see you all again. I missed yall!!! I will be around alot more, the board has really grown huge, like it wasnt already hehe

no reason i just like this smilie

Keep up the diet, Its worth it!

Keyser Sozey is offline Anabolic Member
    I have a fascination with buddhism. I met a woman buddhist, however, she is of the Tibetan style philosophy. Anyway, she gave me some tips on meditation, which I should use more often.
    Being an ecclectic, I enjoy all the goods from religions/spiritual practice. I'd like to attempt yoga as well, but I doubt I will be able to hang.
    Btw, takes balls to man up like you have, esp. on a public board. I commend your actions.

buddha what is the difference betwen zen buddhism and tibetan buddhism? You zen guys focuse more on meditation and "real life" and less on metaphysics right?

is it Mahayana or Hinayana?

have you read the book "the bodhisatvas way of life" in that case what do you think of it? Some of the stuff in that book was very hard to comprehend.

symatech is offline Retired Moderator
    Wow! What a comeback! Hope you stick around you seem to have come a long way bro. We could use guys with your experience and maturity here. I'm glad you returned I used to read all your tren posts back when I first joined.

BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member
    Oh hell yeah... BR used to be the tren master around these parts.

Quote Originally Posted by johan
    have you read the book "the bodhisatvas way of life" in that case what do you think of it? Some of the stuff in that book was very hard to comprehend.
    I'm not sure of the book title, but I read a book a few months back on Siddhartha's journey out of is father's palace. He's taken on a carriage ride, and the carriage rider is supposed to be Shiva, the preserver. Siddhartha is then exposed to death, old age and the poor. It's quite intersting, since the origins of buddhism grew out of Hinduism, both have the circular pattern of life (life, death, rebirth), as oppossed to Western religions , who have a more linear pattern (birth death and heaven, etc) .

clockworks is offline Anabolic Member
    holy shit blast from the past
    Word, nice to see an old face.

Quote Originally Posted by Keyser Sozey
    I'm not sure of the book title, but I read a book a few months back on Siddhartha's journey out of is father's palace. He's taken on a carriage ride, and the carriage rider is supposed to be Shiva, the preserver. Siddhartha is then exposed to death, old age and the poor. It's quite intersting, since the origins of buddhism grew out of Hinduism, both have the circular pattern of life (life, death, rebirth), as oppossed to Western religions , who have a more linear pattern (birth death and heaven, etc) .

whats the name of that book bro? I "almost" got into buddhism earlier this spring. Went to a few mediation and prayer sessions at a tibetan buddhist place in my old town but then other things got in the way. I dont know that much about buddhism but I think its beutifull.

whats the name of that book bro? I "almost" got into buddhism earlier this spring. Went to a few mediation and prayer sessions at a tibetan buddhist place in my old town but then other things got in the way. I dont know that much about buddhism but I think its beutifull.
    It is beautiful. I believe, the books name is Siddharta's Journey? I will find out for you. Truly, it is something worth embracing. However, the non-attachment part, of buddhism is extremely difficult, esp in capitalistic societies.

BigMike J is offline Anabolic Member
    it's been a while since i've seen that avatar.. Welcome back.

Quote Originally Posted by Keyser Sozey
    It is beautiful. I believe, the books name is Siddharta's Journey? I will find out for you. Truly, it is something worth embracing. However, the non-attachment part, of buddhism is extremely difficult, esp in capitalistic societies.
    yeah non attachment and beeing a vegitarian is the things that I would never probably be able to get into. True buddhism and bodybuilding doesnt seem to go hand in hand either unfortunaly.

But I still enjoy reading about it and I feel I learn alot and se a possibility to develop through it.

Money Boss Hustla is offline Retired Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddha_Red
    Hi hi!Hey gang!!!!

It has been ages, but i came back to apologize to Billy bathgate and all of you for the childish roid rage i displayed to him and the forum. i have stopped completely using steroids because my diet was actually what i needed most.

Since my raging then running away like a spoiled kid over not getting what he wanted, I decided no more!I have lost 250 pounds and live healthy without trying to find that magic pill.

Hello! to all the new faces, Shout out to all the old timers i see still here. i have missed yall greatly and i am sorry i let my roid rage impact those that were here or read the messages.

Peace and love to you all!! Train to live, don't live to train

Buddha Red
    Holy shite! Welcome back!

yeah non attachment and beeing a vegitarian is the things that I would never probably be able to get into. True buddhism and bodybuilding doesnt seem to go hand in hand either unfortunaly.

But I still enjoy reading about it and I feel I learn alot and se a possibility to develop through it.
    The dali lamma(its late and i cant spell) explains that you can eat meant. It hyst cannot be killed by you or fror exclusive yours. Hambuer,steaks and all the meat in the supermarkets is ok because you did not order or get another to kill a creature. You have to pick that lobster before you are breaking that rule.

I followed various buddhist path until i found zen buddhism and does not have any gods or dieties. The images are just modivational buddhist images. we do not woriship anything, We learn from things and mainly work on how we react to life and our minds.. We are after the truth no matter if its christan,islamic,spanish, and the others i forgot. Oh ad we do not recruit.

I hate that, its MY door, leave it alone hehe i ramble all the time.

Buddha Red

CRUISECONTROL is offline Post Whore Extraordinaire Cruising On Autopilot
    Hey Red I dont know ya but welcome back anyway

Quote Originally Posted by Buddha_Red
    The dali lamma(its late and i cant spell) explains that you can eat meant. It hyst cannot be killed by you or fror exclusive yours. Hambuer,steaks and all the meat in the supermarkets is ok because you did not order or get another to kill a creature. You have to pick that lobster before you are breaking that rule.

I followed various buddhist path until i found zen buddhism and does not have any gods or dieties. The images are just modivational buddhist images. we do not woriship anything, We learn from things and mainly work on how we react to life and our minds.. We are after the truth no matter if its christan,islamic,spanish, and the others i forgot. Oh ad we do not recruit.

I hate that, its MY door, leave it alone hehe i ramble all the time.

Buddha Red
    thanks for clearing that out buddha

got any books you can recomend?

bor
    bor is offline D-bol Poppin'
    Welcome back bro

I tried to follow other path's of buddhism, but i am best comfortable with the zen path, it's been crafted over the ages as more a personal practice. I focus on the moment, I try to feel,see,hear and smell everything i can about this moment. The focus is taken off the memorization of a different language which is hard as he**. I use the values of the dalia lama but thats just a personal choice for my real life.

Zen buddhism path is a personal journey in which you search your mind and fix the problems you notice comming up in meditation. As you meditate over the weeks, months, years, you will have issues pop up, and i freeze it and start working on resolving the issue.

One day billy came to mind as i meditated, so i was building up the courage to come clean. He contacted me first by good fortune and i was able to finally make right a situation i foolishly created. It free's the chip on my shoulder if i just own up to my mistakes and my attidues and try to resolve every wrong i can. Sh** i actually have made admends and are now friends with a woman that i totally screwed over back in the day.

The real reason i follow zen buddhism is because its just simple for me. No complicated rituals, hardware or clothing nessary. I can meditate with my eyes wide open or closed, i can meditate for 5 minutes or 2 hours. The are no "rules", just simple lessons that must be understood and applied to your life. You take complete ownership to everything about yourself. if you get pissed too much, work on it, if you notice you have a bad habit, start working on it. its not the end we are worried about, its the path. Yes i wan't to become enlightened for the betterment of all living beings.

I must admit clearly that although zen buddhism includes rituals and common buddhist items, i chose a pure mental and physical path, without the bells and wisles. A more directed path aimed directly at what im doing. I do not worry about "trying" to control anothers actions, i just worry about how im acting and living. Please understand this comes with no pride or stuckup shelfishness, its just i have to mind my biz before worrying about yours.

We get our bodies in shape, but let's spend atleast 5 minutes aday in a quiet place (my closet in my bedroom is the quietiest room in the place) so i go there and sit.Just sit and try to be quiet, i do not try to stop thinking, i just try to let the thoughts pass by, just try to become very still and quiet for a few moments. When you do, you will know why i do what i do.

I have always been eclectic in nature, i am a science type guy, if its real, i must be able to prove it to myself then i will go with it. The buddha said, paraphrasing " do not believe me simply because im a monk, do not believe simply because you were told. Only after careful inspection and proof to your self that it is real, only then should you believe it.

I do not worship the buddha, He is just the greatest source for life teachings for me personally, actually i have a great respect for jesus and ALLAH. I can now see, they were all spreading the same message. I learn from teachers around the globe. I try to harm none, with words or deeds. Ok, im still working on the flipping people off if they cut me off. Im still human LOL

Watch little buddha, its a cute family type film, if you are interested in the tiebetian buddhism path, i have a warm spot in my heart for those people. You will hear the most basic version of how sidartha became the buddha (enlightened one). Im sorry i can't spell worth a da**. hehe. http://www.buddhanet.net/ Hehe no not my site, i wish, Its off the hook for any question about buddhism. There is so much you can learn if you ever get the intrerest.

You can't really start working on your mind only, if you have not worked on your body as well, the fat jolly buddha, which i adore!! is not the way of life in buddhism. You must make yourself healthy as well as mentally. DOH so i got serious about my weight, and did something about it. i stopped looking like him, i just now collect them

I'm sorry i posted such a long post, but i love to talk about things i have learned.

hehe i love this one. What's your views? nothing i ever say is off topic to be debated. as long as its a debate and not personal i live for it
    Last edited by Buddha_Red; 07-31-2005 at 03:12 PM. Reason: I am to anal about my posts hehe

thats a great post.

My views are very similar to yours. Im also a scientific kind of guy and I avoid all kinds of rituals and "useless" things about buddhism. So far I have picked the pieces I know will benifit me and practice that(meditation totaly cured a 2 year struggle with medicated insomnia for instance). I dont know if I belive in enlightment or reincarnation but doesnt stop me from seeing the benifits of meditation for instance.

I want happiness to myself and the people close to me and I help when I can but I never interfer in someones life uninvited.

Thread Information