Thread: Colon infection

Sandwich2003 is offline Banned

Colon infection

This is kind of a medical question.

For the past 2-3 months I have been going to the bathroom 8-10 times a day. This along with some mild, yet very unconmfortable pain in the abdominal area. Two day ago I went to the doctor. He said I have all the symptoms of shinezegella (?), a bacteria similar to salmonella.

He gave me antibiotics, for 8 days, and some other medicine for my bowelsystem. I have been taking everything the way he said for the last 2 days. So far it helped me with the bathroom problem, been goin 2-3 times a day. But I still have pain in my abdominal area (and the last part of my colon, right after the anus).

Has anyone dealt with this before?

cb25 is offline Banned
    sounds like the antibiotics are working...make sure you take the full course of them, use them up until they're gone.

where is the pain in your abdomen? if you were to divide your adbomen into quarters (upper left, lower left, upper right, lower right) where is the pain? is it a sharp pain, or a constant dull ache?

Sandwich2003 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by cb25
    sounds like the antibiotics are working...make sure you take the full course of them, use them up until they're gone.

where is the pain in your abdomen? if you were to divide your adbomen into quarters (upper left, lower left, upper right, lower right) where is the pain? is it a sharp pain, or a constant dull ache?
    The pain is in the area between my belly button and my manhood. Is kind oif a constant dull ache. When I apply pressure it's more of a sharp pain.

cb25 is offline Banned
    like i said, it sounds like the antibiotics are starting to work...make sure you finish them all up. if the pain is still present, or if it gets worse and localizes in the lower right quadrant, then you should call your doc and let him know. otherwise, you should be recovering

Buddha_Red is offline Senior Member
    i had the same problems about the adbomen , it hurt hardcore,enough that my wife dragged me into the hospital, i stayed there two days and every test they could do they did. they diagnosted me with IBS, but that was full of crap, after my anti botics, the pain went completely away and hasnt returned.

It will get better, just hang in there.

Thread Information