arthurb999 is offline Anabolic Member

How often do you get a new Bed (matress)

Hey Guys,

How often do you guys get a new bed. The one I have now is 3 years old and as of late, every morning my back is killing me. Once I get out of bed and get moving, I'm fine. The matress and box spring was like $800 so it wasn't a cheap one. Not sure if I sould get a new one...

-Arthur

RA
    RA is offline Grade A Beef
    It should last you a lot longer than that. We just got a new one but had the old one over 10 years.

chest6 is offline Banned
    10+ years i agree

hmmm... so it's not the bed.

What do you guys think would cause someone's lower back to hurt only in the mornings...

RA
    RA is offline Grade A Beef
    It also depends on how you sleep, how many pillows under your head, etc. My sister had the same problem and started sleeping without a pillow and it went away.

Not a bad idea... it could be a combo of things... maybe i strained something in the gym and it only gets effected when I lay down... thanks for the advice fellas.

-Arthur

Monkeytown is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by arthurb999
    hmmm... so it's not the bed.

What do you guys think would cause someone's lower back to hurt only in the mornings...
    I had the same problem, got a new matress a few weeks ago (last one was 10 years old) and my back pain is gone.

BG
    BG is offline The Real Deal - AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Not soon enough, usualy have to have back problems

MatrixGuy is offline Good things come to those who wait
    This thread made me laugh! I only got my mattress replaced a few months ago and guess how old it was?....................

.......... about 20 years old.

It was the shvttest mattress you will ever have come across. When you laid on it springs would push into your back. It creaked and snapped when you rolled around on it and it had a hole in the bottom where all the bits fell out.

daem is offline Anabolic Member
    Spend a little more money (like $1200) and the thing will last you for years.

Mattress construction today is very durable and high quality, but when I was buying another one, my mother, of all people, gave me this advice:

"In all likelihood, you aren't going to get married for a while, so I'd buy a nice mattress. When you do get married, your wife will probably want to know that she was the only woman sleeping on the bed, so you'll have to suck it up and buy a new one to appease her. Women are weird like that."

I had never thought about that, but she made a good point.

The way things have been going around here the last few months, more girls have been in that bed than the frickin Westin. I'm sure the future wifey won't appreciate that story...

Sir Lifts-a-lot is offline Senior Member
    I work in a god damn furniture warehouse and let me tell you people go through mattresses like crazy.

Atleast 80 beding sets go out daily locally around where the warehouse is.

collar is offline Anabolic Member
    the lower back pain ive had that b4
    b4 u go bed try stretching ur lower back
    and when u wake up ..
    its just very tight cause from all the hard training..
    and just watch ur technique that u dont make ur lower back do most the work

Zapp is offline Banned
    Slept on the same one for so long, almost wore a hole in it. Slept to good to get rid of it, but finally did.

Bigen12 is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by daem
    Spend a little more money (like $1200) and the thing will last you for years.

Mattress construction today is very durable and high quality, but when I was buying another one, my mother, of all people, gave me this advice:

"In all likelihood, you aren't going to get married for a while, so I'd buy a nice mattress. When you do get married, your wife will probably want to know that she was the only woman sleeping on the bed, so you'll have to suck it up and buy a new one to appease her. Women are weird like that."

I had never thought about that, but she made a good point.

The way things have been going around here the last few months, more girls have been in that bed than the frickin Westin. I'm sure the future wifey won't appreciate that story...
    You're mother is absolutely correct!

C_Bino is offline $BAM-7246~AR-Hall of Famer
    Well you should flip ur mattress every couple months I would say so it wears evenly. Also sleep on ur back if its hurting you because that way your back stays as straight as possible, when you sleep on ur side or stomach you are arching/bowing your spine.
    My suggestion is sleep on the floor for a nite, since its really hard it will support your back, see if there is pain in the morning. This will also let u know whether or not you would be better with a harder mattress or possibly a softer one.

-Bino

Thread Information