BUYLONGTERM is offline Anabolic Member

Got my Bloodwork yesterday and something freaky happened!!!

I am sitting down waiting for my name to be called to get my bloodwork done. This Dr. comes up to me and asks if I want to participate in this Gene study. All they would need is an extra vial of blood. The study would help researchers understand/learn about new cures for cancer, diabetes, etc..I had 2 parents die of cancer so of course I said I would. Well, I go in sit down and as the nurse is drawing my blood, The Dr. is going over all the formalites of the study. Next thing I know, I feel extremely dizzy and felt like I was sick to my stomache. Next thing I know, I'm being woken up with smelling salts and ice packs!!! I FAINTED. It was the strangest thing that has ever happened to me because when I woke up, the first thing I said was "I just got back from the most beautiful place in the world. I wasn't dreaming. I can't explain it. But it was almost life changing. I was at peace!!!! I asked what in the hell happened. She asked me when was the last time I ate. (I was giving blood yesterday around 2:30pm) I told them, I knew I wasn't supose to eat for several hours before the test. (which meant the day before my last meal was at 8:30pm.) That means I fasted for almost 18 hours!!!! She told me it was because my blood sugar count was extremely low and I shouldn't fasted for that long. But, I obviously couldn't eat that morning!!!!
    Has anyone fainted before and gone through that? Again, It was not only wierd, but it was almost amazing!

C_Bino is offline $BAM-7246~AR-Hall of Famer
    Do you have memories of ur "dream" or is it a blank now, as some normal dreams are?
    Kind of cool...Its like you were dead for a min.

-Bino

Quote Originally Posted by C_Bino
    Do you have memories of ur "dream" or is it a blank now, as some normal dreams are?
    Kind of cool...Its like you were dead for a min.

-Bino
    I can't remember the specifics. I just remembering being in the most peaceful/beautiful place. I don't think I could of slipped into a dream that fast? Thats what doesn't make sense. I know there was much more to the episode, but I just can't remember. I remember looking at the nurse and when I woke up and said that, she looked at me as if she knew what I was talking about!!! She said she was surprised I didn't have seizure!!!!! Thats all I would of needed.

longhorn814 is offline Anabolic Member
    i had a friend faint yesterday while giving blood. He's kind of a wus with needles, but he said the nurse stuck a 16 gauge needle in his vein, but pushed through and came out the back side of the vein into his muscle and then she kept moving it around until she finally got blood to come and he said he was out for about a minute when she took the needle out. He said he remembers dreaming he was on a beach with waves crashing and things like that.

Quote Originally Posted by longhorn814
    i had a friend faint yesterday while giving blood. He's kind of a wus with needles, but he said the nurse stuck a 16 gauge needle in his vein, but pushed through and came out the back side of the vein into his muscle and then she kept moving it around until she finally got blood to come and he said he was out for about a minute when she took the needle out. He said he remembers dreaming he was on a beach with waves crashing and things like that.
    Wow, NO shit! That is freaky!!!!! I don't mind giving blood. I don't care if they stick me with a fish hook.

Veretta21 is offline Junior Member
    Almost happened to me a year ago---I had a blood check up and the nurse couldn't get a vein---finally after he kept trying he found a vein---all of sudden I got really dizzy---got the sweats---my head started collasping---and everything started getting dark----the doc pulled the needle out right away and started soaking my foreheahd with wet paper towels and made me drink water---they also said it was probably cause my blood sugar was so low---who knows though

chest6 is offline Banned
    fainting..thats weird man

Quote Originally Posted by Veretta21
    Almost happened to me a year ago---I had a blood check up and the nurse couldn't get a vein---finally after he kept trying he found a vein---all of sudden I got really dizzy---got the sweats---my head started collasping---and everything started getting dark----the doc pulled the needle out right away and started soaking my foreheahd with wet paper towels and made me drink water---they also said it was probably cause my blood sugar was so low---who knows though
    Yeah, I got wet paper towels, cold packs, water, 7up....

DNoMac is offline Senior Member
    I gave blood a while back and got light headed. I don't know if it's standard procedure, or if my blood sugar was low but she offered orange juice. I've given blood plenty of times and never had a prob, but once when I cut my thumb pretty good, I didn't put a bandage on it for a while and fainted, but was only out for a second, and def didn't dream about anything. Maybe next time I give blood I'll fast for a while and maybe I'll return to the same place. I'll send a post card.

decadbal is offline Banned
    u fainted...what a poossy.....ahahaha jk bro, no i havnt fainted yet, but came close today in the gym... i love back day

BG
    BG is offline The Real Deal - AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Ya bro I do, they thought I was diabetic but turned out no go, one time they took blood and said are you allright, i said yes stood up fainted and knocked over the whole tray of medical supplies, so its on my record now, when they take blood I get cookies and soda( for sugar)

clockworks is offline Anabolic Member
    I hate the thought of blood leaving my body. This isn't to be confused with being scared of needles...which would absurd of someone on this site...

I've done the whole, "I'm fine" thing and then fainted mid stride as I'm leaving. Its embarrassing.

No dreams for me though!

Commando_Barbi is offline AR's Arresting Angel Vet
    I wonder.....I read a report about kids choking themselves to the point of going unconsious.....I wonder if the "high" related to that is similar to what you experienced?
    1. Once a cheat always a cheat!
    2. YES, SHE can get pregnant the first time!
    3. NO, PULLING out IS NOT a RELIABLE method of Birth Control. DAMMMMIT..... Wrap that shyte UP!!

Women over 30 are dignified. They seldom have a screaming match with you at the opera or in the middle of an expensive restaurant. Of course, if you deserve it, they won't hesitate to shoot you, if they think they can get away with it.

For all those men who say, "Why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free". Here's an update for you. Nowadays 80% of women are against marriage, why? Because women realize it's not worth buying an entire Pig, just to get a little sausage.

What the mind can conceive....the body will achieve!

Commando_Barbi is offline AR's Arresting Angel Vet
    I just save everyone the trouble.....I am flat out on a gurny when they take my blood OR give me a shot. I am SOOOO scared of needles! Thanks to a nice USAF prick er I mean doctor!
    1. Once a cheat always a cheat!
    2. YES, SHE can get pregnant the first time!
    3. NO, PULLING out IS NOT a RELIABLE method of Birth Control. DAMMMMIT..... Wrap that shyte UP!!

Women over 30 are dignified. They seldom have a screaming match with you at the opera or in the middle of an expensive restaurant. Of course, if you deserve it, they won't hesitate to shoot you, if they think they can get away with it.

For all those men who say, "Why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free". Here's an update for you. Nowadays 80% of women are against marriage, why? Because women realize it's not worth buying an entire Pig, just to get a little sausage.

What the mind can conceive....the body will achieve!

PaRiS2005 is offline Female Member
    I'm scared to death of needles as well. I have to have someboy distract me everytime I have to get blood drawn. It's not a fun experience. One time my school was having a blood drive and I though I was fine until the room started to spin. I headed by the nurse's office, to let her know and I fainted right there. It was crazy. My boyfriend warned me before hand that I would prob. faint, but I thought I was good to go. Guess I was wrong. haha...

Thread Information